Josh Boyle's time to shine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Josh Boyle's time to shine?

When Bb let Leon go it said that Boyce had passed him

the pats have 14 rookies on the team, Bb has to work them in as they progress. a lot of fans here try to evaluate too much on thin number of plays or just number of receptions. Everyone was on Dobson, now everone is saying good things. Boyce will play when Bb sees the right time. Again if the pats score 30 plus they are doing the job, If TB has 25-39 completions who cares who gets how many. Dobson can block well and that is an important part of the passing game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

between now and the end of regular season, give more play time to Thompkins and Collins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont see what the fascination is with his speed even to the point of talking a trade for a 4th.?! When you find a rookie wr who can fit into and grasp the system that is making plays, you dont trade that away. We need allthe outside threads we can get. Its just like 2003 when we had a bunch of diff guys contributed. Its harder for defense to defend.

I thought Boyce had the longest learning curve based on the style of offense he played in college. Just because he is faster does not mean he is a better WR than either kT or DB. The Proof is there that both guys have done a better job up to now. If we are scoring enough to win, I dont see why you all NEED to see him other than just wanting to see a favorite  but if he isnt ready, so be it, he is not needed that I see right now. BB is not gonna use more than one rookie on the field at once going forward unless he has to. Def. not in the playoffs so I dont know why folks think they are gonna start prepping him for prime time at seasons end. AD and KT will hopfefully play roles down the stretch as they have been out there but other than kickoffs I dont think you see him too much in important games. He is gonna be good next year if he keeps improving

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I simply feel Boyce has so much more upside than Thompkins, at some point BB needs to start working him into the mix. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Thompkins has better hands then Boyce. He's also made a couple clutch catches. I'd hope they both can be on the field but at this point I'd take Thompkins.  

[/QUOTE]

Thompkins has 7 drops, his hands aere the definition of the term "sus".

[/QUOTE]

Until Boyce is on the field and KT is not, you kind of look like a loser rooting against him. are you a pats fan or a Boyce fan?  Youve been dogging him all year. He is doing quite well for a undrafted guy who of course had drops like dobson did and still does but you dont dog him? I dont get it man. Let the kid play. He has played a few games without a drop so he is improving

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Bb let Leon go it said that Boyce had passed him

the pats have 14 rookies on the team, Bb has to work them in as they progress. a lot of fans here try to evaluate too much on thin number of plays or just number of receptions. Everyone was on Dobson, now everone is saying good things. Boyce will play when Bb sees the right time. Again if the pats score 30 plus they are doing the job, If TB has 25-39 completions who cares who gets how many. Dobson can block well and that is an important part of the passing game

[/QUOTE]

According to bustchise/meadowland mike, having that many rookies means you should suck.

[/QUOTE]

When one of your rookies is a bust named Geno , it apparently does

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I simply feel Boyce has so much more upside than Thompkins, at some point BB needs to start working him into the mix. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Thompkins has better hands then Boyce. He's also made a couple clutch catches. I'd hope they both can be on the field but at this point I'd take Thompkins.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Until Boyce is on the field and KT is not, you kind of look like a loser rooting against him. are you a pats fan or a Boyce fan?  Youve been dogging him all year. He is doing quite well for a undrafted guy who of course had drops like dobson did and still does but you dont dog him? I dont get it man. Let the kid play. He has played a few games without a drop so he is improving

[/QUOTE]

Both, Josh is a Patriot after all. But im not ever going to like Kenbrell, especially with a name like Kembrell. He's the Kyle Arrington of the offense to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you mean Susan Boyle?

Just playing!!

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Jack Black with a wig.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd love Thompkins to keep raising his trade value and profile around the league.

Maybe the team can get a 4th/5th rd pick for him.

Sign Emmanual Sanders and let Boyce take his time developing into a player who most still feel has a MUCH higher ceiling than Thompkins.

[/QUOTE]

After watching Sanders last night, I'm kinda glad we didn't have to spend the 5 mil on him. He just dropped the steelers season. Good speed and talent  but drops balls and idk bout his IQ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both, Josh is a Patriot after all. But im not ever going to like Kenbrell, especially with a name like Kembrell. He's the Kyle Arrington of the offense to me.

[/QUOTE]

So because you don't like his first name you will never like him and he sucks?  Well there's reasoning. This kid has something to play for UDFA with a troubled past. He has his shot right now and he's making the best of it. Where's Boyce been? Riding the pine? Injured?  I guess I'm a Tompkins fan, stone hands and all. Rob Ryan's face in NO says it all for me.  And the fact Brady would throw him the ball on the line says more. When were his drops in the beginning or the season I thing but I've been wrong before. Good thing Boyce never dropped a ball so when he comes off the bench he will be ready. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well dobson is ruled out.  Now what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to GboroYankee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't be that good if he is not playing. I am guessing bb is a good judge of tallent and would not leave ol whats his name on the bench if he could have made the difference in a game.... but hey, that is just me.

[/QUOTE]

Things change during the course of a season. KT was getting more snaps than Dobson early in the season but eventually Dobson moved ahead of him on the depth chart.

BB used Blount for the first nine games as his kick off returner. Apparently after the 9th game, the coach didn't like the cumulative results and had Boyce returning kicks against Carolina and DMC returning kicks against Denver.

McCourty looks timid returning kicks (also factor in the possibility of injury). I would like to see Boyce get another shot as a KR.

Maybe give JB a few reps as the X receiver. If he hasn't mastered the offense yet, run an end around or throw him a screen pass or two.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think we'll see some Taylor Price. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

Well dobson is ruled out.  Now what?

[/QUOTE]

I would figure that Boyce will be active and the rest is in the coach's hands as far as playing time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is he still in the league?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's on his second straight IR season in JAX. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's on his second straight IR season in JAX. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think we all suffer from a Rookie Curiosity Syndrome. Although this is not an official DSM diagnosis, it should be considered such because for some of us our obseession is malignant. LOL!

All fans, of all teams, in all sports fantasize and hope their rookies will be the answer to problems or elevate the team to greatness. This is especially prevalent with rookie QB's on teams where the starter is having problems. I do not know how to explain this widespread phenomena where we want people to play before the coach thinks they're ready or where we hope they are the answer to all our problems? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

isn't it basically a depth issue...?

With Gronk and Vereen back in the passing game, how many receivers do you need...?  Esp with Slater also back.    edel,da,KT, slater.    KR is overrated since you have 80% touchbacks now.  

If he could take Amendolas role , you could jettison that contract but until that happens, he's just too far down the priorty list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

isn't it basically a depth issue...?

With Gronk and Vereen back in the passing game, how many receivers do you need...?  Esp with Slater also back.    edel,da,KT, slater.    KR is overrated since you have 80% touchbacks now.  

If he could take Amendolas role , you could jettison that contract but until that happens, he's just too far down the priorty list.

It might be a depth issue (at least partially). Although Boyce can line out outside, I think BB would prefer him in the slot. In that case, he is our 3rd slot receiver, and he is not really needed when both Amendola and Edelman are healthy.

It might also be a skill/work issue, but we don't know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

With Amendola, Edelman, Gronk and Vereen all able to play I don't think there's any pressing need to get Boyce on the field in a receiver capacity but I would like to see him return a kick.

Blount isn't scaring any teams back there and McCourty, as some else noted before me, looks a little timid.  Not sure I like risking him getting injured on a KR anyway.

I'm sure Boyce contributes on the practice field helping the team prepare for an upcoming opponent.  

KT already has more game experience and more of a rapport with TB so logically he would be the next man up to replace Dobson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we all suffer from a Rookie Curiosity Syndrome. Although this is not an official DSM diagnosis, it should be considered such because for some of us our obseession is malignant. LOL!

All fans, of all teams, in all sports fantasize and hope their rookies will be the answer to problems or elevate the team to greatness. This is especially prevalent with rookie QB's on teams where the starter is having problems. I do not know how to explain this widespread phenomena where we want people to play before the coach thinks they're ready or where we hope they are the answer to all our problems? 

[/QUOTE]

Well said doctor. Most low round draft picks or UDFA's are selling insurance, working in business, etc. or looking for work a few months after being drafted / signed by NFL teams.

I suffer a bit from the RCS because my memory won't let me forget that Brady was a 6th round pick or Edelman was an UDFA to name a couple (and there have been hundreds more in NFL history who have gone from obscurity to either an elite level or solid starters).

I'm hoping Boyce at least gets to return a kick or two and hope he finds a seam in the coverage. He's got the wheels to exploit that where as Blount / DMC not so much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

49 has been infatuated with Boyce since training camp. God only knows why. He even compared him to Victor Cruz. That said, hopefully he steps up and provides something this season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So because you don't like his first name you will never like him and he sucks?  Well there's reasoning. This kid has something to play for UDFA with a troubled past. He has his shot right now and he's making the best of it. Where's Boyce been? Riding the pine? Injured?  I guess I'm a Tompkins fan, stone hands and all. Rob Ryan's face in NO says it all for me.  And the fact Brady would throw him the ball on the line says more. When were his drops in the beginning or the season I thing but I've been wrong before. Good thing Boyce never dropped a ball so when he comes off the bench he will be ready. 

[/QUOTE]

No, no, no, no, his first name ADDs to the reason why i don't like him, but I don't like him for football related reasons more. Like Brandon Lloyd, this guy just doesn't have the speed to stretch the field to create any real momentum. That makes him a short yardage WR, right, but the clown can't get YAC to save his life.

He makes a catch five yards from the line, falls down, play over. Compared to 4.3 Boyce and 6'3 Dobson with good deep seperation speed, Thompkins has 0 appeal.