Jones or Bequette Bigger Impact this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Jones or Bequette Bigger Impact this year?

Who has more of an impact this Year. I love the Bequette pick, in the 3rd round. Great motor, never stops pursuing the play. Had they taken Bequette round 2 that would of be fine also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Jones or Bequette Bigger Impact this year?

It's a fair question. I agree with you 44 Bequette' looks like a steal at the end of the 3rd rd. CBS describes him as a "mike Vrabel type player". 6'5 275 32 inch arms, great shuttle times and a 4 year starter. Great pick!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

2 time Captain playing on a very good Team. I believe only losses were LSU and Alabama. Has a great Motor and played against great competition. I think he suprises alot of people

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Bequette - more pro ready body as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Bequette, he is more ready and has the size to play right now. Great pick!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Chandler jones he's a monster quit listening to everything tv tells you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bequette is more Pro ready but I think he's hit his ceiling and will be the player that we know he is. Jones has a much higher ceiling but is fundamentally raw which will take more then 1 preseason to fix so Bequette will be a bigger impact this ear but Jones will be the more impactful player over their respective careers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I hope BOTH guys have a BIG impact this year.

If I had to guess, Jones will have a bigger impact this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jones.  Bequette gets a head start but Jones is going to be awesome come January.  He's like Pierre-Paul, the current air dominator, with a combination extra 8 inches of reach and jumping ability, a big circle up and sideways in both directions.  8 inches is huge when a quarterback wants to throw bullets and Jones is 3 yards away.  Jones controls airspace.  He controls lanes.

I probably shouldn't call Bequette a white elephant.  He's still going to get straight around the ends of the big fat slow tackles in the league, and there are a few.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In either case 2 great picks from the master. To directly counter what 1 of the top blowhards on this site has been saying, it is picks like these that will help us win our 4rth SB!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think both a significant number of snaps just because the pats will be in sub packages so much.  Teams might pay more attention to Jones so I say Bequette will have bigger stats but Jones will make the most difference because teams will need to account for him on every down.  Regardless these guys will be good for years, agree Bequette might turn out to be a steal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think it will be real interesting to watch two guys that are rookies play out in space, when they really haven't done much of it in college. Watching tape of these two, it looked like they both had their hand in the dirt and were pretty darn good 43 defensive ends. I wonder if we'll see them in that elephant/McGinnest/Vrabel type of roll much at all? They both are going to have to see the field - I just wonder if we'll see them at linebacker. We went years without selecting outside linebackers when we really needed them (because it was supposedly so hard to learn and project a player there) and now these two show up?

I don't know? I'm picturing these guys on the end of a 4 man line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Bequette will tend to circle around back because that's what he does.  Jones will tend to stay in front so that he cuts off the passing lanes.  It's like throwing a football through a tree.