Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots:
    In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots : As much respect as I have for Kev, it's painfully clear that he's lost his legs...I feel the same way about Branch, he was invisible in the Superbowl.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

+1

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots:
    I would rather see them develope Ridley and Vereen more rather than using a veteran but I see Addai as a replacement for BJGE.
    Posted by stillgridlocked

The only way I can see this making sense is if Addai is far cheaper than BJGE, which he may be.

IMO, BJGE is the better back over Addai.

Who knows, maybe this Bolden guy from Ole Miss is a junior version of BJGE and can be used in goal line or short yardage packages with a full back and Brady using playaction yet again like he did in the dynasty years.

THAT is what I want to see. If we start using that again, we seriously may see an 18-1 season, but it ending up the right way.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I look for him to have a great year.  Will have a different attitude and will be playing to show everyone he is not washed up yet.  Just give us one good year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It just doesn't matter who we put out there at RB.  We are a passing team.  How many games a year do we win because of the huge pressure associated with being down 14 points early, 4 or 5?.  Running the ball often means less touches for our best offensive players, fewer points and more pressure on our D - and that is not a good thing.  Us trying to run the ball is like the Jets trying to pass it. 
    Posted by Bustchise

We are a passing team....that's the problem. We have no plays or formations that  force other's defense to defend both run and pass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I've never seen an successful entity succeed more so by sticking with the status quo.  The ignorance is amazing to me. 

Why stick with something that is proven to be flawed?  It's almost like we have trolls on here posing as PAts fans in hopes we continue of making the same ideological blunders as an offense.

Our D could be ranked #1 in the AFC next year and people would still want Brady throwing 4 times from the 3 yard line from 1st and goal to up his 40+ pass attempts.

God, I hate fantasty football and the generation it created. Ugh.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots : Agreed Russ, when we start realizing that the past 4 Play-off loses proves that. Whats worse is that the 2 Superbowl loses to the same team, shows we play right into their biggest strength with the Passing attack Offense. Not smart.
    Posted by bobbysu

Two words--play action

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots : Agreed Russ, when we start realizing that the past 4 Play-off loses proves that. Whats worse is that the 2 Superbowl loses to the same team, shows we play right into their biggest strength with the Passing attack Offense. Not smart.
    Posted by bobbysu

I can't believe how many people think BB is inept as a coach . . .

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots : I don't think that is accurate.  It's one or two with many different names.  BB does what he has always done.  He tries to play to his teams strengths and take away his opponents.  If you have TB, RG, WW, AH, etc and you score a boat load of points nearly every game, you continue doing what works.  Any reasonable fan knows that BB is in complete control of how his team is put together and the style of football it plays.  To think that you are somehow better off running the ball at the expense of keeping you the ball out of the hands of your best players and at the expense of 7-10 points per game just for the sake of running the ball does not have a solid grasp of the game.
    Posted by Bustchise

You are, of course, completely correct Bustchise about Belichick.  As far as the number of Belichick doubters go, I hope you're right, but sometimes I have my doubts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots : I can't believe how many people think BB is inept as a coach . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Well done Prolate. Anybody who finds fault with our offense thinks BB "is inept as a coach".

BUT.. when anybody finds fault with the defense it is an objective opinion?

Great.

Why, as fans can we not judge this teams strengths and weakness's without having an agenda?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots : I can't believe how many people think BB is inept as a coach . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Me either. Like somehow they would do better than BB!

Having said that, I'm sure BB would agree with me here, it's still a crapshoot! Like Forrest Gump said "It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna' get!". Vernon Gholston? Maroney? Physically had all the tools but, you nevr know. 

That's why BB would never jump up too high in the draft. Too risky. Same with FA's. As the years go by I see BB making moves based on factors no other coaches utilize. I see him drafting and signing players based on how they might be utilized in a Jets running game. Or how certain players would be able to play Buffalo well. That's why we see such depth. He can plug and play according to what teams he faces. He doesn't just sign a Mario Williams because he's a great player. It's "how does he fit?" that means most to BB. 

This year's draft had 2 picks that have the talking heads puzzled. A rugby player? How the heck is this safety? What do they see in him? 

BB sees coachabilty as a huge factor. He's not worried that they may take 2 years to develop. He sees great value in team captains. Shows that his teammates think highly of him and respect him. He seems to like players that have had big injuries and overcome them. Shows their heart and toughness/determination. 

IOW, BB sees the intangibles and values them more than what Mel Kiper thinks. Noting against Mel, I personally have no huge issue with him but, Mel ain't a coach! 

BB is not just a coach. He's the manager. He's the shopper and the chef. He's the teacher. 

Using a word like "inept" in the same sentence as BB is blasphemy IMO. I see BB as more of an old school coach who also can do the new school thing too. He is Tom Landry and Vince Lombardi combined. Yeah, I get excited talking about BB because this year especially, I see more of the big picture with him. The FA's and draftees this year are brilliant under-the-radar moves that have the Patriots ready as perhaps THE team this coming season. There are some "if's" for sure. If Ras-I Dowling plays well and stays healthy. If Vereen and Ridley stay healthy. If the defense stays healthy. If Hightower can bring it right away and if Jones can too? Look out. Don't rule out Jermaine Cunningham either. If he stays healthy and can step it up he can be a force. Just adding Addai is a very smart move. He doesn't need 15 carries a game. He stays healthy and man, I get goosebumps. We are quite the team on paper. Much improved from last year. 

And what was our record last year? Yeah. We are a better team than that. Scary good. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots : Well done Prolate. Anybody who finds fault with our offense thinks BB "is inept as a coach". BUT.. when anybody finds fault with the defense it is an objective opinion? Great. Why, as fans can we not judge this teams strengths and weakness's without having an agenda?
    Posted by TrueChamp

He starts to make statements in a passive-aggressive way like that when he's lost.  That's his way of capitulating, but not really doing so. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots : Well done Prolate. Anybody who finds fault with our offense thinks BB "is inept as a coach". BUT.. when anybody finds fault with the defense it is an objective opinion? Great. Why, as fans can we not judge this teams strengths and weakness's without having an agenda?
    Posted by TrueChamp

I think if you find fault with the play calling, you're finding fault with the coaching.  I don't see how you can have it any other way.  

My gripe about the defense has nothing to do with play calling (which I think is very, very good).  It's about the talent level of the players we have had there in recent years. Winning every year (because of great coaching and great play calling on both offense and defense) has its downside: you get lousy draft picks and that makes it hard to build a team with the quality you need to win.  Fortunately, our coach makes good calls on both offense and defense, which allows us to be very competitive even with spotty talent at some positions. 

Sections
Shortcuts