Josh Boyle's time to shine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Josh Boyle's time to shine?

Dobson had an undisclosed injury in the second half, Collie gone, time to unleash JB82?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Josh Boyle's time to shine?

who is josh Boyle 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

hahahahahaha

BOYCE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

haha love it when a fan cant remember the players names! But in his rush to start a thread dont even take time to google it! lol (just messing with ya 49er!!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

obviously auto-correct refused to use Boyce, I dont think there is a bigger Boyce and Dobson fan on these boards. I know how to spell his name, now someone answer the question. -_-...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Did you mean Susan Boyle?

Just playing!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Not sure Boyce will be active against the Texans. 

He seems to be the rookie struggling the most to get onto the field other than of course Beuaharnis. Surprised by this, as I thought Boyce speed would warrant trying to get he ball in his hands a couple of times per game. Even a pooch screen this guy can turn into a big play. With Washington no longer on the team, I believe the fastest player on the team is either Boyce or Slater

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'd really like to see Boyce make the field on Sunday.  No doubt the guy's got the speed and with Dobson dealing with that foot issue, why not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

49Patriots (and Rkarp) I am with you guys. I am anxious to see Boyce and his speed get unleashed. I keep thinking of his one catch this year which was a quick cross thrown at his ankles, but he showed great hands, caught it in stride and turned a 4 yard gain into 24 yards. I really hope we see a little bit more of him. Hate to think he is Taylor Price 2.0

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

No its Thompkins time to shine. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The single most surprising thing I've seen out of the team this year is Boyce's disappearing act. Got to see him in camp this summer...I thought he beat single coverage better than anyone out on that field...they were lining him up all over the place and he looked quicker/faster than anyone (Edelman was a close second in quickness and Dobson was second in deep speed). Thompkins really stood out too.

I know the Patriots aren't afraid to bring rookies along slowly if they have to, but something smells funny with this one...I wonder if he's got some work habit issues? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The heading really says it all . . . we can't even remember his name!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

They did have him in as a kick returner against Carolina but didn't get a chance to take one out.   Then he was inactive the next game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Chad Jackson II

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Maybe he murdered a couple of guys?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

The single most surprising thing I've seen out of the team this year is Boyce's disappearing act. Got to see him in camp this summer...I thought he beat single coverage better than anyone out on that field...they were lining him up all over the place and he looked quicker/faster than anyone (Edelman was a close second in quickness and Dobson was second in deep speed). Thompkins really stood out too.

I know the Patriots aren't afraid to bring rookies along slowly if they have to, but something smells funny with this one...I wonder if he's got some work habit issues? 

I wouldnt worry about him. If you havent noticed, since Gronk and Amendola have returned , they have made a point not to have more than one rookie out there at a time. We saw it earlier cuz they had no choice but most knew it wasnt ideal. If Thompkins is hot, stick with hot hand. I dont have any gripes. I want to win, dont care who is part of it at the moment and going with vets is the best idea imo. I predicted a redshirt season for Boyce so Im not anxious. We are fine

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I simply feel Boyce has so much more upside than Thompkins, at some point BB needs to start working him into the mix. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd love Thompkins to keep raising his trade value and profile around the league.

Maybe the team can get a 4th/5th rd pick for him.

Sign Emmanual Sanders and let Boyce take his time developing into a player who most still feel has a MUCH higher ceiling than Thompkins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I simply feel Boyce has so much more upside than Thompkins, at some point BB needs to start working him into the mix. 

I think Thompkins has better hands then Boyce. He's also made a couple clutch catches. I'd hope they both can be on the field but at this point I'd take Thompkins.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Thompkins sucks, he runs like 2 routes and he does neither very well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Thompkins obviously has much more real game experience and more of a rapport with Brady but I understand how alot of folks want to see what Boyce has or can do either as a kick returner, wideout or both.  He has top notch speed and although not real tall, he's stoutly built.  He was TCU's best reciever last year and their QB su cked.

Right now,  he's just an enigma.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think Thompkins has better hands then Boyce. He's also made a couple clutch catches. I'd hope they both can be on the field but at this point I'd take Thompkins.  

Thompkins has 7 drops, his hands aere the definition of the term "sus".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GboroYankee. Show GboroYankee's posts

Can't be that good if he is not playing. I am guessing bb is a good judge of tallent and would not leave ol whats his name on the bench if he could have made the difference in a game.... but hey, that is just me.

Sections
Shortcuts