JOsh Cant drive the Ferrari. 3rd game in a row he is mismanaging a game to a potential loss.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: JOsh Cant drive the Ferrari. 3rd game in a row he is mismanaging a game to a potential loss.

watching his playcalling all season, and knowing bb.

i think bb seen enough and told him to run it more

he has done so in past with o coordinators

its my extimation.

For some reason I'm having difficulty getting my head around how an offense that puts up 52 points (despite two turnovers and two missed field goals) is being 'mismanaged.'  But perhaps that's just me

Must be cause you don't know Bill very well then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: JOsh Cant drive the Ferrari. 3rd game in a row he is mismanaging a game to a potential loss.

In response to wozzy's comment:

Grind that axe buddy, in the meantime the Pat's are tied at 8th in the NFL in scoring points per game.

Did I say 8th, sorry, I meant to say 1st...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

its my extimation.

For some reason I'm having difficulty getting my head around how an offense that puts up 52 points (despite two turnovers and two missed field goals) is being 'mismanaged.'  But perhaps that's just me

I know you are not, but you sound new to the forum with this comment Phil.

This offense has been #1 in the NFL over the last five years and people on this forum do nothing but bash them. It's like, "Welcome to Boston.com."

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey Rex - honestly I want to know, what do you think of the Jets O and how you do honestly think they will do against Hou next week?

because if the answer to both is that you're concerned by the O having no running game and a QB who couldn't even get a QB rating higher then a HS QB and that Hou looks like they might steamroll the Jets much like SF did then you might want to lay low until your team even looks like the 2nd best team in the division because after last week even Buf looks better then you

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is still my favorite thread from yesterday. Thank you Bredbro. A perfect display of instant karma.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

its my extimation.

This offense has been #1 in the NFL over the last five years and people on this forum do nothing but bash them. It's like, "Welcome to Boston.com."

context is everything z,

one of the most potent offenses in the league is mismanaged for 2.5 games, then it turns around when josh pulls his head out of you know where, likely due to some orders from bb, and the comment is, im bashing the offense. context is everything. 

the thread was started in at 21-7 after 2 and a half games of poor o.c.ing.  if you didnt know that, then maybe your comments make sense. now that you do, i dont think it takes a genius to  see what i was taling about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I didn't claim to know BB. I don't think anyone else here can claim to know BB and use that as an argument. What this all boils down to is that we didnt draft Jenkins. Pure McCourty hate. I personally thought Brady looked as good as I've ever seen him. You add in the drops and he could have easily had 450 yards passing.

Personally I'm glad Josh is back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

The first place Jets losing to one of the top 3 teams in the NFL only to remain in first place? Those Jets?  How about them?  

This is what Belichick will be saying after the Patriots' next game against the Jets: "100 points against a socalled NFL team.  Suck my d---."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

context is everything z,

one of the most potent offenses in the league is mismanaged for 2.5 games, then it turns around when josh pulls his head out of you know where, likely due to some orders from bb, and the comment is, im bashing the offense. context is everything. 

the thread was started in at 21-7 after 2 and a half games of poor o.c.ing.  if you didnt know that, then maybe your comments make sense. now that you do, i dont think it takes a genius to  see what i was taling about.

It's still a moronic thread.  The Pats had only put up 7 points due to 2 missed field goals and 2 fumbles from a couple of their most reliable receivers.  This had nothing to do with play-calling.  The essence of coaching is putting your players in a position to succeed.  Through the first 35 minutes, the coaching staff did that, and it was the players that let them down.  They had 235 yards of offense to that point, and only 1 (ONE) 3-and-out.

The play-calling was fine, you clearly know nothing about the game.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

he can pull a loss from a win with skill.

there is no reason why bb cant bring himself to work with top coaches from around the league at every position (but especially o.c.)

that would have made a legacy unable to be beaten (past and future)

Any revision of this prepared?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

The offense has stunk against good Ds. It blows out bad ones. There's a difference.

Are you talking about last year or this year?  Arizona has a good defense, after all, and our offense could barely score against them until it went spread in the fourth quarter.  The Bills and Titans aren't exactly the best defenses in the league this year I don't think (at least from what we've seen so far).  Baltimore is good--but we scored thirty points using a formula similar to last year's, with heavy use of spread formations.  So I'm not quite sure what your point is.

I like what the Pats are doing this year and I think they've upgraded the offensive talent with Lloyd, Fells, and a more experienced Ridley (plus Bolden and probably Vereen).  Still, their offensive production isn't much different from last year's--129 points through four games this year versus 121 points through four games last year.  Take out the top scoring games each year in those first four games (the 52 point Buffalo game this year and the 38 point Miami game last year), and last year's offense was ahead 83 points to 77 points.   The team's record was also better last year 3-1 versus 2-2.  So while there's a lot of reasons to be excited about where the Pats offense is headed, it's premature to jump to too many conclusions.  

The Bills game was quite encouraging, but not many teams are going to play nickel against us all game either.  That may have worked last year, but with the Pats' upgraded backfield and two powerful TEs, it's not going to be effective unless your extra DBs are unusually good run defenders or your D line can stop the run without a lot of help from your LBs.  More likely, the teams that will give the Pats more trouble are those whose LBs are better in pass coverage or who have D lines that are excellent against the run.  

It's worth pointing out that the two-receiver, two TE, one back set caused a lot of problems for the Bills, because they felt they needed to stay with a nickel defense to handle Lloyd, Welker, and Gronk (all with some speed downfield), but then got just absolutely destroyed on running plays when the two TEs mostly stayed in to block, giving us seven big run blockers.  The reason the holes were so big is because of that mismatch of seven big offensive blockers against a smallish, pass-rushing D line and nickel defenders. Ridley has the shiftiness and power to get yards without big holes.  I'm not quite so sure about Bolden yet.  But regardless of the backs' abilities to create yardage on their own, the blocking mismatches really allowed the kind of run game we saw. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I think BB and TB threw Josh's playbook in the garbage at half time.  Only way to explain that explosion for the ages. 

It felt like the whole O had shackles removed and let loose per BB's/TB's directives.

yep, 

not many who write here could see it (of posters who have commented), but many elsewhere could.

2 and a half games of poor design and calling.

when they dumped that crap,the offense began moving (i suspect bb had enough and told josh what to do).

thanks for putting wht you see out there....

the hatred on this board from poster to poster is amazing.

sort of an epitome of this warlike culture we live in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

The offense has stunk against good Ds. It blows out bad ones. There's a difference.

Are you talking about last year or this year?  Arizona has a good defense, after all, and our offense could barely score against them until it went spread in the fourth quarter.  The Bills and Titans aren't exactly the best defenses in the league this year I don't think (at least from what we've seen so far).  Baltimore is good--but we scored thirty points using a formula similar to last year's, with heavy use of spread formations.  So I'm not quite sure what your point is.

I like what the Pats are doing this year and I think they've upgraded the offensive talent with Lloyd, Fells, and a more experienced Ridley (plus Bolden and probably Vereen).  Still, their offensive production isn't much different from last year's--129 points through four games this year versus 121 points through four games last year.  Take out the top scoring games each year in those first four games (the 52 point Buffalo game this year and the 38 point Miami game last year), and last year's offense was ahead 83 points to 77 points.   The team's record was also better last year 3-1 versus 2-2.  So while there's a lot of reasons to be excited about where the Pats offense is headed, it's premature to jump to too many conclusions.  

The Bills game was quite encouraging, but not many teams are going to play nickel against us all game either.  That may have worked last year, but with the Pats' upgraded backfield and two powerful TEs, it's not going to be effective unless your extra DBs are unusually good run defenders or your D line can stop the run without a lot of help from your LBs.  More likely, the teams that will give the Pats more trouble are those whose LBs are better in pass coverage or who have D lines that are excellent against the run.  

It's worth pointing out that the two-receiver, two TE, one back set caused a lot of problems for the Bills, because they felt they needed to stay with a nickel defense to handle Lloyd, Welker, and Gronk (all with some speed downfield), but then got just absolutely destroyed on running plays when the two TEs mostly stayed in to block, giving us seven big run blockers.  The reason the holes were so big is because of that mismatch of seven big offensive blockers against a smallish, pass-rushing D line and nickel defenders. Ridley has the shiftiness and power to get yards without big holes.  I'm not quite so sure about Bolden yet.  But regardless of the backs' abilities to create yardage on their own, the blocking mismatches really allowed the kind of run game we saw. 

the point is until this last half, josh didnt knwo hwo to drive teh ferrari.

a couple of other people here have aslo said it plainly.

it's not about numbe rof points explicitly.

its bad game management. if soemone cannot see it, its impossible to explain.

it would take a course on it to convey to someone who cannot see it.

just a shorthand, maybe you noticed that teh game was called by the pats changed in teh 2nd half. and if it didnt teh game may have been lost.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

This is all BS!!! You can lose more games by players not executing than poor play-calling!!! As was the case in the first half of the Bills game, almost every player who were asked about the difference between the first half and the 2nd said the same thing...Poor Execution!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

This is all BS!!! You can lose more games by players not executing than poor play-calling!!! As was the case in the first half of the Bills game, almost every player who were asked about the difference between the first half and the 2nd said the same thing...Poor Execution!!!

well im not going to disagree with you if you cant see it. we'll just leave it that we see it differently.

however just one thought for you, what player when asked by media is going to say our coaches had a bad game plan, have not good ideas about what to do with out offense, etc/ or other?

Sections
Shortcuts