Josh McDaniels to Stay with Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Josh McDaniels to Stay with Pats

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/253206/josh-mcdaniels-decides-to-stay-with-patriots

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels has decided not to interview for head coaching jobs. McDaniels would reportedly like to coach again one day, but has decided to remain loyal to the organization that provided him with a soft landing after he went down in flames as the Broncos' head coach and lasted just one season as the Rams' offensive coordinator. Perhaps he fancies himself as Bill Belichick's eventual successor. Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mon, Dec 31, 2012 04:06:00 PM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Josh McDaniels to Stay with Pats

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/253206/josh-mcdaniels-decides-to-stay-with-patriots

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels has decided not to interview for head coaching jobs. McDaniels would reportedly like to coach again one day, but has decided to remain loyal to the organization that provided him with a soft landing after he went down in flames as the Broncos' head coach and lasted just one season as the Rams' offensive coordinator. Perhaps he fancies himself as Bill Belichick's eventual successor. Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mon, Dec 31, 2012 04:06:00 PM

[/QUOTE]

oh well guess this means Pats won't be hiring Tony Sporano!

yes tongue firmly in cheek here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, that just might make me stop watching Pats football!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

his offensive game plan has as much imagination as a rock

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

his offensive game plan has as much imagination as a rock

[/QUOTE]

Malicious slander of rocks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Great news to start the new year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well good for us I guess. Good for the teams that would of foolishly hired him too - I really was surprised that anyone would fall for a guy that failed once already, and is doing well as a coordinator in large part because of Tom Brady. I don't find the offensive game plans here to be anything special under Josh, maybe it's just me?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wished Mangini didn't burn his bridges here, guy knows his Football. Everytime I hear him speak, I think of BB clone.

[/QUOTE]

Hes rebuilt them to a certain extent, maybe not all the way yet, but some.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well good for us I guess. Good for the teams that would of foolishly hired him too - I really was surprised that anyone would fall for a guy that failed once already, and is doing well as a coordinator in large part because of Tom Brady. I don't find the offensive game plans here to be anything special under Josh, maybe it's just me?

[/QUOTE]

Need I remind you Bill's record wasn't exactly awe inspiring before he took over the Pat's reins and now he's considered by many the best coach in the game. This includes his first year with the Pats at 5-11. Granted having TB as your QB doesn't exactly hurt but people around here pick on the guy unmercifally as being unimaginative as an offensive coach but folks seem to forget BB is his boss and McDaniels game plans are run by and through BB, so if you want to blame somebody for lack of imagination with the offense blame BB which I'm not.

The Pats had Gronk injured for most of the second half of the season, Hern was off and on this year, Edelman missed a chunk of games yet the Pats with their so-called unimaginative offense still led the NFL in scoring by a huge 100 points, 4th best all-time. If the offensive guides of this team are so lame they must be doing something right.

McDaniels like many is ambitious so he went outside of the organization to get his feet wet as a head coach and failed but he knows it's a learning experience that he will only gain from, so now it's time to stay with the Pats to continue the learning process. Whether he is being groomed to take over BB's spot is only pure speculation but who knows, maybe in 10-15 year we'll be proclaiming McDaniels as the greatest coach of his era or maybe not.   

Hetch

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Wait, I read on here all season that Josh was a horrible OC who didn't know how to game plan or call a game and was the cause of all that was wrong with the Pats offense? Did something change?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It's good news. I hope he continues to innovate and elevate the offense to new heights. There a times he makes some bonehead calls, but we have the offense in the league, so I guess it's a wash.

I'm sure he's glad knowing there is interest in him out there, but probably batter he stays in NE a few more years and raise the worth of his value.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'm glad he's staying put.  I think it's important that his family is happy at this stage and he certainly knows that if he keeps doing his job in that environment, there ALWAYS will be an opportunity.

Around the NFL up until a few weeks ago, was panned as just another failed BB disciple.  He's smart to stay put and keep grinding away.  BB has to be on the back nine in his coaching career and I think seeing BB focus on the defense (YOU STINK MP!) while the offense is on the field is a testament to the trust he has in Josh McDaniels (having Brady on the field helps too!).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Need I remind you Bill's record wasn't exactly awe inspiring before he took over the Pat's reins and now he's considered by many the best coach in the game. This includes his first year with the Pats at 5-11. Granted having TB as your QB doesn't exactly hurt but people around here pick on the guy unmercifally as being unimaginative as an offensive coach but folks seem to forget BB is his boss and McDaniels game plans are run by and through BB, so if you want to blame somebody for lack of imagination with the offense blame BB which I'm not.

The Pats had Gronk injured for most of the second half of the season, Hern was off and on this year, Edelman missed a chunk of games yet the Pats with their so-called unimaginative offense still led the NFL in scoring by a huge 100 points, 4th best all-time. If the offensive guides of this team are so lame they must be doing something right.

McDaniels like many is ambitious so he went outside of the organization to get his feet wet as a head coach and failed but he knows it's a learning experience that he will only gain from, so now it's time to stay with the Pats to continue the learning process. Whether he is being groomed to take over BB's spot is only pure speculation but who knows, maybe in 10-15 year we'll be proclaiming McDaniels as the greatest coach of his era or maybe not.   

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Hey Hetch,

Check out "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" if you haven't seen it already. It's on Youtube; the URL is below. Watch all 6 parts.

It's a pretty convincing case that BB was on the verge of building a dynasty with the Browns, before Art Modell pulled the carpet from underneath the city of Cleveland. Most everyone interviewed thinks the Browns would have been the current Patriots.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bill+belichick+a+football+life&oq=bill+belichi&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.376.5277.0.7880.12.8.0.4.4.0.482.1679.1j4j2j0j1.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.3p0VKTGLTFs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a pretty convincing case that BB was on the verge of building a dynasty with the Browns, before Art Modell pulled the carpet from underneath the city of Cleveland. Most everyone interviewed thinks the Browns would have been the current Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe Mike Tannenbaum was on the staff of slappys...he obviously had some different ideas. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no mthurl, if youve read my posts its not just you. 

unlike most here, i dont want josh as h.c. here.

re of cord, he is very creative re pass game. if he only were half as creative with the run ALSO, he would be much better as an o.c.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's good news. I hope he continues to innovate and elevate the offense to new heights. There a times he makes some bonehead calls, but we have the offense in the league, so I guess it's a wash.

I'm sure he's glad knowing there is interest in him out there, but probably batter he stays in NE a few more years and raise the worth of his value.

[/QUOTE]

agree with all your points kansas. 

best thing about josh staying is, if he left i dont trust bb would get a top off coord. wed get some trainee josh woudl likely better than

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe Mike Tannenbaum was on the staff of slappys...he obviously had some different ideas. :)

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

He should have, "Resigned as GM of the NYJ," the moment he got the job!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

GLAD HE IS STAYING PUT. ON THE OTHER HAND, AND THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL, I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF MATT PATRICIA WAS FIRED. THIS DEFENSE IS JUST HORRIBLE AND HARD TO WATCH AT TIMES. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Hey Hetch,

Check out "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" if you haven't seen it already. It's on Youtube; the URL is below. Watch all 6 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bill+belichick+a+football+life&oq=bill+belichi&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.376.5277.0.7880.12.8.0.4.4.0.482.1679.1j4j2j0j1.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.3p0VKTGLTFs

[/QUOTE]

no they weren't...remember that guy u bash constantly called Brady?

that is a helluva lot of BB's "brilliance" right there

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to isurfvb24's comment:

GLAD HE IS STAYING PUT. ON THE OTHER HAND, AND THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL, I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF MATT PATRICIA WAS FIRED. THIS DEFENSE IS JUST HORRIBLE AND HARD TO WATCH AT TIMES.

This defense finished the season in the top 10 in points allowed. I'm not sure what you were watching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Hooray sustainability and continuity....on a winning team