Josh McDaniels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Josh McDaniels

first off give the guy the credit he deserves.but im wondering if he showed some disrespect after the game.Belichick searched in vain looking for him to either shake his hand,or give him an embrace,but instead McDaniels is running around the sidelines pumping his fists to the fans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/11/broncos-knock-off-pats-in-ot/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Josh McDaniels

Let McDaniels enjoy it, Belichick isn't exactly the epitome of class when it comes to post game hand shakes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

He was asked about it in the post-game interviews. He said they talked before the game and agreed not to shake hands after the game because the media always makes such a huge deal of it. They waved to eachother when the game was over and that was that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The post game handshake has to be one of the most overblown story lines in sports.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Seeing McDaniels running around like a little kid after the game makes me think Denver fan may be over the Jay Cutler fiasco.

Give the guy his due -- how often do you get a chance to kick the professor in the nuts and walk away smiling?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels:
    [QUOTE]Let McDaniels enjoy it, Belichick isn't exactly the epitome of class when it comes to post game hand shakes.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

And that is when Bill actually sticks around until the game is officially over. 

This is a non-story, I feel pretty sure neither Belicheck or McDaniels are spending much time thinking about a handshake that wasn't.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels : And that is when Bill actually sticks around until the game is officially over.  This is a non-story, I feel pretty sure neither Belicheck or McDaniels are spending much time thinking about a handshake that wasn't.   
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

That is my point.  Post game handshake drama is media driven.........it's also irrelevant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]He was asked about it in the post-game interviews. He said they talked before the game and agreed not to shake hands after the game because the media always makes such a huge deal of it. They waved to eachother when the game was over and that was that.
    Posted by NoLaN87[/QUOTE] found it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/12/mcdaniels-belichick-agreed-not-to-do-handshake-met-after-game/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Seeing McDaniels running around like a little kid after the game makes me think Denver fan may be over the Jay Cutler fiasco. Give the guy his due -- how often do you get a chance to kick the professor in the nuts and walk away smiling?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Except in this case it was more like the professor kicking himself in the nuts.

bad coaching made a gift to the doncos of a very winnable game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I give McDaniels all the credit in the world. He beat his teacher plain and simple. I happen to like his enthusiasm, and didn't think it was unclassy at all. He is pumped up, and has every right to be. Nobody can deny that he's got a good thing going at 5-0. Whatever he's doing...it's working....well.

The handshake is a useless non issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]I give McDaniels all the credit in the world. He beat his teacher plain and simple. I happen to like his enthusiasm, and didn't think it was unclassy at all. He is pumped up, and has every right to be. Nobody can deny that he's got a good thing going at 5-0. Whatever he's doing...it's working....well. The handshake is a useless non issue.
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

I live in Colorado and you bet Josh is fired up.  He was getting absolutely killed all summer for Cutler/Marshall, his draft, etc....  The local media was essentially writing off this season and 6 wins were the high end estimates.  I think he was so fired up b/c he knew what a good team he had just beaten and I that was a huge personal vindication for him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

The Denver Broncos are for real.  The AFC Campionship may just end up being the Broncos vs the Colts. My guess is either Miami or New York will take the AFC East. New York is on a roll and Miami has been known to bounce back from slow starts. NE gets choked up after a dismal start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

So many people here (and all around by some of the blogs I've read) were posting things such as "Will McDaniels get fired before the season starts?" ever since this BS with Cutler started. Denver was going nowhere, they wouldn't beat the Raiders, etc. I think the biggest factor yesterday was that the defense is inexperienced, and couldn't hold up late in the game. But give Denver some credit, they got NO pressure on Orton, so the O-line played pretty well. And guys like Marshall and Royal are very good WRs, last season they both had 100 catches! There was a lot of poor tackling in the secondary. I will give Josh credit for two things, their funky formation (which seems to affect most defenses), and him putting Orton in to lob one just before the half. But the bottom line is Josh has every right to be fired up. After all the flak he's gotten in the press and by the fans, the team is 5-0. Barring a late meltdown (like in 08), the Broncos should win their division (and I wonder if that's why we've not heard from our old friend Bolt). And IMO it was Cutler who led the meltdown, his play got worse as the season progressed. Orton is no gunslinger, and Josh knows that. But Orton is playing smart and winning games. As far as a hanshake goes, that is all a bunch of media hype. I'm happy for McDaniels...although I would have been happier for him to be 4-1 instead of 5-0!!!

Sections
Shortcuts