Junior Seau Found Dead in His Home

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Junior Seau Found Dead in His Home

sad news.....great guy and great player

R.I.P JUNIOR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloedancer65. Show Chloedancer65's posts

Sad sad news, to know that doing that was better than living really hits you! Strange that the timing was today when Goodell announced penalties for "bounty gate" and the reaction from some of the players was that the penalty was too strict, not sure they could say that now! This is the result of head trama. I feel for his family, the NFL really has to make the sport safer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

So sad to see such a giant fall. I wish he could have found the help he needed before doing this. RIP Junior.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Thank Seau for spending some part of his career with the Pats. May he now find peace. Condolence to his family.

He came so close in 2007-2008 season to get the Super Bowl winner ring he so long pursued. He was so crushed when it slipped away at the very end. It will be a great gesture if the Pats organization makes him a honorary member of the team if the Pats go to the Super Bowl this year. And give his family a ring should the Pats win it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

R.I.P Junior. You will be missed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Very Sad.  R.I.P Junior Seau, may peace and comfort find it's way to the Seau family at this difficult time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Saw Jr's mom on tv earlier.
    God, is she upset.  Asked God to take her instead.  Poor, poor lady.
    Just awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Junior Seau Found Dead in His Home:
    [QUOTE]Saw Jr's mom on tv earlier. God, is she upset.  Asked God to take her instead.  Poor, poor lady. Just awful.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

ESPN needs to take that off.....It is horrible to watch....Not the time to play that when she is in such a fragile state....They should not have allowed her to speak....She needs her privacy and time to grieve

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

RIP Junior--now all you have left behind will wonder what they could have done to stop this violent act on yourself--your family , friends, teammates, . Your Mother sobbing, and pleading to take her. the players shocked and saddened left wondering--could they have done something to stop this-- so many feeling gulity right now. RIP Junior--but my heart goes out to those you left behind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

All of patriots nation that visit sthis board, we should have a moment of silence for junior seau tomorrow at 5:55 PM. I think you guys can figure out why that time would be appropriate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Hard to find the words for Junior's death. He brought such great energy, spirit, and determination to the game as a Patriot. I hope his family can find comfort in one another. Difficult loss.
    R.I.P. Junior.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Tragic,simply Tragic!He was a great player and a better human being

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Via a team statement, Patriots owner Robert Kraft offered the following reflection on former linebacker Junior Seau on Wednesday evening: 

"Every day, Junior Seau greeted his teammates and coaches with an energetic ‘Hey, Buddy!’ It was genuine, enthusiastic and backed by his radiant smile. For four seasons, after every game he played, he would always find me in the locker room just to give me a big hug and squeeze tighter than anyone I remember. It was one of the many things I enjoyed about him. He was passionate about football and always spoke with great conviction. He may have been one of the most charismatic Patriots player in franchise history. I loved listening to him when he addressed an audience. I will never forget presenting him with his AFC Championship ring at Seau’s Restaurant in San Diego before our game against the Chargers in 2008. It was a memorable moment shared by both Patriots and Chargers fans, who that day celebrated pregame together as Junior Seau fans. He was beloved in his hometown of San Diego and quickly became a fan favorite in New England. Today, the fans of the teams for which Junior played – San Diego, Miami and New England – lost more than a legendary football player. We lost our ‘Buddy.’ My thoughts and prayers are with his family and I extend my sincere condolences to his many friends and former teammates."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Junior Seau Found Dead in His Home : ESPN needs to take that off.....It is horrible to watch....Not the time to play that when she is in such a fragile state....They should not have allowed her to speak....She needs her privacy and time to grieve
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I also saw her on ESPN.  They really shouldn't be showing any of it.  She is obviously in shock and really needs time to grieve.   Just a sad day for his family.  RIP, Junior. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Disbelief. I was shocked to see it come across the bottom of the sports ticker screen. Immediately hit rewind. Just shocking. Loved his play and attitude. He will be missed. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Junior Seau Found Dead in His Home : You are right.  I also saw her on ESPN.  They really shouldn't be showing any of it.  She is obviously in shock and really needs time to grieve.   Just a sad day for his family.  RIP, Junior. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I saw it on the local evening news in Dallas, Not ESPN.  Horrible!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

RIP Junior, and may god bless.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Wow.....Is all I can say to this video of him from 4/14 USC Spring Game......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This is a shame.  May his family be comforted.

I'm sorry for his mother.  She really shouldn't be paraded on camera in all her grief.  If you happen to be considering your own suicide you really shouldn't go through with it.

People have trouble living after football.  Take away a man's work and you take most of his life away.

Football really injures many players for life.  Some have nonfunctioning brains similar to Muhammad Ali.  Some have terrible joint arthritis.  Some turn to Oxycontin and get into further trouble.  We could have football without the lifetime crippling of human beings, and most fans would still watch.  Furthermore, ex-players would no longer sue the NFL perpetually for medical bills, for pain and suffering.  Maybe an owner would get wise someday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

As you can see I used a picture of Jr. and Coach as my avatar.  I always liked the raging Samoan with a huge heart.  I cant imagine what pain pushed him to take his life.  He carried the burden of a huge heart and I believe that made the pain that much harder to bear.  I feel more saddness over his passing in this manner than I have ever felt for a famous athlete passing.  He always had a smile and great attitude.  Thats why I am so confused to what he went through to have to take his own life.  I can only say that his soul is now in a better place that is very different than a life in a human body.  He used his body to excel at a sport he loved and we all benefited from it.  So, thank you very much for everything Jr. Seau I very much appreciate it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Remembering Junior: Seau's legacy extends well beyond his NFL feats

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

R.I.P. 55

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

This is terrible news, let us know if his condition changes. Obviously he felt the alternative of life was what he desired. Lets hope he is at rest and peace.
    Frown

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]This is terrible news, let us know if his condition changes. Obviously he felt the alternative of life was what he desired. Lets hope he is at rest and peace.
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

"If his condition changes"  What?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

2012 Rules=8 Million Dollar Penalty + "Dirty Player" Placard for Life.

But onto the sobering subject at hand...

Svx.  Archetypes, Statues, and The Heros we place on pedestals because of they've persevered through greater turmoils than most, and conquered the way towards loftier triumphs and successes than your average man in whatever field their great successes lie therein....Well- They're human too.  We forget that.  The people surrounding them often forget that...  Even THEY, forget that.  Often times during that inevitable downslope off such incredibly lofty heights, It's bumpier, tougher, and far more exacting in the end- simply because far less people are around to help on that less-worn path you're now taking down.

...perhaps a fitting analogy really is the notion that they're a statue made of stone...the great majority of the rest of us being composed from wood, or something as such.  Wood'll warp quicker, break easier, and be far less permanant...and less regarded in worth of equal substance in comparison.  But you tilt that statue off that highest of pedastals they're on- And that thing's gonna smash into smitherens...  We never, Ever, Seem to be able remember this, time & time again when an icon's struggling, right up and through to the unfortunate end.

Sorry Junior.  The rest is silence...  Rest easy man.