Josh McD!p$#!t

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Josh McD!p$#!t

I'm happy with the 37 points and the O did great but keep in mind the Bills are 31st in the league in defense and 2nd to last in points allowed. Allowing an avg. of 31 points per game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why does this guy get the credit he gets? Honestly................

[/QUOTE]

Because the offense ran up the score in 2007 and in 2008 this team went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB... Of course, those teams both had top 10 defenses as well.

If he was judge on his performances in Denver and St. Louis, he would be unemployed right now. Some how, being the OC of the worst offense in the NFL last year got him his job back in New England...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Endgame play calling is always second guessed when plays don't work out. If the opposite plays would not have worked, those would have been second guessed.  When plays fail the play caller never wins in the eyes of certain pats fans.

[/QUOTE]

Some people will always complain. Playcalling, in my eyes, is very, very, ver rarely the problem. Losses and wins can usually be easily tracked to poor execution. 

The offense in the end, got the ball, went on an almost 6 minute drive. Ridley knocked em back with his penalty. 

Whatever. They ran some plays and tried to score. You aren't running clock with almost 3 minutes left, the goal line in front of you, when your opponent has that time, the 2 min warning and a pair of timeouts. 

If you go into 'run the clock' mode, and stop trying to score, and fail, then you have nothing, and the other team still has the time. 

As it stood, I would have done everything the same. The offense came up with the points that would have forced Buffalo to score a TD to win it. That was huge. 

Not to mention they scored 37 points and didn't turn it over once, and had only one three and out. It was nearly perfect execution in that game, end to end by the offense. 

Yet, the only reason Buffalo didn't score a game winning TD is because Fitzy made a huge mistake. 

BB looked nauseous at his presser. He has already made a desperation trade for a corner. He *knows* there are problems here, depsite his efforts and attentions and investments in the defense. It is not working, but for this team to string together 4 wins against playoff caliber teams, they are going to need a defense that can come up big for them and pitch a shutout or something close to it, at least once. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey ZB, good to see you. I agree with you but don't you think they should've let the clock run down to 2:35 then run it on 1st down which they could then take it all the way down to the 2 minute warning or force the Bills to use a timeout? Then they run again on 2nd down and goal(only ridley got the penalty) and if you don't score then pass on 3rd down. I feel McDaniels handed the Bills atleast 60 extra seconds to work with and if Fitzy didn't throw the pick, who knows what would've happened.

I'm not saying the D played well by any means and it has been an ongoing problem but I don't want to see coaching errors like that

[/QUOTE]

Well, the "quicksnap" run was not a gamble. It probably works 90% of the time. A TD, there, ends the game. You aren't playing for a FG against an offense that was basically bending your defense over.  

OK, so you come out, wait, give Buffalo time to sub in its goal line package, then you are decreasing your chances at scoring. This offense works because they force teams into situations where they DON'T matchup well. On that drive it was an 11 package with Ridley out there. Why give Buffalo time to matchup???? Are you that afraid you can't put points on the board? To dave what? 15-20 seconds? There were still 40 seconds on the clock when Buffalo messed everything up by throwing that pick, right? I don't think stealing a few seconds would have made the game safe. In that case ... you call the plays that have the highest percentage of scoring, which DOES end it. 

Quick snap run by Ridley was great. His execution was off. Then he made another mistake with the false start that stopped the clock. 

The thing that ruined it was the penalty by Ridley. That stopped the clock. Otherwise, what they are thinking is a quicksnap, run the clock, and take a few shots running the ball from the 2 or whatever. 

Worse case, you kick a FG. And you leave the field with 1:34 or something like that. Best case, you leave with a 10 point lead. 

Ridley couldn't score, Ridley knocked em back with that silly penalty. Then they were forced to pass the ball, because all of a sudden they are in 2nd and long and the Bills had already subbed in a defense that can deal better with their runners. 

Nitpicking over 15 seconds ... I really don't get it. I mean ... wow, like ... the defense can't get that fifteen seconds BACK by maybe forcing the Bills to 4th down? 

[/QUOTE]

I like your point on preventing the substitutions but why not line up in the formation immediately so that they can't and then let the clock run instead of snapping it quickly?

I think if they had let the clock run and ran on 1st and 2nd Fitzy wouldn't have had the time to even throw that pick

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is like a new low for you Rusty.  I mean 31 points given up when your offense and ST's don't $hit the bed is just f'ing bad.  All we ever hear from you is how bad the offense played or how Goodell is giving all the advantages to offenses and how every QB throws for 300 yards.  Newflash dude there are still elite defenses in this league even with all of the changes.  31 points given up a game puts you in the bottom of the NFL.  Just admit the defense didn't play well for once for the love of god.   

Every single game is a spin job from you about how this TD or that TD shouldn't count against this D.  It's like you think all other 31 defenses are always put in a position where their opponents start at their own 1 yard line or something.  Our defense has it easier than almost any other team in the NFL.  Our offense scores a lot of points, rarely goes 3 and out and rarely turns the ball over.  Just because the offense missed some plays out there DOES NOT MEAN THE DEFENSE WAS GOOD TODAY.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the most part, McDaniels is doing a good job.  However, in the fourth quarter or in tight games, he and/or the offense has a complete brainfart.  They have been pretty bad at situational football...I blame BB on that more than McD....but by this time, he should know better.

I was in the BDC game chat and people were losing their minds...if we can pick up on it that fast, there is no excuse the Pat's coaches shouldn't do the same.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Maybe it should be on BB more then JM

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm happy with the 37 points and the O did great but keep in mind the Bills are 31st in the league in defense and 2nd to last in points allowed. Allowing an avg. of 31 points per game.

[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU

Read that again, folks. The Bills allow an "AVERAGE" of 31 points per game.  Get it, kids?  NE's 37 points, with 7 of that set up by Cunningam's strip sack early in the game, simply isn't that impressive. At all.

This game should have been about better game management, better clock control and an iced final drive.

Brady just stands there with his big eyes like he HAS TO THROW. NEWSFLASH, TOMMY! It's ok to run forward with a clear path to eat some clock.

This is what I mean. That shotgun almost brainwashes him to the point he has to throw. Why are stopping the clock with a chance to score a TD with under 3 minutes to go? An incompletion STOPS THE CLOCK and he's got 10 yards of field in front of him.  AWFUL.

The 19 second drive before that is in the GUiness book of World Records for shortest and least creative playcalling ever. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

If you are talking averages, the Bills have scored an average of 22 points per game... so who did better, the offense that scored six points more than the Bills allow or the defense that allowed 9 point more than the Bills average?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They DID ask, but the refs wouldnt do it. Quick snapping was the next best thing.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Read that again, folks. The Bills allow an "AVERAGE" of 31 points per game.  Get it, kids?  NE's 37 points, with 7 of that set up by Cunningam's strip sack early in the game, simply isn't that impressive. At all.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty you are just ridiculous.  Here are the point totals that the Bills have given up this year coming into yesterday's game.

48, 17, 14, 52, 45, 16, 35, 9

The 52 was us a few weeks ago.  The 48 was to the Jets in week 1 and the 45 was to SF the week after we pasted Buff. 

Now we need to apply "Rusty logic" to what TDs actually count (unless you think only the Pats offense should be penalized when their D forces a turnover). 

The Jets scored a special teams TD and a defensive TD so their offense actually scored 34 points.  3 of their TDs and were "set up by the D" meaning they had to drive less than 50 yards which means by Rusty logic they scored 13 points on offense. 

San Francisco had a TD "set up by the D" which means by Rusty logic they actually scored 38 points. 

Tennessee had 2 TDs "set up by the D" which means by Rusty logic they actually scored 21 points.

That means that with the exception of the San Francisco game where their defense held the Bills to 200 yards of offense meaning they had the ball all day on offense the Patriots scored more points than any other team if you actually hold our offense to the same standard as the rest of  the league (which you don't because you have an agenda).  Newsflash Rusty.  The Patriots aren't the only team in the league that gets points off of turnovers. 

The point we are all making here is that you are constantly telling us that TDs we scored don't count and TDs we give up don't count in order to bash the offense and Tom Brady and prop up the defense (aren't you the one that keeps insisting the D only gave up 13 points in the last SB).  The best part is that in yesterday's game the offense didn't turn the ball over and there weren't any special teams fails and despite that the D gave up 31 meaning "Rusty logic" can't save the D from yesterday's performance.  It was bad.  Just admit it.  Unlike some people on this board I don't think we are doomed, but I will call a spade a spade.