Josh Reed to visit New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Josh Reed to visit New England

ANTONIO BRYANT, people, the guy had scrubs throwing to him in Tampa. Imagine what he could do with Brady. 

The Pas have to sign this guy. He would instantly make their offense elite. No way Cromatie can Iso this guy. I would hate to see a team try to defend Moss, Welker (when he comes back), and Antonio. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

not sure this solves much.  depth is always good for a cheap price

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Right now at the start of the 2010 season the Pats have Aiken, Patten, Edelman, Moss, and maybe Slater.  Better Pickup Reed, because beggars can't be choosers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Reed to visit New England:
    Josh Reed = Bethel Johnson, part 2
    Posted by FranklynDR

NO! Totally wrong. Josh Reed is a proven solid possession receiver not a sideline goof who doesn't know a route from a root. Last year the Bills did not have a passing game.  Lee Evans had a suckish year too. What this says to me is they aren't convinced on Edelman, and Welker won't be ready for 2010.

Evans is 29, anyone else they bring in like Branch or Mason is quite a bit older for the spot opposite Moss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

hey guts dont forget hw reed's qb's have been so think of his potential numbers with a qb like brady. and whos the better recievers out there ? t.o ? im all set with aworthless prima donna on hour team. i would take d mason over reed but reed woyuld be a good fit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

The first hope is that Reed will play above his game whenever he faces off against Buffalo, a club that didn't want him.  Second, maybe Reed will tell the coaching staff what he knows about Buffalo's offense.
    Posted by Paul_K

The big surprise to me is that I didnt know that Buffalo has an offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Reed definitely fits the profile of a BB receiver in that he's a good athlete that runs crisp routs and plays with good quickness, agility and body control.  He's not the sexy name that most fans want to bring in, but he should alteast be able to provide Gaffney-esque type numbers that most fans were clamoring for this season, not to mention BB has seen enough of him to have a fairly good idea of his capabilities.  Also, TB throwing you the football  (vs. whatever QB Buffalo is rolling out there) can make you that much better of a player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Although Mason is old, he would be a good option to have for a year while it allows Tate to develope properly. Mason would be solid. I can see the Pats signing Reed though. So long as it is for the right price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Josh Reed = Bethel Johnson, part 2
    Posted by FranklynDR

Not even close. Josh reed is a proven 9 year NFL receiver with more than 300 catches, 11.5 years per catch and only 2 fumbles in his entire career.

Bethel johnson was a bust from his first training camp.  

Is josh a boldin or ochocinco? No, but we're not in a position to be turning our noses up at him right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

What? He's only 29? Too young. A baby. Call AARP and see what they have available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

There wasn’t a ton of movement on the free agent front yesterday, but the action should start to pick up with the Patriots [team stats] today as the secondary tier of players start to make their case.

The Pats are set to bring in free agent Josh Reed for a visit today. It’s no secret the Pats are in need of wide receiver help, and the 29-year-old, who has spent his entire career with the Buffalo Bills, would upgrade the depth at the position.

While the 5-foot-10, 210-pound Reed did not enjoy his most productive year last season (27 catches, 291 yards), it’s important to remember the woeful offense he played in, as well as the quarterback troubles the Bills endured.

Reed is not on par with Anquan Boldin, who the Pats attempted to acquire from Arizona Friday only to lose out to Baltimore, but coach Bill Belichick has always liked him.

Prior to the Pats’ second meeting with the Bills last season, Belichick heaped a ton of praise on Reed, who has had some very good games against the Pats during his eight seasons.

“He’s very hard to tackle,” Belichick said on Dec. 18. “Do you remember the slip screen he caught against us a couple years ago up there (in Buffalo)? He broke about seven tackles on the touchdown run. (He is) tough with the ball in his hands.”

Reed made four catches for 63 yards in that late-season loss to the Pats. The former second-round pick played for Nick Saban - a good friend of Belichick - at LSU. Reed, who turns 30 in May, has had a pair of 50-plus catch seasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Josh Reed = low risk and high reward if he clicks with the offense. Bring him into training camp and let him compete with Tate, Edelman ,Aitkens etc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I was hoping to read 'Brandon Marshall' to visit New England,  I know I'm dreaming but this would be the splasshhhhhhhhhh we need.......and it would get some serious attention around the League.
    Posted by NOISE

I tend to agree with you. I don't think we really need another slot WR. I think Edelman will do fine while Welker is out. I would rather see someone like Marshall who can play opposite of Moss - someone very physical who can go up and fight for the ball.

That being said, we do need depth at WR - so, if we can get Reed on the cheap....that'd be okay.