Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots

(Indy Star)

Peyton manning breaks news. Says Joe Addai signing with Patriots. Great, great fit for Joe

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots

Addai deal potentially good news for S. Ridley's chances of securing primary early-down job. Addai lone strength is blitz pickup at this pt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Great veteran leadership.... Hope he can overcome the injury bug... Great out of the backfield. So long kevin...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Addai looked like he was going to be very good when he came out, he's shifty. He has had some injuries though which have slowed him down since 07. The Addai of 07 would be a huge pickup but we don't know which one we have here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Low risk! Worth giving him a try.  Picks up the blitz very well, which is good for a "typically" pass happy team.

http://addai.net/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This is exactly the kind of signing I expected . . . a veteran to back up the young guys.  Addai is a decent choice, I think.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think he could be good to have a veteran RB for this young backfield.  who knows we could get the good addai!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I've been wanting this to happen for awhile now. Addai is a tough runner and he'll be a great asset to have. The RBBC will be a good one this year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss' write up...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

2 Ex Colts, errrr.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]2 Ex Colts, errrr.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

But this one's a running back Champ!  You should be elated!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. I doubt Gonzalez makes it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Fresh starts usually bring out the best in a guy, assuming there's anything left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I wish Rapoport was still with the Boston Herald...Hopefully Addai has something left in the tank

Thought Joseph Addai was done after last year. My guess is he still is. But  system could make him productive, catching the ball

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I like it. He's a little older than I'd prefer, but with all the RB's the Pats have, he'll fit in ok and not be overworked. The only thing that worries me is that none of them are proven game breakers YET. Addai was, but is older now, and the others like Vareen and Ridley may end up being great, but are young and unknown quantities as yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There's your veteran running back. Nice signing if he can stay healthy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Let's not forget Danny woodhead no slouch. Hopefully between Addai Vereen Ridley and woody one of them has a break out season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

let's hope the o is not about the finesse passing type

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Looked good as a younger player, certainly get the sense injuries have slowed him.  Oh well hopefully this will quell the people whining for a stud running back to eat up cap space, Ridley will be just fine with the supporting cast.  Running to win is playing to lose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

@ Seattle and Pro,

We signed Addai for 1 reason, to pick up the blitz as we go pass heavy and teach Ridley to pick up the blitz after Addai goes down with injury in week 5.

I just hope they're both good at it. Brady is 35.

You never know though maybe this is the year we pass our way to a SB?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Now sign Bell and another CB please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Great veteran leadership.... Hope he can overcome the injury bug... Great out of the backfield. So long kevin...
    Posted by Seastixholdersince1971[/QUOTE]is addai better than faulk? also, does he even play special teams?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I wonder if this means that Faulk is done here....I hope he will retire as a member of the Patriots....He will be apart of the Patriots HOF

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]@ Seattle and Pro, We signed Addai for 1 reason, to pick up the blitz as we go pass heavy and teach Ridley to pick up the blitz after Addai goes down with injury in week 5. I just hope they're both good at it. Brady is 35. You never know though maybe this is the year we pass our way to a SB?

He's a good all-round back . . . or at least he was when he was younger.  BB is looking for a do-all veteran to back up the Ridley/Vereen/Woodhead trio in both the running and passing game.  He's a much more versatile player than BJGE and, while on the downside of is career, is probably more effective than Faulk is now, particularly in the running game.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I wanted/preferred Ryan Grant, but I like this move.  I sure hope he can stay on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts