Julian Edelman Arrested for Assault

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Julian Edelman Arrested for Assault

What a great week to be a Pats fan.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/29647763/detail.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Julian Edelman Arrested for Assault

Well, you can kiss Edelman goodbye - or I at least hope we can. It was sexual asault, and he was supposedly groping a woman. 

We don't need players like that on the team. Cut him immediately, please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I suggest that fans here suspend judgement until he's been convicted of something.  You know, that old thing about innocent until proven guilty by a jury of one's peers, which goes back to the year 1215 but which gets trampled on every time a celebrity is arrested.  How anyone who is famous in any way can get a fair trial in the court of public opinion in this country anymore is way beyond me. 

That said, Julian as a football player has contributed very little over the last two years, so on that basis alone, I suspect you won't see him here next year.  Its a better basis for me than all the conjecture that will take place here to no purpose at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well that ends the tenur of Edelman in NE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Julian Edelman Arrested for Assault:
    [QUOTE]Indecent assualt is basically "unwanted touching". 1:30am in a nightclub, probably drunk, maybe flirting with a girl and he went too far..who knows what the facts are, but lets see how it plays out. I wouldn't lump this in the same category as Rapelisburger. Not even close. Whatever though, he's a meathead for getting himself into this situation. Not good to p!ss off BB and Kraft after a loss...
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

The report is that Edelman went under the skirt and grab her hoho (couldn't think of anything else that would get through the filter)

Witness was her BF among others. Not Ben's level by any account but still very serious. Although the club threw them out and not Edelman so who knows if it is true or not.

Given Myra's stance on this stuff and this season is in her memory I don't see a way Edelman stays on this team if it's true

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julian Edelman Arrested for Assault :

*EXACTLY the same charge Albert Hayesworth was facing All but maybe one or two of you blew it off as no big deal

*it happens to a guy that doesn't play much and its --- bye bye

Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Ouch.  Fandom rears its ugly head. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Well, you can kiss Edelman goodbye - or I at least hope we can. It was sexual asault, and he was supposedly groping a woman.  We don't need players like that on the team. Cut him immediately, please.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    This is why Fat Albert should go also then. Agreed? Everyone has skeletons in their closets. If all exposed, Everett High will represent the Pats' organization come PO time. Let's cut everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

He put himself in a very bad position. He should be cut based on stupidity alone.
    I'll be shocked if he isn't gone by the end of the week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not healthy enough to dress for sunday, but healthy enough to go groping? Hand him his walking papers, please. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If it's true,he should be,and probably will be gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Hope Pats sign Buddy Farnham

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Well, you can kiss Edelman goodbye - or I at least hope we can. It was sexual asault, and he was supposedly groping a woman.  We don't need players like that on the team. Cut him immediately, please.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute.  This was EXACTLY the same charge Albert Hayesworth was facing for groping a Waitress.  All but maybe one or two of you blew it off as no big deal.  RUSTY CAN had a fit I said he shouldn't be on this team. 

Now all of a sudden it happens to a guy that doesn't play much and its --- bye bye.  To funny.  If this was Brady or Big Vince I wonder if you would be so quick, like with Hayesworth. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

rapelesberger got away with much worse

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

yeah hes also a starting QB and edleman is a backup Wr, thats how our country works, the more people like you, the worse things you can get away with.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Indecent assualt is basically "unwanted touching". 1:30am in a nightclub, probably drunk, maybe flirting with a girl and he went too far..who knows what the facts are, but lets see how it plays out. I wouldn't lump this in the same category as Rapelisburger. Not even close.

Whatever though, he's a meathead for getting himself into this situation. Not good to p!ss off BB and Kraft after a loss...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

sounds bad. id be surprised if he isnt cut

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I will wait to make judgement until the facts are revealed.  Anyone can be accused of anything. 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

True enough, and those in the public eye (and presumably with deep pockets) make for enticing targets. I can remember a time when a guy like this would have been simply slapped or taken outside (if, in fact, he did what is alleged). Of course, beyond the fact that Edelman is an NFL player and you probably wouldn't want to take him outside, we live in the age of the lawsuit and, when you let the lawyers run the show, the only people who win are . . .

Drum roll please . . .

the lawyers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

What a dick move! But I'll reserve judgement until a verdict is passed. One should also realize that there are people who do this to make money. Accuse a celebrity of something and hope to get some settlement out of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm disappointed.  Even though this kid hasn't played much lately I still was holding out hope to see him on the field.  Atleast he can return punts and when he stepped up to fill in for Welker when he was injured he did a pretty good job considering it was his first year as a wide receiver.  He's had some injury problems I know but I think he could contribute more to the team than say Ochostinko.  I know, that's not saying much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I will wait to make judgement until the facts are revealed.  Anyone can be accused of anything. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julian Edelman Arrested for Assault : Ouch.  Fandom rears its ugly head. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I thought Big Al was accused of 'asking' a waitress if he could stick a credit card in her blouse, she consented, and then he did....that's a bit different than putting your hand down a womans pants at a nightclub.  Both actions are wrong, but if you can't see a difference, you're not very bright.

UD6 - don't you have anything better to do than jump at the chance to rail on Pats fans?  0-8 season making you restless?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't see this being tolerated by Mr. Kraft. Do you really think he cares about the details? The damage to the Patriots name is already done and you can't take it away with a dismissal or not guilty verdict. Big bang clock (Merriweather) knows all too well about that.

After what happened Sunday in Pittsburgh, the fact he's out partying and the fact he hasn't been able to string together two good games for 2-3 years seals his fate.

Dog, the difference between this and AH is he wasn't on the team when it happened. 

He could have been grinding her for 10 straight songs and you still don't do that in the club..........if she's in you can do it at your house all night.
    Stupid  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Someone asked what he was doing out at a nightclub at 1:30 am.  My question is what was this girl doing out at a nightclub at 1:30 am?  Probably hoping to get more than just groped.  When she did and found out it was by a player for the Patriots well,  I'm sure she saw dollar signs.  Just saying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

BB and Kraft won't stand for this. He is gone and quickly. What is going on here with these players and women. Rob with his pics and now this? get your mind in the game and off that other crap people. Good now cut Ocho and call Randy.

Sections
Shortcuts