Josh Reed to visit New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Free agent wide receiver Josh Reed has scheduled a visit to New England.

A league source tells PFT's Mike Florio that Reed will visit the Patriots on Sunday.

Reed is coming off a season in which he was largely phased out of the Bills' offense, catching just 27 passes for 291 yards.

In 2008 Reed had a career-high 597 receiving yards on 56 catches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/06/josh-reed-to-visit-new-england/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Josh Reed to visit New England

He would allow the Patriots to look at other areas of need during the draft. OL,DE,OLB/DE,TE. He wasn't the man in Buffalo this past season but he was a very productive receiver in 08 catching 56 balls for well over 500 yards, I guess its all about the eye of the beholder...Just for an update you can take Chris Chambers off any wish list as he just resigned with the Chiefs, 3/08/10 @4:08 per Profootballtalk.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

just what we need. NOT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

we can do better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm sorry if you're expecting the elite receivers to visit New England. It's not happening anytime soon. We can still make a big splash at wide receiver but I like this signing if we manage to get him on board. If nothing else, he'll be added depth at a position that was weak for us last year.

Who knows what Hoody sees in him because maybe he's not as talented but perhaps one of those super intelligent players. That does go a long way, believe it or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there are no elite receivers out there in the free agency,but there are better ones then reed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

No, I get that Josh Reed isn't the best receiver available but remember, it's about FIT and sad to say, more importantly, economics. If Josh Reed fits better in our system and comes much cheaper, I take that any day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The first hope is that Reed will play above his game whenever he faces off against Buffalo, a club that didn't want him.  Second, maybe Reed will tell the coaching staff what he knows about Buffalo's offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

dont sleep... bufallo had a revolving door at QB, coodinator ect(personification of dysfunction as the raiders personify DISASTER but i digress)... (assuming he's signed)with tommy boy throwing him the rock and moss attracting D-backs like bees to honey he can reach new carreer highs look at welker before N.E and after N.E

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Josh Reed = Bethel Johnson, part 2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

81Pats12, good points!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this is true with him being on a bad team,and with brady throwing to him.who knows?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

If Reed is the only FA WR addition, then I'd be worried.  But I do believe he has the skillset needed to fill in for Welker.  He's a slot guy, and he knows how to get open.  If he's part of the solution, it's ok with me.  But he's a stopgap. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

better off trading for Deion Branch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Who ever thinks this is a bad idea is out of thier mind...Reed played pretty good for Buffalo whenever he was used, did we all forget who their QB's were...yeah those guys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Watching Josh Reed is like watching a slot guy who doesn't completely understand how to run routes. If he's brought in to compete in camp for the #4/5 spot then I'm alright with it but if he's brought in as a stop gap starter then there are (and were) far better options then him at WR. I'd actually rather give Edelman the go in the slot over him or if he's at #2 taking chance on a draft pick. I might even give Aiken or Tate the nod over him (I say Tate because he's unproven but I do feel this guy is going to be a good to great #2)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

There are several good options for WR out there and I would put Antonio Bryant at the top of the list (had him there with Boldin before anyone went anywhere) but Reed was a close #3, just plays a different skill set. If we picked him up I would be ok with it he had a down year last year but that was because T.O and the QB throwing the ball. Reed didn't get nearly the snaps from center he was use to either.

Anyway If it happens good it makes the Welker injury much less a problem. Allows Edelman to continue to develop without rushing him remember he was a QB a year ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

PatsEng... btw... I agree Tate has a huge upside but it may be another season before you see him providing the results you and I think he is capable of.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I was hoping to read 'Brandon Marshall' to visit New England,  I know I'm dreaming but this would be the splasshhhhhhhhhh we need.......and it would get some serious attention around the League.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Chris Chambers anyone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHfan1948. Show NHfan1948's posts

Would give the Pats two Biletnikoff Award (best college receiver) winners in their WR corps. Reed had incredible college stats in a possesion offense at LSU.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Don't want Marshal personally.... If you wantt a WR like that better to go out and grow your own from a draft pick... maybe the 2011 one we get from the Raiders will be a good one to use as Moss' contract is up then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

IMHO marshal is overrated... since he's been in the league he's cracked the top ten of dropped passes an alarming number of times and moss has been way more productive than him so i dont know why people keep saying "bring him in to replace moss"... he doesn't have randy moss talent he's just a big body that defenders have a hard time bringing down... and he's a huge head case( if that was moss batting down footballs at practice or provoked people who shot his friend we will never hear the end of it)... moss was a head case cause he hated losing... marshall wants BIG money

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomThrive. Show TomThrive's posts

COKK A DOODLE DOOOOO!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Reed could be similar to Jabar Gaffney.  Solid, unspectacular route runner, marginal speed but good hands.  Gaffney turned out to be a very solid guy Pats missed more then they thought they would.

Sections
Shortcuts