Julius Peppers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Julius Peppers

I know that the deal for Julius Peppers died this off season, but could they make a trade before the deadline for Peppers?  I saw something on ESPN about it.  What do you guys think?  This could be a big deal if it would go through.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Julius Peppers

In Response to Julius Peppers:
    [QUOTE]I know that the deal for Julius Peppers died this off season, but could they make a trade before the deadline for Peppers?  I saw something on ESPN about it.  What do you guys think?  This could be a big deal if it would go through.
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

they don't have $16 M in cap space

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I saw that too !!!!! If they are they need to pull the trigger and they have to free up some money. I thought they would have done it by now if they were going too.Unless he agrees to redo his deal I don't see this happening for the franchise amount.........16 million a year is Brady money and he has never played a snap for the Patriots............For a weird reason I would like to see it but I don't think it happens................We will kill the Titans and Brady has his break out game.........38-17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i live in carolina...
    HE IS A BUM!  he doesnt care enough to give 100% EVER!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Julius Peppers is a good player , not a great player,shows up sometimes and others he does not. I also live in North Carolina.Peppers is over ratted here because he is from here. He is looking to get 10mil a year and he is not worth it. There is no way he will ever be a Patriot,all you have to do is look at the list of free agents on the Pats next year. The list includes Wilfork and Mankins, which either are more valuable then Peppers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Re: Julius Peppers:
    [QUOTE]i live in carolina... HE IS A BUM!  he doesnt care enough to give 100% EVER!
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

A change of scenery could be just what he needs.........Dillon was a "bum " as was Moss. Who would have thought he would come here let alone be a team captain.....winning cures all............and we have done alot of that in the last decade.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

They can keep Peppers.  The guy isn't worth the money he wants or the money he gets. 

The Pats have much better things to do with their cap space/money - Resigning Mankins and Wilfork, picking up key free agents in the offseason, resigning other key parts to the team. 

One guy isn't going to change the team's output, unless they got Jared Allen or brought in LT in his prime, and i'm not talking about Ladanian Tomlinson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

I hope so, the pass rush is awful from base defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

no thank you to julius peppers... carolina can keep him...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

if theres anything we need, its an established RB (i.e. Steven Jackson)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

He thinks he's worth more than he plays. If they're going for a mid season trade go for Jackson or Lynch. No doubt a change of scenery would help but I agree with Fowler, he's a bum and won't be worth the money long term.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]if theres anything we need, its an established RB (i.e. Steven Jackson)
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

I saw Mike Florio mention Jackson to the Pats as something that should at least be considered.  The more I think about it the more it seems like it'd be a great deal.  He's had 2 pretty bad years so his value is low compared to what he is, and the Rams won't be contenders anytime while he's still in his prime, they'd be better off trading for picks and really start rebuilding

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julius Peppers : I saw Mike Florio mention Jackson to the Pats as something that should at least be considered.  The more I think about it the more it seems like it'd be a great deal.  He's had 2 pretty bad years so his value is low compared to what he is, and the Rams won't be contenders anytime while he's still in his prime, they'd be better off trading for picks and really start rebuilding
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Jackson would give us exactly what we don't have in Maroney. Someone who can hit the gap with speed and follow it up with size. He's exactly what TB needs to keep the heat off. If we could make this work without giving up an important pick it'd be awesome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julius Peppers : Jackson would give us exactly what we don't have in Maroney. Someone who can hit the gap with speed and follow it up with size. He's exactly what TB needs to keep the heat off. If we could make this work without giving up an important pick it'd be awesome.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Yea, plus he's great catching the ball out of the backfield.  I'm not sure what it would take, sending Maroney(as a temp replacement for him) and maybe two 2nds?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julius Peppers : Yea, plus he's great catching the ball out of the backfield.  I'm not sure what it would take, sending Maroney(as a temp replacement for him) and maybe two 2nds?
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people keep bringing this up.  We have Burgess already who is a 4-3 end and HE can't even get to the QB!  I think our Defensive scheme STINKS!  LT wouldn't get to the QB in our Defensive scheme.  Peppers makes too much and doesn't know how to play OLB in a 3-4.  You don't make a trade mid-season and hope to teach a guy a new position. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julius Peppers : I don't know why people keep bringing this up.  We have Burgess already who is a 4-3 end and HE can't even get to the QB!  I think our Defensive scheme STINKS!  LT wouldn't get to the QB in our Defensive scheme.  Peppers makes too much and doesn't know how to play OLB in a 3-4.  You don't make a trade mid-season and hope to teach a guy a new position. 
    Posted by theshinez[/QUOTE]

So your saying you wouldn't want to see a mid season trade that brings Jackson over for Maroney and one second round pick?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Colvin and A.D. should have taught the Pats how these deals end up.  And it looks like Peppers isn't living up to his 17m per year in Carolina.  Be happy the Pats never made a deal for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julius Peppers : A change of scenery could be just what he needs.........Dillon was a "bum " as was Moss. Who would have thought he would come here let alone be a team captain.....winning cures all............and we have done alot of that in the last decade.........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

My friend ,Dillion was a talented RB on a awfull team. Moss was one of the best to ever play...Peppers was domanated by a rookie in Carolinas playoff lose at home to the Cardnials. If we sign Peppers,what free agent should we let walk? Wilfork? Mankins? Get real bro. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the only way i could see this get done would be peppers redoing his contract during the trade.