Julian Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: Julian Edelman

Talk about a Welker clone....do you think they projected that when they drafted him? If so, these guys have vision.   Actually he's a wee bit bigger than Welker both in height and weight.   But, quite frankly from afar they're clones.  Me thinks that if he makes the team we'll still need to keep perhaps 6WR's because you still need the field stretcher types to open it up for the short stuff.  Looks like the days of Slater may be over.....there are only so many roster spots and barring injury as of tday there will be 8-10 cuts that will be name guys.  Guys like Springs, Yates, O'Callahan, Tank Williams, DL will be interesting, etc maybe on the bubble.  Check out the roster....it will be tough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Julian Edelman:
    [QUOTE]1.  He's going to bust one kickoff return.  Way too mobile, a chipmunk among turtles. 2.  They'll take Welker out for a series and put Edelman in.  Not much dropoff.[/QUOTE]
    "Edelman is a serious candidate to the be No. 4 receiver, which he's shown throughout training camp." --Reiss/Gasper

I'm crossing these first two items off the list.  I didn't know they'd let Edelman handle punt returns too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

The Pats will seemingly merge from 3wr+te+rb to 4wr+rb to 5wr to 2wr+back+2te to 4te+rb to 3te+2wr and 2 or 3 others i got too tired to type without virtually any drop off in talent.  Add to that that they have 5 solid rb, 4 solid te's, and 5-6 solid wr's and this team is stacked on offensive skilled position players.  they have great depth at ol as well, but all that worries me on offense is brady's health(of coarse) and is the OL good enough.  They are deep, but are they good enough.  The WR, and TE's seem very exciting for sure.  Great depth in DL and Secondary as well.  Lets go OL and LB's, as it is time for you to step up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I guess Mike Reiss was right on thos one.  This guy will contribute this year on special teams, WR and who knows where else (emergency QB, Wildcat, RB/3rd down back).   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

"Looks like the days of Slater may be over....."

schwank,   I couldn't agree more. He really showed me nothing last year. He would need to turn things around and have a couple of very strong preseason games or he doesn't make the cut. He really seems to have very little explosivness on returns. He runs to straight ahead and seems to make no moves what so ever. This team is way too deep. I'm also wondering if Galloway will make the team. I know this is only the 1st preseason game, but I could see the Pats keeping an extra tight end this year with the talent they have in that area. He also could be an odd guy out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Read Reiss's last post ... Slater started on all 4 special teams units.  Aiken too.  They both make the team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

This kid is a stud. I know it was only one preseason game but he could end up being the steal of the 09 draft. BB knows what he's doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Could he be better than Pat White?  It will be interesting to find out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The kid played like a Wes Welker clone...at least for last night. If this guy is half the player Welker is, the Pats have themselves quite a find.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruschiFan4Life. Show BruschiFan4Life's posts

Figures--we met him at camp on Monday and he used our pen to sign 10 autographs before having to leave without signing ours.  He was wearing a nice bible verse on his wrist though.  Seemed like a nice young man--small, but hoping he does well...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

In Response to Re: Julian Edelman:
    [QUOTE]Read Reiss's last post ... Slater started on all 4 special teams units.  Aiken too.  They both make the team. 
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw him make a nice tackle also.  I was watching through JustinTV before it just froze.