Julian Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Julian Edelman

Does anyone know the extent of Julian's injury?  I wonder if he could be another Wes Welker some day??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Julian Edelman

Thought he broke his arm in the Tennesee game.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Thanks - so he may make it back to help us down the stretch run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Broken arms can have varying degrees of severity.  Some could heal in a month some could keep you out for the season.  I havent heard anything on Edelmen.  This is a good question.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

There are so many questions about injuries this week. Julian, Matt Light, Sammy Morris. I hate/love that they never tell anyone what's going on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I'll let you know as soon as I read the transcript from BB last press conference.  I'm sure he mentions the prognosis some where in it.  Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully45. Show RTSully45's posts

Mike Reiss seems to think he may be back for the Colts game.

Just in time to unviel the WildPat formation! (my prediction, not Mike's)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Julian Edelman:
    [QUOTE]Mike Reiss seems to think he may be back for the Colts game. Just in time to unviel the WildPat formation! (my prediction, not Mike's)
    Posted by RTSully45[/QUOTE]
    The Colts would be a pretty good choice for the WildPat.  They don't stop runs well to begin with, and then they wear down early. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Julian Edelman:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know the extent of Julian's injury?  I wonder if he could be another Wes Welker some day??
    Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE]

looks like it so far to me, plus he has the extra weapon of being a QB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]I'll let you know as soon as I read the transcript from BB last press conference.  I'm sure he mentions the prognosis some where in it. 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Good point Max. His press conferences are so very informative :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Broken arms can have varying degrees of severity.  Some could heal in a month some could keep you out for the season.  I havent heard anything on Edelmen.  This is a good question.
    Posted by JBonesky[/QUOTE]

If it were severe, they would have put him on IR - case in point last year with AT..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julian Edelman : If it were severe, they would have put him on IR - case in point last year with AT..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

I did not see him placed on IR so I thought the same.  This kid can do many things and all pretty darn well.  Troy Brown ish????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

aiken is better,tate will have gotten better,and edelman will just be in as a 4th,or 5th receiver set.we wont see much,if any wildcat from the pats.miami runs the wildcat as there base playbook schemes.it is what they are,and do.other teams may throw a trick play in there schemes,possibly a wilcat play,but they may only do it once,or twice the whole year.its not who they are,or what they do.moss,and welker are clicking.so im not worried.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]aiken is better,tate will have gotten better,and edelman will just be in as a 4th,or 5th receiver set.we wont see much,if any wildcat from the pats.miami runs the wildcat as there base playbook schemes.it is what they are,and do.other teams may throw a trick play in there schemes,possibly a wilcat play,but they may only do it once,or twice the whole year.its not who they are,or what they do.moss,and welker are clicking.so im not worried.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I see Julian as Wes Wellker replacement when Wes is injuried or moves on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Edelman had some injuries this summer and now the broken arm. Do you really want a guy of his stature playing between the tackles in the NFL? I could see Edelman having dynamic playmaking ability back there. I could also see him getting killed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

???
    He is 6-0 @ 200 ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Edelman is about 3-4 inches taller and about 15lbs heavier than Welker, so I dont get what u are saying at all.  It makes no sense. 

[QUOTE]Edelman had some injuries this summer and now the broken arm. Do you really want a guy of his stature playing between the tackles in the NFL? I could see Edelman having dynamic playmaking ability back there. I could also see him getting killed.
    Posted by heisthejuan[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Don't really know if this could work or not, but hey he has already made the switch from QB to receiver. Does anyone think he could be used as a third down back? I realize we have Faulk but he is getting older and Edleman is on the books for four years I believe. He is the same size as Faulk I think, maybe an inch or two taller. Could learn blitz pickup over a few years and would be able to run the draw play that Faulk does so well over time. Some people are going to call me an idiot for suggesting this, I know, but think of the mismatches. Really tough to put a LB on him, And if you go to a lighter package and put a DB on the field to cover, then DB depth gets worse for our 3 and 4 receiver sets.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying ya know

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

[QUOTE]Don't really know if this could work or not, but hey he has already made the switch from QB to receiver. Does anyone think he could be used as a third down back? I realize we have Faulk but he is getting older and Edleman is on the books for four years I believe. He is the same size as Faulk I think, maybe an inch or two taller. Could learn blitz pickup over a few years and would be able to run the draw play that Faulk does so well over time. Some people are going to call me an idiot for suggesting this, I know, but think of the mismatches. Really tough to put a LB on him, And if you go to a lighter package and put a DB on the field to cover, then DB depth gets worse for our 3 and 4 receiver sets. I'm not saying, I'm just saying ya know
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]

I'm not calling you an idiot, but I don't see this happening.  Right now I view him as Welker's backup, he basically looks like another Welker on the field.  That being said if the Pats were to ever employ the wildcat, he would be the guy in the backfield.  This may be something that the Pats consider next year, but for this season he needs to focus on learning how to pick apart zones and run clean routes.  Next off-season he can start working on getting timing with receivers to run the wild cat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from viennafan. Show viennafan's posts

Julian himself says he is not 6 feet but 5'10. He is so athletic ...we all hope he comes back this winter. i never saw anything on how long he may be out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

A broken arm is one of those injuries that you can possibly put a cast on it.  How about 6 weeks for a running back but only 4 weeks for a wide receiver?  Just hoping.  Give Edelman one week to be a "doubtful", which means "out" in BB parlance, so probably the Jets game at best?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julian Edelman : I see Julian as Wes Wellker replacement when Wes is injuried or moves on.
    Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE] its possible,its just when he does get back,he will have lost time from tate,and aiken.if these guys really play well,edelman will have dropped down on the ladder,and you may see him in the line up here,and there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

[QUOTE]A broken arm is one of those injuries that you can possibly put a cast on it.  How about 6 weeks for a running back but only 4 weeks for a wide receiver?  Just hoping.  Give Edelman one week to be a "doubtful", which means "out" in BB parlance, so probably the Jets game at best?
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Depending on the severity of the break I'm more inclined to say that there's a quicker recovery time for a defensive player that either RB or WR.  And RB's could play more easily with a cast than a WR, since a WR needs to catch the ball, while I RB could just take hand-offs / get in the way of defenders.

Sections
Shortcuts