Julius Peppers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Julius Peppers?

I know many of you were opposed to getting Peppers here because of various reasons? What were those again. I recall something about him not fitting into our system and his effort wasn't always there.

So far, he's an absolute monster and seems to be going full-speed. I guess that could change any moment now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Julius Peppers?

Yeah, Peppers is a keeper. I never really get concerned with salary when it comes to players like that because it's not coming out of my pocket. However, I think the Pats don't exactly look at contracts that way.
    I think Cunningham might have potential on the outside. If seemed to show up for a couple plays which isn't bad considering he missed most of his training camp. He won't be Peppers though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Peppers 13 mil a year, 30 yr old, OLB experience 0, 2010 Sacks 1, tackles 3
    Cunningham about 800k, 22 yr old, OLB experience 0, 2010 Sacks 0, tackles 3
    also he's on the field most of the snaps, Cunningham has not.  Peppers is playing in what he knows a 43 and stats still not great.  I get the whole he makes guys around him better but he is one guy.  He is the bear's coaching staff trying to win know to save jobs.

yeah that 13 mil a year really paying off, not taking any from Peppers he is a freak but really?

I like Cunningham and he will get better, I was very against Peppers n a Pats uniform and still am.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It has something to do with the direction the team is going in, youth.  It's a little deeper than just youth, it's transistion as well.  You have a team with a lot of needs so it's going to take time to fix this thing.  A signing of a player like Peppers is if you're a player or two away and you want to make a run for it now.  I'm not going to pay a high salary to a guy while the team is mediocre.  I'm paying for a guy to get to the SB and win the thing. 

It has something to do with the system he's in, 4/3 vs. 3/4.  This would be a real problem.  Philosophically Bill likes the 3/4.  I think it's obvious that Peppers comfort zone is in the 4/3. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Julius Peppers?:
    [QUOTE]Pats7393 I wouldn't have paid Peppers that much money either but crunching tackles and sacks numbers is stupid. Seymour never had eye popping stats and was very dominate for  mulitple years. Peppers has had a massive impact on the game. He single handidly cause 3-5 false starts and had mulitple pressures in last nights game alone and also blocked a FG. That's like saying the Raiders corner Nnamdi Asomugha isn't good because he has no stats....they threw at him less than 2 times a game last year which is insane. Butler has been targeted almost that many in 3 games.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Seymour played a different role peppers would had played in NE.  Compare players in similar roles, not the same.  A CB doesn't have balls thrown to him but Peppers is on the line coming on just about every play.  Said I took nothing from the guy just don't think 13 mil a year is worth it for that one guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

I'm far more upset about the Pats letting the Jets get Antonio Cromartie for a 2nd roung pick.  With all the draft picks the Pats already have, making that same trade or even giving a 2nd and 3rd to SD would have been a great move to make.  It would have insured against an injury to Bodden and given McCourty a chance to ease his way into the NFL instead of having to start him right away.  Not to mention potentially giving Butler and co. more bench time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

we were in a 4-3 for almost 70% of the snaps against the bills and they gashed us for over 5 ypc, we had one sack and it was by our inside linebacker.  We have an offense that can win it all RIGHT NOW.  I'd take peppers in a heart beat. I don't think our D would be dominant with him on it right now but we certinly would be better. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

Peppers is Not worth it...Bodden long term is better than Cromartie!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BitBenClot. Show BitBenClot's posts

See if him earn all that money allthru the contrac. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

You STILL haven't let that go?!

Man, time to move one.

What's that they say about crying over spilled milk?

And I don't like Cromartie at all. Sure, 2 picks...hey, so does Merriweather! He must be good, too, right? Cromartie has been getting torched since week 1, and covering up for it with late picks. And his 43 kids with 29 women...gimme a break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Did you see JP drop into coverage? he looked slow and lost chasing the RBs out the backfield. He would have had alot more of that in NE as an OLBer than as an DE in Chicago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Julius Peppers?:
    [QUOTE]You STILL haven't let that go?! Man, time to move one. What's that they say about crying over spilled milk? And I don't like Cromartie at all. Sure, 2 picks...hey, so does Merriweather! He must be good, too, right? Cromartie has been getting torched since week 1, and covering up for it with late picks. And his 43 kids with 29 women...gimme a break.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I have but given what I saw yesterday, I wanted to know why it wasn't a good move to bring him in. I'm glad we're sticking to youth.

Sections
Shortcuts