Just a hunch (WR)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Just a hunch (WR)

I don't think that the Pats' apparent interest in receivers regarding pre-draft visits is just about making other teams think that they're interested in receivers.

I think they're trying to raise suspicion that Welker won't be back in time.
    (I think he will, and I think they're trying to catch people by surprise)

Just thought I'd go on the record.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Just a hunch (WR)

Could be but I also think that they have a legitimate on selecting a wide receiver if the right guy is available at when they select. I would be actually be shocked if they didn't select Dez if he falls to 22. Just my 2 cents.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think they are going to draft a WR no matter what is going on with WW.  That is what they are trying to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

If the Patriots had been worried about Walker, they would have signed Reed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Just a hunch (WR):
    Could be but I also think that they have a legitimate on selecting a wide receiver if the right guy is available at when they select. I would be actually be shocked if they didn't select Dez if he falls to 22. Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

can't see him lasting to 22. but there is a anothe WR named Dez that is graded pretty high that would be a good choice

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-round-input:1/dt-by-position-input:wr

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i think they go for Riley Cooper in the 4th round [URBAN MAYER CONNECTION]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't think that's true. They seem to be high on Tate but that has never prevented them from drafting or signing quality guys in the past. When they had Branch, Givens, and Brown they still went after Derrick Mason very aggressively. Their TE situation also shows this to be true. Even though they had Graham, they drafted Watson. Last year they give up draft picks for Alex Smith even though they had Watson, Baker, and Thomas (whom they then traded). I think they draft less based on need (to an extent) and more based on quality.

I can see a WR round 2, and I actually think it's more likely than a TE. I have no clue who it could be but there are several promising guys out there.

In Response to Re: Just a hunch (WR) : They already have Tate. If they think Tate is going to be good, they will not draft a WR with the first four picks. They need OLB, DL, OL and TE. I would be surprised if one of the first four picks is RB or TE.  Fans always want the skill position drafted but BB likes "working guys" like Brace and Chung.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

"If the Patriots had been worried about Walker, they would have signed Reed."

It's WELKER you idiot. Honestly, how do you even make that mistake? ANYONE who follows the Pats knows it is Welker. And I'm not buying it was a misprint...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

Reed isn't even any good. I mean he's decent, but not on Welker's level. More comparable to a #3 guy like Jabar Gaffney.

If they could get Lee Evans or Dwayne Bowe, however...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I don't think that's true. They seem to be high on Tate but that has never prevented them from drafting or signing quality guys in the past. In Response to Re: Just a hunch (WR) :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

you refering to golden tate? if so where have you read anything that says the Pats are high on him? I don't think he's even visited foxborough

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They need a reciever. Edelman dropped some easy passes last year, because he is just learning the position. He hopefully will be better, but he was like fine china in college and here as well last year. I'm not buying that Tate is going to be a world beater this year based of a reverse, a go route(incomplete), one 12 yard out and 4 productive weeks of reciever in college. It's very bare there and tight end, running back, olb, de....Thanks Pioli for all the great years of drafting. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

"If the Patriots had been worried about Walker, they would have signed Reed." It's WELKER you idiot. Honestly, how do you even make that mistake? ANYONE who follows the Pats knows it is Welker. And I'm not buying it was a misprint...
    Posted by Freeway555

RELAX.. before so much blood rushes to your head that you pop a vessel resulting in an ability to do anything without a little blue pill.....

YEP it is WELKER, but mistakes happen... as long as it is not a COlts or Charger fan making them we can all accept them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

No Brandon Tate (the guy who's actually on the team). Kraft spoke about him earlier this offseason. 

I'm not too high on Golden Tate, but I'm sure the Pats would have a little info on him due to the Weis effect.

In Response to Re: Just a hunch (WR) : you refering to golden tate? if so where have you read anything that says the Pats are high on him? I don't think he's even visited foxborough
    Posted by kansaspatriot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I doubt very seriously that the Patriots will draft a Slot Receiver early in this draft,they would have interest in a stretch receiver someone who can open the field up for the slot receiver and TE and keep the doubles off of Moss.If they are looking for a possession receiver the best available receiver is Decker or maybe Reed from Utah. If they were looking for a slot they would have simply signed Josh Reed of the Bills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

dezmon briscoe... mmm mmm good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

The PATS are preparing a for a future w/out Welker , at least one where hes not the same guy because he wont be. It amazes that some people actually think he'll be the same guy. Hes never going to be the same guy , just get that in your head , the PATS have , you should to. Listen I love him as much as the next , but we have/can and will succeed w/out him. Im a physical therapist/trainer/ and S.C.C and work with people w/ these injuries often. Ive work w/  probablly close to 50 people who haved had the same injuriy , ACL/MCL and its not fun. Granted Im 28 and have had only had 8 years experience in this field , but as I said Ive worked w/ a number of these injuries and am constantly (seriously) trying to learn and be the best I can be at my job. Im not going to go in detail as I have before ( I wrote a pretty big thread some months ago ) , but no-one is ever the same...nobody. And while rehabbing and working out to make a comeback the worst thing you can do is make sudden/explosive/quick cuts or movements. Even after all the endless rehabbing , after the countless hours of stretching/lifting/running , this still holds true. And we all know how WW makes his living and what makes him great. I expect WW to be back this year , Im guessing November and he'll be about 65-70% of his new self that is about 80-85% of his old self LOL. Listen this isnt my opinion , this is fact , once you have an injury of that magnitude a person will never return to their previous athletic capibility. You can come close and many do , but your not the same.
     Something else I want to address is the notion that WW is the end all/be all. Yes he was a great player and played a huge part on this team , but life will go on. Lets not get confused here , WW was a product of our system. And by system I mean playing w/ a top 5 all time QB , top 3 all time receiver and a top 5 all time coach. Yea he didnt play on the best team in Miami , but as a receiver he didnt do chit there. The receiver position is an extremely dependent , but great players perform wherever they are and whoever they play w/. If your that good teams will get you the ball. Listen Im not trying to bash the guy , but its not that hard to understand what happened. Last year Edelman stepped right up when need and hardly missed a beat. The problem w/ our O is that we dont have one. We depended so much on 12/81 that we forgot to build a legitimate attack. LOL we might be the only team in the league that has only ONE REAL scoring threat...Moss! If hes not putting 6 on the board than no-one does , its that simple...and sad. We have no running game despite having 4 backs , no other real threat from the receiving position rec/t.e. Ive been screaming about getting Marshal since the end of the year and still believe we should , even if we have to use the 22nd pick. I still believe the Broncos will part w/ him for a high 2nd. 1 or 2 , if thats all it took it would be a steal! Hes a top 5 rec. in the prime of his career who can do everything from running 9 routes , short slants , deep post , slugos etc and can put up 6. Moss has 3 more years left of 12-16 TDs and 1/1100 yards reguardless of where he plays out his final years. Even if its only for a year a Moss/Marshall/Edelman receiving corp would do serious damage. This team has needed someone to play the X position of 3 years now and Marshall might be the best all around receiver in the game and would fit in perfect here. Moss at flanker , Marshall playing X and Edelman in the slot would be the best rec. corp since the 98' Vikes/99' Rams.
     If your talking about grabbing someone in the draft then IMHO theres slim pickings. Im about to thread on why I dont think this draft is nearly as deep as all you guys like to believe. And I believe that holds true w/ this receiver class. Unlike most on here I actually do my homework and dont just listen to Mike Mayock and Mike Lombardi , even if they do know what their talking about..and they do. Dez Bryant is regarded as the best of the upcoming class. Obviously very gifted from a physical standpoint and I dont believe he's the headcase some are making him out to be. I dont even know where that comes from? He was late for a game , forgot his shoes , met w/ Prime for dinner and...what exactly? Seriously , what makes him a headcase? Again most of you just dont have a clue. Ive got a challenge out there to debate anyone who believes that this is such a deep draft. And unless someone comes up w/ some real info. on what makes him a headcase , Im calling BS about that too. What worries me about Bryant is actually his on the field play , not the fake off the field BS. Despite his pro-day workout at OSU Bryant has shown no ability at all to play and make plays inside the hash marks.  Plus he will sometimes advertise his routes coming in/out of his breaks. Add that to the fact that most college receivers dont play against press coverage , man coverage and you have some of the reasons why the receiver position might be the toughest to make the jump from college to pros. D. Thomas is another guy that has been making noise , LOL people on TV/radio start to talk him up and all of a sudden hes on everyones wish list. Especially on here the last couple weeks , look back about two months ago and no-one had him nor was anyone on here excited about him. Like Bryant , maybe even more so , Thomas has tons of physical gifts. Again after watching this guy the last couple years I seen some things that concern me. Just like Bryant he has shown no ability to makes plays inside the numbers. Thats a huge problem alot of people have w/ the spread. But even more than Bryant , Thomas was extremely limited in terms of route running and the type of routes he ran. Seriously , throughout his entire college career Thomas ran two routes , a deep post and go routes. Theres no way Id even consider taking him at 22 , not a chance. Bryant , well thats a different story , but still a hard one , seriously , at 22 you want someone who can come right in and be a playmaker. Both of these guys are extremely risky IMHO. Im being completely serious when I say that I have more faith in a guy like Eric Decker from Minnesota. Hes not running away from anyone , but has more than enough speed to make it in the NFL. In fact his 40 time isnt far off from Bryants at all. He catches everything thrown at him , played in a pro-style O , has the size (6 3'/215) you want in a rec. and like I said he has more than enough speed to make it. Im also very high on Golden Tate , Id even put him in the class w/ Bryant and see no reason not to. Williams from USC is another guy worth looking at in the second round. Other prospects that we can grab in the later rounds include Gilyard , Lafell , Briscoe , Ford , Shipley , Ford , Holliday and McCluster. Holliday is one of the fastest guys to ever play college football , hes only 5'5" , but this kid is going to play NFL ball , he just needs a little help in terms of position , situation etc. One other guy a really like is Freddie Barnes from Bowling Green. This kid really impressed me while watching him , hes smart , tough , versatile and IMHO will be a very good slot receiver in the NFL for many years to come. Since  he will be in the slot in the NFL his stock wont go very high in terms of the draft , but theres not many guys coming out that are better w/ the ball in their hands. Id love for us to pick him up in the 4th/5th round.