Josh McDaniels' sinking ship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Josh McDaniels' sinking ship

Josh was talking trash prior to yesterdays game with SD LB's. 
    Read:

McDaniels' trash talk laid to waste

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 12:02 a.m.

Chargers Steve Gregory runs with a fumble he recovered after the ball was stripped from Broncos quarterback Chris Simms in the first quarter. San Diego scored on the drive following the turnover.

Joe Mahoney / San Diego Union-Tribune

Chargers Steve Gregory runs with a fumble he recovered after the ball was stripped from Broncos quarterback Chris Simms in the first quarter. San Diego scored on the drive following the turnover.

Jay Cutler is gone. So maybe Josh McDaniels is the Bronco that San Diego will love to hate now.

The Chargers' locker room was abuzz yesterday, as players were both offended and amused by the Denver Broncos head coach telling the Chargers linebackers before yesterday's game, "We own you."

That, at least, was the version offered by the linebackers, to a man.

McDaniels, who slowed down to talk on his way to his car more than an hour after the game, said the Chargers started the trash talking. He would not elaborate on what he may have said, but neither did he deny he talked back.

"They talked to me first," McDaniels said. "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't (fit) for papers."

The linebackers did not deny one or more among them may have started the dishing, but they thought McDaniels' behavior was beneath a man in his position.

"You gotta like his fire," Stephen Cooper said. "As a head coach I don't think you want to start jawing with players if you're not putting the pads on."

With a laugh, considering the Chargers' 32-3 victory, Cooper added, "Looks like he owned us, but it got repossessed."

A smiling Shawne Merriman said of McDaniels popping off: "It was cute."

Other Chargers said McDaniels directed his barb at Shaun Phillips. A source said it was Phillips who actually began the give and take.

"I'm not surprised," Phillips said of McDaniels talking. "He's a little cocky. ... It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mindset. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0, and now he's looking up at us from second place."  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Josh McDaniels' sinking ship

In Response to Josh McDaniels' sinking ship:
    Josh was talking trash prior to yesterdays game with SD LB's.  Read: McDaniels' trash talk laid to waste By Kevin Acee Monday, November 23, 2009 at 12:02 a.m. Joe Mahoney / San Diego Union-Tribune Chargers Steve Gregory runs with a fumble he recovered after the ball was stripped from Broncos quarterback Chris Simms in the first quarter. San Diego scored on the drive following the turnover. Jay Cutler is gone. So maybe Josh McDaniels is the Bronco that San Diego will love to hate now. The Chargers' locker room was abuzz yesterday, as players were both offended and amused by the Denver Broncos head coach telling the Chargers linebackers before yesterday's game, "We own you." That, at least, was the version offered by the linebackers, to a man. McDaniels, who slowed down to talk on his way to his car more than an hour after the game, said the Chargers started the trash talking. He would not elaborate on what he may have said, but neither did he deny he talked back. "They talked to me first," McDaniels said. "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't (fit) for papers." The linebackers did not deny one or more among them may have started the dishing, but they thought McDaniels' behavior was beneath a man in his position. "You gotta like his fire," Stephen Cooper said. "As a head coach I don't think you want to start jawing with players if you're not putting the pads on." With a laugh, considering the Chargers' 32-3 victory, Cooper added, "Looks like he owned us, but it got repossessed." A smiling Shawne Merriman said of McDaniels popping off: "It was cute." Other Chargers said McDaniels directed his barb at Shaun Phillips. A source said it was Phillips who actually began the give and take. "I'm not surprised," Phillips said of McDaniels talking. "He's a little cocky. ... It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mindset. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0, and now he's looking up at us from second place."  
    Posted by jbolted

Phillips talking about someone being cocky is hillarious. He's been running his mouth since he got into the NFL with no rings to show for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

unfortunately, they will be losing again on turkey day to the giants! will finish 8-8 at best! they have to still play philly and indy too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft picks Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith have yet to do anything.

They traded their first round pick in 2010 for A. Smith. That pick will be mid-first round at best. Oops.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't want to see Josh do bad.  He was a good Patriot.  That said, I was one of the guys thinking he needed to cook in the oven a little longer before becoming a HC.  I viewed him as the second coming of Cam Cameron.  Of course, he made me look like a fool at the start of the season.  I had to eat enough crow to feed an Appalachian Crow-Eating tribe.  There is one thing I did write in the offseason that might save me from total humiliation.  I did write here that teams sometimes rally around a new coach and go out of the gate hot.  I did write here that the true test of MacD will come around mid-season, and after they lose a couple of tough games. Of course, I'd rather be wrong and eat more crow.  Everyone loves a good success story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The Patriots sure could use either McDaniels' or Weis' playcalling...

O'Brien shows flashes of brilliance, but otherwise seems inconsistent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Josh McDaniels' sinking ship:
    Josh was talking trash prior to yesterdays game with SD LB's.  Read: McDaniels' trash talk laid to waste By Kevin Acee Monday, November 23, 2009 at 12:02 a.m. Joe Mahoney / San Diego Union-Tribune Chargers Steve Gregory runs with a fumble he recovered after the ball was stripped from Broncos quarterback Chris Simms in the first quarter. San Diego scored on the drive following the turnover. Jay Cutler is gone. So maybe Josh McDaniels is the Bronco that San Diego will love to hate now. The Chargers' locker room was abuzz yesterday, as players were both offended and amused by the Denver Broncos head coach telling the Chargers linebackers before yesterday's game, "We own you." That, at least, was the version offered by the linebackers, to a man. McDaniels, who slowed down to talk on his way to his car more than an hour after the game, said the Chargers started the trash talking. He would not elaborate on what he may have said, but neither did he deny he talked back. "They talked to me first," McDaniels said. "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't (fit) for papers." The linebackers did not deny one or more among them may have started the dishing, but they thought McDaniels' behavior was beneath a man in his position. "You gotta like his fire," Stephen Cooper said. "As a head coach I don't think you want to start jawing with players if you're not putting the pads on." With a laugh, considering the Chargers' 32-3 victory, Cooper added, "Looks like he owned us, but it got repossessed." A smiling Shawne Merriman said of McDaniels popping off: "It was cute." Other Chargers said McDaniels directed his barb at Shaun Phillips. A source said it was Phillips who actually began the give and take. "I'm not surprised," Phillips said of McDaniels talking. "He's a little cocky. ... It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mindset. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0, and now he's looking up at us from second place."  
    Posted by jbolted

IS it just me?? Bolted why do you post this stuff here? Nothing against you, I do not like your team, they are a bunch of whiners to me. Not an LT or Phillips fan, though Phillips has never sat out a big game the way LT does every year..

Is there not a Bolts site where people give a cra-- about your team.. Again nothing against you but I like McDaniels, he IS and exPat so even if I did not like him I woudl side with him..

Confused by this post, not the meat, just why it is here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

HOW WOULD BELICHICK HAD HANDLED THIS?

Sections
Shortcuts