Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?

In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?:
    Why wouldn't he go to Kansas where he could reunite with Cassel and Orton. Romeo gets the head coaching job, Josh o coordinator and as some in the media have suggested, the HC job in 2/3 years. 
    Posted by NEGAME2

Because coordinating an offense that's run by Tom Brady is a better recipe for future career advancement (i.e. another HC gig).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

It is not a step down for him if they give him the inside track on taking over when BB retires. We all know how highly BB thinks of him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

IIRC Belichick was really fond of Josh. Says he still talks to him a lot too. I would not mind it if Josh came back as the OC and possibly the HC in waiting in 3 years or so if BB is ready to retire and move up to the front office. In 3 years Brady may be close to the end too. i think Josh would probably use Edelman in a wildcat formation 2 or 3 times a game, and would find some interesting ways of using Hernandez too. Could make the Pats even more difficult to game plan for, and force more zone coverage, which TB would pick apart with ease. Personally, I have been a proponent of this all year. And if O'Brien goes to Penn State I would be shocked if BB doesn't reach out to Josh to see if he wanted to come back. The transition would be much easier than finding somebody outside of the organization or promote someone with too little experience from within.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

As I recall, BB was DC for the Giants under Parcells(wins two SB) and then goes and gets a HC at Cleveland. Gets fired and goes back to DC with Parcells at the Giants and NE. Parcells goes to the Jets and Kraft get BB to stay and become our HC. We all know the rest of the story.

How does that job advancement thing work again. He went back to what he knew and got a second chance. By the way, Dick Labuea doesn't seem too upset at being the Steelers DC after gettting fired by Cinny. Dom Capser seems to be enjoying Green Bay right at the moment.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bitechop. Show bitechop's posts

I would welcome him back with open arms and bring Lloyd with you so the official ve really will be unstoppable. need to bring in a secondary coach too. we should have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL next year blocking for brady. next year it is aboout the defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

First: 6/25/2008
    Last: 1/2/2012
    In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE? : Because coordinating an offense that's run by Tom Brady is a better recipe for future career advancement (i.e. another HC gig).
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Let's see you say that when you wind up in the mail room.

posted at 1/2/2012 2:10 PM EST

First: 6/25/2008
    Last: 1/2/2012
    It is not a step down for him if they give him the inside track on taking over when BB retires. We all know how highly BB thinks of him.
    Posted by FishTaco64

You know nothing about career development/advancement.

Why do you attack people? Those were very good comments. What do you know about career development and advancement you havn't worked in years so you say. Theres a reason for that Maureen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Why would you apply corporate america logic to sports culture. They are two completely different animals. According to your logic, BB should have told the Giants to kiss his a$$ because he is above being a DC. That's dumb. When I lost my job in 2008, I took a job for 11.50 an hour doing G/L entries. Then I did that job and a 2nd job entering payroll for 16.00 an hour. Last year I was hired for over 60K plus bonus. If I did it your way I never would have got my current job. My boss liked the fact I took lesser jobs to keep my skill sets current.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Why wouldn't he go to Kansas where he could reunite with Cassel and Orton. Romeo gets the head coaching job, Josh o coordinator and as some in the media have suggested, the HC job in 2/3 years. 
    Posted by NEGAME2

GAME, I read were he might end up in Kansas City.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Not real sure how this board works, but is there any way that "Patfansince1966" can just be banned?  He/she is consistantly rude and disrespetful, generally just annoying.  His/her comments are usually designed to attack others, and they don't make any sense anyway.  Each comment posted makes the astonishing level of ignorance possessed by "Patsfansince1966" all the more apparent.  "Patsfansince1966" is officially the Rex Ryan of this forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Not real sure how this board works, but is there any way that "Patfansince1966" can just be banned?  He/she is consistantly rude and disrespetful, generally just annoying.  His/her comments are usually designed to attack others, and they don't make any sense anyway.  Each comment posted makes the astonishing level of ignorance possessed by "Patsfansince1966" all the more apparent.  "Patsfansince1966" is officially the Rex Ryan of this forum.

ha ha. You just need to put her on ignore. You could report abuse but they just come back as another name just like someone who makes a dumb prediction and its wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer

C'mon man, its not that bad. Put her on ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Yeah, either physically ignore him/her or click on the ignore button... either way, just ignore him/her all together.  There's no reason to waste any time responding to someone who's sole function on this board is to annoy people with his/her ad hominem attacks in lieu of any sort of informative opinion on a given topic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I just tell him that the opinion of a man who complains on a bulletin board all day about not being able to find a job has the same weight of an OWS sign.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

i'd rather find a DC. If Obie can "coach" and be part of a 13-3 record, then mebbe it doesn't matter who we plug into that vacancy.

on the other hand, we've had "problems" defensively for what seems like years now - so, I think it's time for the Patriots to invest in a DC that can improve our D.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think McDaniels coordinating the Patriots offense would be a step up over coordinating the Rams offense.  :)  Past that, if O'Brien moves on...why not?  I think he'd have fun trying to develop a WR or two, along with his pupil Lloyd.  I'd love to see it happen, but will NOT be holding my breath.  After all...there's a community college equipment manager in the boondocks somewhere who can be had for a steal!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

I won't mind seeing Josh back in our team. I'm also thinking if maybe we should make a run at Steve Spagnuolo for the DC job? i know BB is the one handling that now but maybe its time to lighten his workload. Steve did a wonderful job against us so maybe its time we get a DC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I can just see the headline. "Coaches who were caught taping reunited.".

No thanks, the more miles put between us and that STUPID nonsense the better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I can just see the headline. "Coaches who were caught taping reunited.". No thanks, the more miles put between us and that STUPID nonsense the better.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Never thought of that...i kind of agree now that you bring it up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

So far he's the only guy saty in St.L.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/mcdaniels-remains-employed-in-st-louis/

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts