Jordan Shipley/Wes Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Jordan Shipley/Wes Welker

Your thoughts on a) if the Patriots are likely to consider Jordan Shipley as a potential Welker replacement and b) can Jordan Shipley play a high level in the NFL?

I personally love the kid's game. I think he plays hard, he's scrappy, pretty good speed. From what I see and hear, I think he's a character guy too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Jordan Shipley/Wes Welker

I really like Shipley and would love for the Pats to draft him, but I dont see it happening.  They already got Edelman and Tate.  They need a #2 and Shipley is a slot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, if he's available in the second round BB should pick this guy. good hands pretty much a welker clone

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

We already have the next Welker in Edelman.  We need the next outside/deep threat desperately.  Shipley will be a very good slot receiver but there are only so many "slots" on the field while special teamers like Sam Aiken waste a value spot on the outside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Shipley/Wes Welker:
    We already have the next Welker in Edelman.  We need the next outside/deep threat desperately.  Shipley will be a very good slot receiver but there are only so many "slots" on the field while special teamers like Sam Aiken waste a value spot on the outside.
    Posted by pyegian

What says you can have 3 slot receivers and a deep threat all line up?

Aikens is done I hope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Welker is likely out for most of next season. Edelman is going to start as the slot receiver. We need a #2 who can run medium and long routes to complement Moss.
    The bigger (meaning taller and physical) and faster....the better. We need someone who can go up, fight for, and win the ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Moss has been are only real , consistant scoring threat the last three years , mostly because the other receivers play the slot. This team needs someone who can play the X position opposite 81. Ive been screaming for Marshell all year. This guy would be a perfect fit in this system and fill the X spot. He can give you 100 rec's and 8 Tds every year , IMHO hes a top 3 rec , year in , year out. Why not fill a major hole on our team with giving up a 2 and 3 this year , and a 3/4 next year. Were "mosdef" going to address it in some way , why not get a proven 26 y/o guy in his prime?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd take a shot at Shipley if he was available come 4th round. I don't think he will last that long, and would rather see the Pats (if they draft a WR early, rounds 1 & 2) take someone who fits the 6'3", 215 mold, big, strong and can stretch defenses. 

That said, the kid has game and will be productive at the NFL level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

It's sad to say, but Welker most likely won't be the same.  He and Brady had similar injuries, but the difference is the amount of cutting and speed that Welker puts on those knees.  I agree with apdynasty23, use the mid or latter 2nd rounder on him.