Josh McD!p$#!t

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Josh McD!p$#!t

Rusty stop talking about the offense.  They didn't turn the ball over and went 3 and out once.  Despite this the D surrendered 31 points.  That is bad no matter how you slice it.  There is no context that makes it good.  There just isn't.  Should the offense have dropped closer to 50 on the Bills D?  Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that the D played poorly.

Also just an fyi the play in question with Woodhead was a poor throw, but Woodhead went out of bounds earlier in the play so it would have been a penalty had he caught it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1st drive AFTER they got NE the ball in Buffalo territory and they weakly settled for a FG after 2:27 of clock:

New England Patriots at 9:35 BUF NWE 1st and 10 at NE 1 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to W.Welker (M.Dareus). 2nd and 10 at NE 1 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to W.Welker. 3rd and 10 at NE 1 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to D.Branch [K.Williams]. 4th and 10 at NE 1 Z.Mesko punts 44 yards to NE 45, Center-D.Aiken, downed by NE-M.Cole. DRIVE TOTALS: BUF 24, NE 34, 3 plays, 0 yards, 0:19 elapsed

19 seconds! LOL!! How is that possible? 19 seconds? 3 straight shotguns from the end zone?   Just run it out and get some yards.  Roll Brady out on a quick bootleg for a quick pass.

This drive that failed after 19 seconds, let Buffalo start at NE's 45. Throw in 2 BOGUS roughing calls and Spikes and Mayo, and there's your TD.

With me?

This game would have been over with 1 of 2 things:

Brady and the offense don't settle for a FG from 1st and goal on the 2 to ice it or they simply execute better earlier in the game instead of settling for long Gostkowksi FGs. That's arguably the worst Run D in the league and McDaniels is subbing RBs and off to run shotgun spreads.

You tell me.

Poorly called game by McDaniels. 

[/QUOTE]

Anytime you score 37 points, your defense should not need a stupid play by the opposing QB to win the game. 

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe this offense is just not a good as everyone thinks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good ole Rusty.  Somehow tries to spin 31 points given up as a good performance on D when the O didn't turn the ball over and went 3 and out once.

[/QUOTE]

This is why Rusty is the board jester.  Even the 3 and out wasn't Bradys fault,  Welkers flat out dropped a would be 1st down pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Endgame play calling is always second guessed when plays don't work out. If the opposite plays would not have worked, those would have been second guessed.  When plays fail the play caller never wins in the eyes of certain pats fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This is really not thinking.  The Pats put up 37pts and it was a game when it shouldn't have been.  This was a defensive meltdown, not an offensive one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is really not thinking.  The Pats put up 37pts and it was a game when it shouldn't have been.  This was a defensive meltdown, not an offensive one.

[/QUOTE]

I think you have to have a solid matter for it to be called a "meltdown".  There is nothing solid about this D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Endgame play calling is always second guessed when plays don't work out. If the opposite plays would not have worked, those would have been second guessed.  When plays fail the play caller never wins in the eyes of certain pats fans.

[/QUOTE]

Some people will always complain. Playcalling, in my eyes, is very, very, ver rarely the problem. Losses and wins can usually be easily tracked to poor execution. 

The offense in the end, got the ball, went on an almost 6 minute drive. Ridley knocked em back with his penalty. 

Whatever. They ran some plays and tried to score. You aren't running clock with almost 3 minutes left, the goal line in front of you, when your opponent has that time, the 2 min warning and a pair of timeouts. 

If you go into 'run the clock' mode, and stop trying to score, and fail, then you have nothing, and the other team still has the time. 

As it stood, I would have done everything the same. The offense came up with the points that would have forced Buffalo to score a TD to win it. That was huge. 

Not to mention they scored 37 points and didn't turn it over once, and had only one three and out. It was nearly perfect execution in that game, end to end by the offense. 

Yet, the only reason Buffalo didn't score a game winning TD is because Fitzy made a huge mistake. 

BB looked nauseous at his presser. He has already made a desperation trade for a corner. He *knows* there are problems here, depsite his efforts and attentions and investments in the defense. It is not working, but for this team to string together 4 wins against playoff caliber teams, they are going to need a defense that can come up big for them and pitch a shutout or something close to it, at least once. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. That was a poor defensive game, even by Patriots standards. Turnovers and penalties kept the Bills' score as low (!) as it was. We need a defensive coordinator now. Our players cannot be this bad. We made another QB look like Payton Manning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

For the most part, McDaniels is doing a good job.  However, in the fourth quarter or in tight games, he and/or the offense has a complete brainfart.  They have been pretty bad at situational football...I blame BB on that more than McD....but by this time, he should know better.

I was in the BDC game chat and people were losing their minds...if we can pick up on it that fast, there is no excuse the Pat's coaches shouldn't do the same.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The mistake by mcd was the 3 and out at their 2 yd line after fumble recovery.

crazy, ugly win. Glad its over.  Bring on the tankgate colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So. The offense has to have long scoring drives every time, or their Coordinator is a D!p$#!t??

The offense was basically perfect today. Their performance was unimpeachable. They scored throughout the game. Only had two drives that didn't end in points. Ran it well. Passed it well. When they needed to kill clock they executed an almost 6 minute drive to kill clock that ended in points. 

This is like a replay of the Ravens game they lost, except Fitzy is terrible and gave the game back to them. 

Josh had an AMAZING game. 37 points man. That is GREAT. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some people will always complain. Playcalling, in my eyes, is very, very, ver rarely the problem. Losses and wins can usually be easily tracked to poor execution. 

The offense in the end, got the ball, went on an almost 6 minute drive. Ridley knocked em back with his penalty. 

Whatever. They ran some plays and tried to score. You aren't running clock with almost 3 minutes left, the goal line in front of you, when your opponent has that time, the 2 min warning and a pair of timeouts. 

If you go into 'run the clock' mode, and stop trying to score, and fail, then you have nothing, and the other team still has the time. 

As it stood, I would have done everything the same. The offense came up with the points that would have forced Buffalo to score a TD to win it. That was huge. 

Not to mention they scored 37 points and didn't turn it over once, and had only one three and out. It was nearly perfect execution in that game, end to end by the offense. 

Yet, the only reason Buffalo didn't score a game winning TD is because Fitzy made a huge mistake. 

BB looked nauseous at his presser. He has already made a desperation trade for a corner. He *knows* there are problems here, depsite his efforts and attentions and investments in the defense. It is not working, but for this team to string together 4 wins against playoff caliber teams, they are going to need a defense that can come up big for them and pitch a shutout or something close to it, at least once. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey ZB, good to see you. I agree with you but don't you think they should've let the clock run down to 2:35 then run it on 1st down which they could then take it all the way down to the 2 minute warning or force the Bills to use a timeout? Then they run again on 2nd down and goal(only ridley got the penalty) and if you don't score then pass on 3rd down. I feel McDaniels handed the Bills atleast 60 extra seconds to work with and if Fitzy didn't throw the pick, who knows what would've happened.

I'm not saying the D played well by any means and it has been an ongoing problem but I don't want to see coaching errors like that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I've cooled off since the end of the game and regret calling him a Dip$#!+. He's certainly not a bad OC but his consistency has been off. Some of his decisions leave me scratching my head a lot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, the thing about pass plays at the end of the game is that the clock stops w/ incomplete passes. So, it's the antithesis of running the clock out or clock management.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've cooled off since the end of the game and regret calling him a Dip$#!+. He's certainly not a bad OC but his consistency has been bad. Some of his decisions leave me scratching my head a lot

[/QUOTE]

it's like he overthinks it.......and ends up fooling himself.....lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So. The offense has to have long scoring drives every time, or their Coordinator is a D!p$#!t??

The offense was basically perfect today. Their performance was unimpeachable. They scored throughout the game. Only had two drives that didn't end in points. Ran it well. Passed it well. When they needed to kill clock they executed an almost 6 minute drive to kill clock that ended in points. 

This is like a replay of the Ravens game they lost, except Fitzy is terrible and gave the game back to them. 

Josh had an AMAZING game. 37 points man. That is GREAT. 

[/QUOTE]

it's kind of hard to point the finger at the offense when they score 37 points in a close game.....lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've cooled off since the end of the game and regret calling him a Dip$#!+. He's certainly not a bad OC but his consistency has been bad. Some of his decisions leave me scratching my head a lot

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who me or McDaniels? lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems to me that the offense generally played pretty well today.  They had 11 drives, two of which were end-of-half drives that don't really count.  Of the nine remaining drives, they scored on seven of them, with four TDs and three FGs for 37 points.  One drive was a short one set up by the defense, but the others were all reasonably long.  They were helped by the number of Bills penalties and the general weakness of the Bills' defense, but overall this was a good showing. McDaniels, I think, deserves some credit for this.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

The D set up 7 of those, or maybe it was 3?  lol

Did you watch the offense in the 4th qtr?  AWFUL.  The throw to Woodhead had everyone asking "what was that"?

Even him staring down Branch earlier when there were literally NO defenders in front of him. Just run forward!

At worst the clock ticks and the sticks move.

What happened to Brady in terms of managing games? Seriously.

I am not going to fault Spikes and Mayo for making clean tackles either. Overall, an undisciplined game for both sides, but it's the offense's job to ICE THE GAME! You act like they aren't accountable to simply execute.

How many fumbles do you want them to create in a game?  The Buffalo run game was good today, which is on the D, but the Pats started the ball in the second half again and did jack squat again.

Leave it to you morons to make excuses for a LOADED offense in an era where Goodell is all but begging offenses to score.

[/QUOTE]

He went out of bounds and came back in, it was a heads up play by Brady to just throw it away. Watch the game and actually understant it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey ZB, good to see you. I agree with you but don't you think they should've let the clock run down to 2:35 then run it on 1st down which they could then take it all the way down to the 2 minute warning or force the Bills to use a timeout? Then they run again on 2nd down and goal(only ridley got the penalty) and if you don't score then pass on 3rd down. I feel McDaniels handed the Bills atleast 60 extra seconds to work with and if Fitzy didn't throw the pick, who knows what would've happened.

I'm not saying the D played well by any means and it has been an ongoing problem but I don't want to see coaching errors like that

[/QUOTE]

Well, the "quicksnap" run was not a gamble. It probably works 90% of the time. A TD, there, ends the game. You aren't playing for a FG against an offense that was basically bending your defense over.  

OK, so you come out, wait, give Buffalo time to sub in its goal line package, then you are decreasing your chances at scoring. This offense works because they force teams into situations where they DON'T matchup well. On that drive it was an 11 package with Ridley out there. Why give Buffalo time to matchup???? Are you that afraid you can't put points on the board? To dave what? 15-20 seconds? There were still 40 seconds on the clock when Buffalo messed everything up by throwing that pick, right? I don't think stealing a few seconds would have made the game safe. In that case ... you call the plays that have the highest percentage of scoring, which DOES end it. 

Quick snap run by Ridley was great. His execution was off. Then he made another mistake with the false start that stopped the clock. 

The thing that ruined it was the penalty by Ridley. That stopped the clock. Otherwise, what they are thinking is a quicksnap, run the clock, and take a few shots running the ball from the 2 or whatever. 

Worse case, you kick a FG. And you leave the field with 1:34 or something like that. Best case, you leave with a 10 point lead. 

Ridley couldn't score, Ridley knocked em back with that silly penalty. Then they were forced to pass the ball, because all of a sudden they are in 2nd and long and the Bills had already subbed in a defense that can deal better with their runners. 

Nitpicking over 15 seconds ... I really don't get it. I mean ... wow, like ... the defense can't get that fifteen seconds BACK by maybe forcing the Bills to 4th down? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems to me that the offense generally played pretty well today.  They had 11 drives, two of which were end-of-half drives that don't really count.  Of the nine remaining drives, they scored on seven of them, with four TDs and three FGs for 37 points.  One drive was a short one set up by the defense, but the others were all reasonably long.  They were helped by the number of Bills penalties and the general weakness of the Bills' defense, but overall this was a good showing. McDaniels, I think, deserves some credit for this.  

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! This isn't intended to bash McDaniels for the entire game but just the 3:10 mark and the goaline playcalling.

Its similar to when Gus Frerotte runs in for a TD and everyone is like wooo hooo then he bangs his head against the wall and sprains his neck and everyone's like w- t - f?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The D set up 7 of those, or maybe it was 3?  lol

Did you watch the offense in the 4th qtr?  AWFUL.  The throw to Woodhead had everyone asking "what was that"?

Even him staring down Branch earlier when there were literally NO defenders in front of him. Just run forward!

At worst the clock ticks and the sticks move.

What happened to Brady in terms of managing games? Seriously.

I am not going to fault Spikes and Mayo for making clean tackles either. Overall, an undisciplined game for both sides, but it's the offense's job to ICE THE GAME! You act like they aren't accountable to simply execute.

How many fumbles do you want them to create in a game?  The Buffalo run game was good today, which is on the D, but the Pats started the ball in the second half again and did jack squat again.

Leave it to you morons to make excuses for a LOADED offense in an era where Goodell is all but begging offenses to score.

[/QUOTE]

He went out of bounds and came back in, it was a heads up play by Brady to just throw it away. Watch the game and actually understant it.

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say that without the insult. 

If Brady throws that to Woodhead and completes it, it's actually a penalty, making the FG attempt more difficult. 

He put the ball where it needed to be: in the dirt. 

He preserved a makeable FG.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McD...because us fans (the customer) is always right....

[/QUOTE]

Who me or McDaniels? lol

[/QUOTE]