Josh MacDaniels+ A Prelude of things to come?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

Josh MacDaniels+ A Prelude of things to come?

Is the writing on the wall here? Is this a tale of things to come this football season?Let us Pray!

It would seem Bill B the defensive genius, the Guru of all things defense, the ultimate Head Coach of the NFL, has finally as the Rock would say, HAS COME BACK!
    Flooding the draft picks for New England with high quality defensive players, could we be fianlly seeing that which we have wanted and prayed for the last 5 seasons?
    I would say yes, the defense minded maniac has returned to his former self.

And this being so, we now have Josh Mac, the man that likes to have Mr. Brady use full court press with throwing the football with every down possible to do so.
    Bring in every possibility of WR to training camp,  take off the gloves and let the furious fists fly! 

I say this to you, prepare to see the West Coast offense surpassed, this will be the season of running up the score in every game played.
    Let Mr. MacDaniels and Mr Brady play the offense,
    Let Mr. Belichick play the defense,
    both sides slotted with high quality, high caliber, high yield players that if all goes well will rewrite some of the NFL's records and history books.
    Oh and the ever effervescent special teams that have just joned forces with the might and totally insane War Hammer (Nate Ebner)

I say unto you, bring on the pre season, extra large pizza and wings, with Ice cold beer, and lets us weekend couch gods take festival!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Josh MacDaniels+ A Prelude of things to come?

Stommpper, you just don't get enough credit around here.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gronks Hammer approves your golden war hammer / titans hammer!

I approve this thread but I am pretty sure BB still has a grip on the offense this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It seems to me that BB starts to select the mix of players he will use in the packages he will employ in a playoff run all the way back at the beginning of preseason. He will play those who are ready and give the best chance to win the game at hand but his "playoff run view" seems to be "what players have the mix of skills and can be coached up in time to give us the best chance to win a SB? And how do I get those players prepared to be able to deliver by the time the playoffs start. It is in a way as if the regular season is a preseason for the youngest players so that they are no longer "rookies" come playoff time.

I expect that he wants to have a strategy going in to preseason of how he will be able to best bring Jones and Hightower and Dennard and perhaps Wilson along in order to be able to field a scary D by the end of the regular season.

I don't leave Ebner out altogether or others for that matter but I think the first three and perhaps including Wilson will be key. I also think that Jones and Hightower are the ones he will most focus on to develop packages OVER TIME, perhaps a set progression of packages in which to bring them along, to the point where they are both able to have a real impact on the quality of the D come January.

The implication is that statistically the D may not be as good over the course of the first 12 games or so as the D should be come playoff time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

This team has retooled on O and D, and it only means that good things will come. The Patriots will not lose this season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

I like what I've seen on paper so far but I still want a seasoned running back like Grant who can run between the tackles, to the outside, block and catch passes. You would have a hard time stopping this offense if this happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

19-0 
    600+ points this season
    Brady 54 TD passes
    GRONK 22 TD's
    Vereen + Ridley = 2500 yards.
    8th ranked Defense

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Josh MacDaniels+ A Prelude of things to come?:
    [QUOTE]19-0  600+ points this season Brady 54 TD passes GRONK 22 TD's Vereen + Ridley = 2500 yards. 8th ranked Defense
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

bit of a day dream, but I only know this because I had the exact same one today.  I want them to go for it too, and they just might

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

LOL...19-0...no way.  Not against the NFC who have a few teams that can actually play defense.  You can't keep hucking the ball around the same way you've been doing and expect a different outcome.

Brady and Co aren't sneaking up on anyone this time around...and we don't have an energized Moss out there. (I don't think we need one btw)

I think the entire team needs to start playing some smart, situational, tough football...not the opposite that they have been in the last few years in crunch time.

I'm hoping the defense picks up and shows better for itself.  They have a great mix of hungry veterans and younger players...they just need to execute.  It should be a great season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wy is 19-0 a stretch?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Wy is 19-0 a stretch?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Week 14 and 15 comes to mind. 2 away games at Houston and SF. Great defense's with hard nose running offense's. But at the same time with the rest of our schedule I will say 19-0 is a possibility, although I'll take 15-1 and a SB victory

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsDK. Show PatsDK's posts

49'er and Texans are at home and they don't like playing in cold weather.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

ck your schedule buddy the texans and niners play at Gillette and they are NOT impossible to beat.  Pats win those games at home. Have some faith in your team man. If you are a pats fan act like it. Go NE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

GO47 Looks like you got what you wished for.........J. Addai

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh MacDaniels+ A Prelude of things to come? :
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

you are a knucklehead

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh MacDaniels+ A Prelude of things to come? : that's a "bit" of a daydream?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

they play the NFC West this year, so they really only play the 49ers

and they play the AFC South this year, so they really only play the Texans

Tough games: 2 against the Jets, the Texans, the 49ers, the Steelers, and the Ravens...

I'd think more of the Bills games if they didn't have Fitzpatrick at quarterback and if they had more than one receiver, and if they had a true threat at tight end, and if they had better safeties, and if they had more than Barnett at linebacker, and if half of their corners weren't rookies

And the Jets could implode just as easily as they could excel.  I like the Stephen Hill pickup, but if Sanchez doesn't finally break 60% completion percentage and stay below 20 turnovers, there will be a serious rift in their locker room because of Tebow (not to mention the media firestorm)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Wy is 19-0 a stretch?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

that's what people here also said last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

kill the head and the body will die... 

tb is the head that everyone is targeting now. right now the only way that the team is protecting him now is with the oline. over the course of the season, teams figure out how to get to him. they need to protect him the other ay too - give the d something else to worry about - the running game.

that said, it will take more than a few token run attempts to take opponents' focus away from the head.