Josh McD to the Browns possible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Josh McD to the Browns possible?

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 25m

And if Browns were to make a change, Penn State's Bill O'Brien and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would likely top the list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Josh McD to the Browns possible?

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And if Browns were to make a change, Penn State's Bill O'Brien and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would likely top the list.

[/QUOTE]

Browns just hired their coach no? Plus they hired norv turner to run the offense who is surely a brilliant offensive mind. I don't see the need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

What is the rule about a draft pick when a coach moves to another team?   I know this would technically be a promotion for Josh, but he was a HC before.  Does that come into play?

I'd like to see the wording of the rule.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

An opportunity for a new OC, thank you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Browns just hired their coach no? Plus they hired norv turner to run the offense who is surely a brilliant offensive mind. I don't see the need.

[/QUOTE]

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 43m

Problems I've heard the Browns front office has with Chud: Players not being held accountable, and a lack of decisiveness in big moments.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 44m

That's building off the report from @mortreport. Sounds like Browns' FO had been inclined to give Chud another year, but that could change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Bill O'Brien coaching the Texans is supposedly already a done deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Bill O'Brien coaching the Texans is supposedly already a done deal.

Not yet, O'Brien just hired a new agent, this might take some time now.

and..

For the Texans, O’Brien’s ability to work and play well with others becomes particularly important to G.M. Rick Smith, who’ll have to work with the new coach.  Smith could prefer someone like Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt or the more laid-back styles of Lovie Smith and Wade Phillips over the one guy who once got in the face of Tom Brady.

Adding in a buyout clause that puts the price of pilfering O’Brien near $7 million, and all this talk of O’Brien being the clubhouse leader in Houston could be aimed at ensuring that he’ll eventually win the tournament elsewhere.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/29/obrien-looks-for-nfl-gig-with-new-agent/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah, Lombardi probably wants someone familiar with BBs system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Pats could name TB a player-coach (OC)!   That would lightup this board like a Christmas tree. Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This story is getting some legs..

shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 2m

CLE could be parting ways w Chudzinski after just one yr - not leader they'd hoped...GM Lombardi would have eye on NE's McDaniels as new HC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m

On #Browns: Dissatisfaction with Rob Chudzinski from up high is real, from what I hear. Effort issues, accountability issues. One to watch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Maybe they should look into the QB and RB roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

What has McDaniels really done to earn another HC job. He really bungled that last one badly. He may be another Norv Turner, great coordinator lousy head coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What has McDaniels really done to earn another HC job. He really bungled that last one badly. He may be another Norv Turner, great coordinator lousy head coach.

[/QUOTE]

Michael Lombardi is the GM.  He is a BB guy, and he likes players/coaches who come out of BB's organization.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Michael Lombardi is the GM.  He is a BB guy, and he likes players/coaches who come out of BB's organization.

[/QUOTE]

That logic will destroy a franchise though. Jimmy Johnson was a great head coach. Turner and Wannstedt were er great coordinators who left franchises worse off then when they inherited them. Pioli fell for that nonsense in KC. Crennel snd Weis haven't done much without Belichick and Brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ain't happening...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didnt mcdaniels draft all the guys peyton is throwing too? Didn't he also acquire 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and a 3rd round pick to ship cutler( who sucks) and Marshall who was a head case at the time.

Didn't he also coordinate the 2007 patriot offense which broke most of the records, not too mention the amazing jobs he did with a truly talentless 2006 offense( would have been a super bowl win if our defense and the refs hadnt jobbed us in the afc chsmpionship game) and transforming matt cassel Into a nfl qb who went 11-5 and broke the all time patriot record with back to back 400 yard games.

Josh Mcdaniels is a good coach and a great young offensive mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

McDaniels should stay in New England. I think he takes over for Belichick when BB is done.

O'Brien should go for the Detroit job. Much better foundation there then in Houston, already have a top QB with a  top WR and some good pieces on defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didnt mcdaniels draft all the guys peyton is throwing too? Didn't he also acquire 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and a 3rd round pick to ship cutler( who sucks) and Marshall who was a head case at the time.

Didn't he also coordinate the 2007 patriot offense which broke most of the records, not too mention the amazing jobs he did with a truly talentless 2006 offense( would have been a super bowl win if our defense and the refs hadnt jobbed us in the afc chsmpionship game) and transforming matt cassel Into a nfl qb who went 11-5 and broke the all time patriot record with back to back 400 yard games.

[/QUOTE]

I said he was a great coordinator but I stand by my "lousy head coach". He has a 39% winning percentage. He did not inherit a basement dweller. I don't care how many draft choices he accumulated. If you are saying he is a great GM I would point out the Tebow draft as a fiasco (though I like Tebow the person a lot). Head coaches need to win. Arguing that his team is winning now with "his" players means John Fox is a good coach, not McDaniels. Fine coordinator and lousy head coach. Hopefully if he becomes the Pats coach when Belichick retires he does a better job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Pats could name TB a player-coach (OC)!   That would lightup this board like a Christmas tree. Laughing

[/QUOTE]

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

the one guy who once got in the face of Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Brady should have laid that ungrateful twerp out.

No appreciation. Brady makes these loser nobodys into somebody, and they bite the hand that made them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I said he was a great coordinator but I stand by my "lousy head coach". He has a 39% winning percentage. He did not inherit a basement dweller. I don't care how many draft choices he accumulated. If you are saying he is a great GM I would point out the Tebow draft as a fiasco (though I like Tebow the person a lot). Head coaches need to win. Arguing that his team is winning now with "his" players means John Fox is a good coach, not McDaniels. Fine coordinator and lousy head coach. Hopefully if he becomes the Pats coach when Belichick retires he does a better job.

[/QUOTE]

Shows what you know about the situation Josh took over in Denver. The owner decided to go in a different direction when he hired Josh and signed up for a total rebuild. You should really read up on this stuff before you pontificate about something. 

Josh got run out of Denver for the same reasons BB got run out of Cleveland. They both made a lot of good descisions that were very unpopular with the fan base and the owner caved in to the fans.

You talk about the Tebow fiasco, but the funny thing is, Tebow has still won more playoff games for Denver than Manning has and it wouldn't surprise me much if that is still the case next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

TB12 Coach Chudzinski was canned immediately after todays game, so yes both O'Brien and McD are in play, especially since their GM Mike Lombardi is a strong BB supporter. Be interesting to see what happens!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Maybe mcd will take the browns job and we can finally make Russ dream come true by trading mallett for a high first round pick. The warnings were out folks, mallett and mcd was planned all along. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shows what you know about the situation Josh took over in Denver. The owner decided to go in a different direction when he hired Josh and signed up for a total rebuild. You should really read up on this stuff before you pontificate about something. 

Josh got run out of Denver for the same reasons BB got run out of Cleveland. They both made a lot of good descisions that were very unpopular with the fan base and the owner caved in to the fans.

You talk about the Tebow fiasco, but the funny thing is, Tebow has still won more playoff games for Denver than Manning has and it wouldn't surprise me much if that is still the case next year.

[/QUOTE]

I repeat, a 39% winning percentage and he got caught in a second spy gate and lied about it. I love him as a coordinator but he was terrible as a head coach there. Tebow won after he left. Fox coached that team. McDaniels was stinking up in St Loius when that happened. The Broncos were 8-8 the season before McDaniels arrived. Shanahan was fired because of his refusal to fire his defensive coordinator not because of his offense which was one of the best in the league.

Since his draft record is being touted as great I decided to look it up. In 2009 he had 5 picks in the first 2 rounds they are playing 2 of these guys now. One of whom is very good (Moreno) and the other one who apparently is a back up who has only started 3 games in the past 2 years and since I don't follow the Broncos I have no idea how good the player is (Ayers). The other 3 are off the team. In 2010 he had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and did good on 3 (Thomas, Decker,and Beadles). A better draft haul than Belichick has had for a while. I don't rate the Tebow pick as good. I like Tebow but using a first round pick on a qb who can't pass is not a wise use of resources. So is he really the reason the Broncos are winning now or is it quite frankly Peyton Manning making good players looking great like he has always done. Thomas was an average player at best before Manning arrived. So McDaniels had great talent but his team stunk before Fox arrived and I am supposed to believe he is a better coach than Fox. Like I said a 39% winning percentage on a team that was loaded on offense apparently.

Sections
Shortcuts