Nicely done, Edelman.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Re: Julian Edelman

Looks good for his first outing.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

This guy will be a stud. Very Welker like, but to pick him up so late in the draft, its a steal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I am telling you.

Galloway   Welker       Edelman  Moss

Most devastating 4-wide setup I can remember. The days of doubling Welker are O-V-A. Add Faulk in there, and it is lights out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

This kid has game.  He just add another option to the offence. 

The problem, if any, is going to be our Defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sophron. Show sophron's posts

This guy is gonna be money. He is definately a WW V2.0 which comes with the ability to throw a pass. Scary the possibilities this years Pat can accomplish on offense if most of the pieces stay healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

He is going to be fun to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

In Response to Re: Julian Edelman:
    I am telling you. Galloway   Welker       Edelman  Moss Most devastating 4-wide setup I can remember. The days of doubling Welker are O-V-A. Add Faulk in there, and it is lights out.
    Posted by zbellino

Exactly; we use that weapon on blitz happy teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Looks like a nice new toy for Belichick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I am telling you. Galloway   Welker       Edelman  Moss Most devastating 4-wide setup I can remember. The days of doubling Welker are O-V-A. Add Faulk in there, and it is lights out.
    Posted by zbellino

I concur.  It'll be tough for defenses to choose how to defend.  I think our attention has to be on our pass protection.  The Giants proved that it doesn't matter how many weapons an offense has if the quarterback is on his back all game. 

Otherwise, if they're healthy, they're unstoppable.  You can't shade to Moss's side of the field with Galloway stretching the other side, and you can't roll your coverage to Welker's side with Edelman in the other slot.  We haven't even seen Greg Lewis yet, and he was once a #1 receiver years back.  We've got at least 3 decent running backs and at least 4 decent tight ends, and I'm excited to see what this offense can do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think this team expanded its versatility on both sides of the ball. And overall depth on both lines. Rather than getting stars, they got quality backups so that injuries and breaks don't hurt performance.

And they picked up package specific players on the cheap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Hey Z,

It sounds like Tate has the quickness and change of direction to be a good slot receiver too, in addition to being a deep threat.

Tate could be even better than Edelman, though Edelman's getting a big head start.

I've heard Tate compared to Eddie Royal. Brady could make a lot of guys stars, I suppose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tate isn't playing this year right? I think Tate was more of a deep threat though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from James. Show James's posts

You guys are all nuts.  Reiss is nuts.  Come on, Reiss makes mistakes.  He's a writer, not a football guy.  He thought Fernando Bryant was the second coming of Ty Law . . . and he got cut before the season started.  He was high on Vince Redd.  Redd got cut.  I like Reiss' column/posts, but COME ON . . . the dude, Julian, hasn't even played a game yet.  It's obvious Reiss has a man-crush on him (like Michael Holley with Ellis Hobbs).  Have you guys even SEEN Edelman play?!  Been to a practice?  He's ok.  I wasn't wowed.  I thought Nunn was INCREDIBLE though . . . and Reiss had him almost last on the list.  So, don't get carried away here.  I agree that Edelman could be a Welker back-up, maybe, someday.  But I really think that Galloway and Lewis are going to be the 3 and 4 because they bring something DIFFERENT to the offense.  I think Edelman ends up on the practice squad.  Let's see how he does in the game tonight though . . . can't effin' wait (FINALLY!!! FOOTBALL!!).  Good discussion . . .
    Posted by khyzak81

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from James. Show James's posts

How you feelin now....nicely played

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinRichmond. Show JustinRichmond's posts

Hey everyone. I am a Cleveland native and actually just graduated from Kent State University, so I have fortunately gotten to watch Julian Edelman play every Saturday the past few years. First off, Kent is always known more of a basketball school than we were as a football school, but ironically enough we are the only school in NFL history to produce 2 NFL Defensive players of the year awards in Jack Lambert and 2008 winner James Harrison, not to mention pro-bowlers Antonio Gates and Josh Cribbs (who went undrafted). The reason I bring this up is because Julian Edelman will be the next Josh Cribbs. Both were play callers at Kent and Julian like Cribbs will be an impact player who will help in anyway he can on the field. Knowing Bellichick from his time in Cleveland, he loves this "Wes Welker" type of player. Edelman is very quick and is just a flatout play maker; a steal in the 7th round. His only limitations at Kent were his terrible O-line, and he tried to force a run often times and make a play. This mentality will suit him well as a special teams player immediately and hopefully as a WR in the near future. It's worth noting too that Edelman is a very smart quarterback in terms of his decision making with the football. Hope this personal insight helps. Glad he did so well tonight. Julian Edelman = Josh Cribbs Jr. Patiots landed a steal!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Hey Justin,

I hope they've been practicing the Wildcat with Edelman behind closed doors.

Edelman to Welker would be fun to watch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All Herm Edwards kept calling him was the Wes Welker clone! I can't stand to listen to the man drone on about how every player that did well like Babin and Baker were his players at one time!!I saw Burgess make a couple of plays nut Edelman was clearly one of the big stories along with Brady and Baker..Also the best defensive play was the pick by Butler.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Wow...the Pats player personnel department, Bill Belichick and even Mike Reiss are looking wicked smaht today. Like I said yesterday...Edelman is looking like a Welker/T.Brown hybrid, and you can't get much better than that. And Tommy Terrific is BACK!  The ball he placed in there to Moss for a pickup of 35 was vintage Brady...and the long ball to Moss that Asante got the PI call on was on the $$$.

Pats' D will only tighten up as the season progresses and the new guys learn the system.  This season is gonna be awesome!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Everytime I saw the little white guy on the field last night, I thought that I was watching Welker!  Edelman is good, real good.  I can't wait to see how he plays in the regular season.

Imagine him and Welker on the field together.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

He looked amazing, and brought an energy to the whole team....
    Don't see him getting much time in the offense in the regular season (when welker returns), but I see him making more of an impact in the return game....I'll say this right now, this kid makes this team.

You know who disapointed me last night was galloway. he looked lost and disinterested, and couldnt handle a brady fastball at the goal line. Not too impressive IMO.

Sections
Shortcuts