In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He will be waiting for a better situation.....until BB retires.

[/QUOTE]

Eh?  I don't think that is coming anytime soon.  He already left once so he obviously wants to be HC.  I could see him leaving for a team with a better owner and QB.

[/QUOTE]

I think he knows if he fails his next stop it will be very difficult to get a HC gig, and it would be worth waiting a few years coaching Brady. I hope you are right about BB but if he wins a super bowl this year, or next he has to consider retiring..

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.  I have a feeling that BB plans to stick around coaching long enough to show everyone that the team's success was about him.  Once TB is gone, BB will work to develop the next QB to lead this team to another Super Bowl.  I don't see him leaving before that task is accomplished.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I think too.  Really cement his status as the greatest coach ever without people saying he needed Brady to be a winner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Josh is Staying

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's withdrawn himself from consideration in Cleveland.  Appears to be waiting for a better situation.  I imagine he'll be back next season as I haven't heard him get any consideration for any other jobs.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  Why not continue to work with the best?  BB may retire from coaching and turn that over the McD and continue as a GM.  If McD really likes it here, and the Pats want him and has been whispering in his ear, why should he go anywhere else?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Just curious if this was a move on his part because he wasn't getting an offer from them or if he just wanted out of the running?

Whatever the case is, just glad one less distraction for the team right now.

A lot of outlets were reporting the McD was Cleveland's top choice.  I think he realized that the Browns muddy QB situation and dysfunctional ownership is not a good situation to put his HC reputation on the line for.

Report:  Patriots McDaniels withdrew his name from Browns job because he wasn't their first choice.

According to Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot, McDaniels asked the Browns if he was No. 1 on their list and was told no, citing a source.

If McDaniels opted out after learning that, it’s hard to blame him.  He’s married with four children and uprooting his family to take a position where he wasn’t necessarily their first choice is hard to argue, especially after already having a tough run in his first head coaching tenure in Denver.

Had Cleveland made a full-court press for his services, it’s tough to say how that would have influenced his decision.  Fortunately for now it appears he’ll be remaining in New England, which if nothing else eliminates any further distractions heading into the postseason.

According to Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot, McDaniels asked the Browns if he was No. 1 on their list and was told no, citing a source.

If McDaniels opted out after learning that, it’s hard to blame him.  He’s married with four children and uprooting his family to take a position where he wasn’t necessarily their first choice is hard to argue, especially after already having a tough run in his first head coaching tenure in Denver.

Had Cleveland made a full-court press for his services, it’s tough to say how that would have influenced his decision.  Fortunately for now it appears he’ll be remaining in New England, which if nothing else eliminates any further distractions heading into the postseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eh?  I don't think that is coming anytime soon.  He already left once so he obviously wants to be HC.  I could see him leaving for a team with a better owner and QB.

[/QUOTE]

I think he knows if he fails his next stop it will be very difficult to get a HC gig, and it would be worth waiting a few years coaching Brady. I hope you are right about BB but if he wins a super bowl this year, or next he has to consider retiring..

[/QUOTE]

+1, he can't afford to mess up the next gig and considering the Browns are a horribly run organization that's going no where and just fired a HC after a single year while trading away his RB half way through the season (which might actually pay off) there is no way I would go to the Browns if I was McDaniels. Better left for a better than average college coach trying to break into the league anyway possible then a coach already in the league just looking for a HC position.

Sections
Shortcuts