Josh McDaniels could be closing in on his second chance as a head coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Josh McDaniels could be closing in on his second chance as a head coach

Uh-oh

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/josh-mcdaniels-could-be-closing-in-on-his-second-chance-as-a-head-coach/

If so, maybe TB could be the first ever on field playing OC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Josh McDaniels could be closing in on his second chance as a head coach

McD learned his lesson...and I've got a feeling that Belichick will be handing him the keys to the kingdom in a few years.  I don't think he'd leave as soon as he came back again...it's way too soon. 

He was persona-non-grata for the last couple years...now only 12 games or whatever into a season he's the hot commodity?  Come on.  I don't think teams are that "A.D.D"...well, other than the Jets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Think he'll pull a mangini on BB, minus the spygate scandal??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I really hope he plays it safe. Just stay here. BB is going to retire in what 5-6 seasons? I don't know. But McD could inherit the earth man. New England Patriots, a great owner, great fanbase, and probably a stash of draft picks to boot, given how BB runs the ship. 

Going somewhere else, again, would be a short term boon, but a long term mistake. 

BB loves this guy's mind, and he has been the architect of two of the top five scoring offenses  (#1 in 2007 and #? in 2012) of all time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really hope he plays it safe. Just stay here. BB is going to retire in what 5-6 seasons? I don't know. But McD could inherit the earth man. New England Patriots, a great owner, great fanbase, and probably a stash of draft picks to boot, given how BB runs the ship. 

Going somewhere else, again, would be a short term boon, but a long term mistake. 

BB loves this guy's mind, and he has been the architect of two of the top five scoring offenses  (#1 in 2007 and #? in 2012) of all time. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Why would Cleveland want him.  You'd think they would know by now that none of the bb disciples can resurrect a bad franchise?  BB, Mangini, Crennel, now McD? Even BB failed in Cleveland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think you'll hear McD's name associated with just about any HC job that comes available, but I believe that he is happy in NE and that he has his sights set on filling the void when BB retires  (hopefully 5-6 more years...).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Josh would be very foolish if he would leave to take a HC job..again.  Clearly he isn't ready, some people are HC material others are OC, DC, asst. coach material and this is where Josh is at right now.  Who knows, maybe some years down the line but clearly he isn't ready just yet.  Stay and learn under the Master would be his best decision. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It matters not if McD stays here or not. The only thing that matters is if they discover a youth serum for Brady in the next 3-4 years. Your pet hamster could OC this team into the top 3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McD learned his lesson...and I've got a feeling that Belichick will be handing him the keys to the kingdom in a few years.  I don't think he'd leave as soon as he came back again...it's way too soon. 

He was persona-non-grata for the last couple years...now only 12 games or whatever into a season he's the hot commodity?  Come on.  I don't think teams are that "A.D.D"...well, other than the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

When BB rides off into the sunset, I hope Kraft brings in Saban

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Saban, the guy goes only for the highest $ like a fly on fresh poop?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

If BB is grooming Josh to take over in a few years, then he should make him DC for the next couple of seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It matters not if McD stays here or not. The only thing that matters is if they discover a youth serum for Brady in the next 3-4 years. Your pet hamster could OC this team into the top 3.

[/QUOTE]

Babe has it right...anyone can parlay this OC gig into a top five offense and subsequently a lot more career opportunities.  Brady makes it happen...what will be interesting is when Brady hangs them up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I doubt it will happen.  I'd be surprised if BB and McD didn't have a gentlemen's agreement about his length of stay before doing just that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why anyone would want to hire this guy as a head coach is beyond me. Does having the best QB in the NFL putting up points for you verify that you're going to be a good head coach? Didn't the league learn the first time around that calling plays for Brady is like playing Madden with an all star team...it means nothing when it comes to actually running/coaching an entire (less talented) team.

Leave it to Cleveland to continue their assault at cornering the stupid market.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I don't want JMcD to be the HC of the Patriots. he had a shot in Denver, and couldn't deliver. He's a Co-ordinator at best,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Josh would be very foolish if he would leave to take a HC job..again.  Clearly he isn't ready, some people are HC material others are OC, DC, asst. coach material and this is where Josh is at right now.  Who knows, maybe some years down the line but clearly he isn't ready just yet.  Stay and learn under the Master would be his best decision. 

[/QUOTE]

And another good post...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't want JMcD to be the HC of the Patriots. he had a shot in Denver, and couldn't deliver. He's a Co-ordinator at best,

[/QUOTE]

yeah, but why do u want saban?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

You cant blame josh if he leaves. To everyone saying he's not ready... I'm sure McDaniels has the pride and self confidence to prove the doubters wrong. If I were McDaniels, I would take an offer, head coaching gigs don't come often. The Pats haven't even guaranteed that he's going to be the coach to take over for BB. It's also in his hometown, which is an added plus. He's a confident man. He's not going to shy away just because he did poorly his first time around.

As for the Browns, this may just add to the failures of this franchise. What coach under the BB tree worked out? Browns should overpay for an extablished coach and build a foundation from there. McDaniels has been a successful coordinator, but a lot of that can be attributed to Brady

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Uh-oh

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/josh-mcdaniels-could-be-closing-in-on-his-second-chance-as-a-head-coach/

If so, maybe TB could be the first ever on field playing OC

[/QUOTE]

he wouldnt be the first qb to call all his own plays

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

josh as head coach. not for me. the krafts would have to be asleep at the wheel if they did that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

which failed. the offense is not dynamic becasue of josh. its dynamic beacuse of all the weapons. 

all josh has to do is not crash it and it will beat most teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Saban, the guy goes only for the highest $ like a fly on fresh pp?

[/QUOTE]

yes saban could do it. but he gets all teh money in the world to do it on the college level, which is much easier. if he was will ing to talk about it i totally would talk with him. but i want a top off coordinator too and ideally a top gm.

Sections
Shortcuts