Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment

No one is discussing.  Why?

“Look, on a personal level, myself — and I think every member of my family — feels extremely close to Tom. I’d like to think Tom was conflicted before he made that decision, but you’d have to talk to Tom about it,” Kraft said Monday via Tom Curran of CSNNE.com.   (Yes, that’s Curran doing work in the picture to the right.)

“He obviously feels like, I guess, that he made a business decision that was the right thing for him.  I’d like to think he was conflicted in making it, but I don’t know that.  I haven’t talked to him about it,” Kraft said, “so he didn’t consult me when he was making it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/21/jonathan-kraft-hopes-brady-was-conflicted-by-antitrust-lawsuit/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment

Because it isnt a big deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sounds to me that the Krafts might be expressing some hurt feelings. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment:
    Posted by UD6

If so.....I am sure they will get over it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by UD6

It sounds like they realized it was a business decision as they also had to make tough decisions but that they are tossing out an olive branch to Brady saying that they hope he was conflicted but they understood his decision. It's a back door way of saying they respect his decision but hopes there is no ill will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Posted by UD6

Why should they be surprised, he is a union representative.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A business decision pure and simple on behalf of the NFLPA.  The Krafts know business.  Hardly a big deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment:
    No one is discussing.  Why? “Look, on a personal level, myself — and I think every member of my family — feels extremely close to Tom. I’d like to think Tom was conflicted before he made that decision, but you’d have to talk to Tom about it,” Kraft said Monday via Tom Curran of CSNNE.com.   (Yes, that’s Curran doing work in the picture to the right.) “He obviously feels like, I guess, that he made a business decision that was the right thing for him.  I’d like to think he was conflicted in making it, but I don’t know that.  I haven’t talked to him about it,” Kraft said, “so he didn’t consult me when he was making it.” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/21/jonathan-kraft-hopes-brady-was-conflicted-by-antitrust-lawsuit/
    Posted by UD6

Here's an interesting topic that's worthy of discussion:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/633485-indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-has-become-the-most-selfish-player-in-the-nfl

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment :      Here's an interesting topic that's worthy of discussion: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/633485-indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-has-become-the-most-selfish-player-in-the-nfl
    Posted by TexasPat3

Interesting read, but he missed on a few points:

1.  Are we at all aware of what money manning has "asked for"?  No.  In fact, we know nothing about what Manning has demanded?  We do know that without a comment from Manning, Irsay has said he will make Manning the highest paid. 

2.  I don't think Indy wants or needs Antonio Cromartie.  This writer per his bio was born in TN and resides in VA.  How in the world would he know what the City of Indianapolis wants?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I'm glad to see someone can understand wht Irsay is talking about. God the man's scary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment : Interesting read, but he missed on a few points: 1.  Are we at all aware of what money manning has "asked for"?  No.  In fact, we know nothing about what Manning has demanded?  We do know that without a comment from Manning, Irsay has said he will make Manning the highest paid.  2.  I don't think Indy wants or needs Antonio Cromartie.  This writer per his bio was born in TN and resides in VA.  How in the world would he know what the City of Indianapolis wants?
    Posted by UD6

Dogg, Did'ya every think that only you and You alone, have the gifted powers of long-distance telepathy...  Sounds to me like a lil' someone just might perhaps be a tad jealous that this writer's power and hold over The Force, might just take your's down in an ESP battle of the minds royale?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This writer's hold (at bleacher report, chuckle chuckle chuckle) is only on Patty. 
    I wonder if patty is trying to get on there.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

who cares...

personally i think it will tarnish brady if the thing gones on too long... and it seems kinda hypocritical when brady is one of the top employees of the league and not really in the same boat as the rank and file...

but as long as he has another couple SB victories in him...thats really all that matters...he flounders in the playoffs next year(or against the jests) like he did this year and he will be modeling full time...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Both sides of this issue are multi-millionaire's. They are different then us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Brees and Manning are doing the same thing.  Its business, that's all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Meg,

I totally agree.  I don't really understand Kraft's words. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdp123. Show rdp123's posts

only thing he should feel conflicted about is that damn weak ponytail

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Meg, I totally agree.  I don't really understand Kraft's words. 
    Posted by UD6

maybe its beacuse the elite players in the league have more in common with the owners than they do with the rank and file....  its the elite players that really rake in the big dollars...   in real unions... everyone makes the same money....

surprized you dont understand that so either your stupid or your just pressing your agenda...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

jcour - there's no agenda here.  I am for the owners, but I can't for the life of me understand why they seem frustrated about not getting what they want or having to deal with their own players filing lawsuits against them. 

This isn't personal, its business.  IMO, the only way the owners get what they want (unless they win some of these legal battles) is to shut the players down, and bring on the scabs until they cry uncle.  Why would the players just give in to the owners requests? 

I guess on one level I can understand Kraft's sentiment.  Brady did pressure the team last summer to do a deal, and although they were reluctant due to the CBA, the pats ponied up.  I suppose they might wish to think that their own guy wouldn't sue them after doing the deal, but again, this is business. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Meg, I totally agree.  I don't really understand Kraft's words. 
    Posted by UD6

Obviously.

If you did, you wouldn't be sarcastically wondering why no one is discussing a guy essentially saying that he can't (and won't) speak for Tom Brady.

“Look, on a personal level, myself — and I think every member of my family — feels extremely close to Tom. I’d like to think Tom was conflicted before he made that decision, but you’d have to talk to Tom about it,” Kraft said Monday via Tom Curran of CSNNE.com.

“He obviously feels like, I guess, that he made a business decision that was the right thing for him.  I’d like to think he was conflicted in making it, but I don’t know that.  I haven’t talked to him about it,” Kraft said, “so he didn’t consult me when he was making it.”

He's not really saying anything, more or less, than if you want to know how Brady feels and why he's made the decisions he's made, it might be a good idea to go to the source.

Pretty good advice, it seems to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathon Kraft - Tom Brady Comment : Obviously. If you did, you wouldn't be sarcastically wondering why no one is discussing a guy essentially saying that he can't (and won't) speak for Tom Brady. “Look, on a personal level, myself — and I think every member of my family — feels extremely close to Tom. I’d like to think Tom was conflicted before he made that decision, but you’d have to talk to Tom about it,” Kraft said Monday via Tom Curran of CSNNE.com. “He obviously feels like, I guess, that he made a business decision that was the right thing for him.  I’d like to think he was conflicted in making it, but I don’t know that.  I haven’t talked to him about it,” Kraft said, “so he didn’t consult me when he was making it.” He's not really saying anything, more or less, than if you want to know how Brady feels and why he's made the decisions he's made, it might be a good idea to go to the source. Pretty good advice, it seems to me.
    Posted by p-mike

I read the words. 

But as a supporter of the owners, why demonstrate any level of emotion in your words?   

Has Brady been quoted as saying, "I'd like to think the Krafts were conflicted by choosing to lock me out"? 

Sections
Shortcuts