Josh McDanels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Josh McDanels

There are a lot of areas we can look at as what needs to get better like the offensive line. For me, the pressure is on 200% on Josh McDaniels. A lot of fans thought it would be a smooth transition when Josh was the offensive coordinator, but I took the wait-and-see approach because it could very well not work. Watching that game against a stout Cardinals defense, the play-calling was without a doubt pitiful to watch because the offense was uncertain of what to run. Tonight at 8:20 is a defining game as far as the early part of the season is concerned and while the pressure is on the players to perform better, i'm putting all the heat and pressure is on Josh McDaniels because if this offense fails with the questions they have with the offensive line and Wes getting less snaps, the pressure will get bigger with every game.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Josh McDanels

I agree with Del, it's a long season, not time to panic. It's only week 3 of 17 of a fairly easy schedule. The offense is going to be a work in progress but they'll get there.

Let's look at the positives like the improving defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Arizona's D is very, very good. They will continue to prove that, as they have for the past 9 games now. Eventually, more people will take notice and start giving them some credit. They have maybe the best DLineman combo in football right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I would say that the real transition here is not O'Brien to McDaniels but the change from an all out Run and shoot or west coast offense to a more conventional and balanced offense with a dedication to running the ball. I'm happy with it and I don't care at all that we lost to Arizona. They need to be this type of an offense if they want to win a Superbowl.

I have no problem with McDaniels.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We've been hearing all offseason from a few posters that running the ball is what's important. As long as Josh runs more we're okay. Points and wins don't really count. All that matters in the NFL is run attempts. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

We've been hearing all offseason from a few posters that running the ball is what's important. As long as Josh runs more we're okay. Points and wins don't really count. All that matters in the NFL is run attempts.

Lol, pro you are 2 posts away from the 5000 milepost. Make 'em good!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I hope we start seeing the Josh McD from 2007 and not from 2011 Rams.  Last Weekend it looked like 2011 Rams.  Better have a much better game plan today and have a plan B should plan A not work.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lol, pro you are 2 posts away from the 5000 milepost. Make 'em good!

[/QUOTE]

I hadn't noticed, Digger. But thanks for tipping me off. I'm just trying to fathom the advice above about not abandoning the run when you're down 20-9 with seven minutes left in the game.

It's amazing that the Pats pay millions to guys like Belichick and McDaniels when they could get such great coaching insight right here for free!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think I'll give McD a pass from last week; since his original offensive game plan ended up in the toilet when hernandez went down.

Like others have said, it's going to take a little while for the team to adapt to a shift in trying to become less predictable on offense; including Brady.

I'm not convinced that McD is an "unpredictable" play caller.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Lol!  Prolate vehemently disagrees with you. He believes in whatever his Madden video game tells him.  If Brady throws for 575 yards on the video game, that's what he hopes for in the real game. bawaahah

[/QUOTE]

This is true in nature. We could score 35-40 points last year against inferior competition but the bottom line is when we have to match up against Playoff caliber defenses such as the Ravens or the Giants we get our naddz handed to us on a platter. The reason we lost last week isn't because of the play calling it was about execution or lack there of. Dropping passes, committing penalties and 1 big choke by our FG Kicker. Arizona's defense is good and we ran the ball with considerable succes. A blocked punt that setup a gimme TD is not the result of bad play calling. We just looked like junk last wee when it came to doing our job. I expect Scarnechia to get this O-Line up to snuff by mid season and I don't think this will be a topic for conversation after that.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Points and wins didn't seem to matter in defense of last year's defense did it, would you call that a double standard?

Nobody said "all that matter is rush attempts."  Being a well balanced team is what was called for and the prayer answered. I would rather lose initially with this philosophy than assuredly losing another Playoff game with the old one.

Sections
Shortcuts