Just a quick question

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Just a quick question

I would have taken Bobby Boucher, he would have been an animal on defense and special teams.  I would have also liked to see Rod Tidwell, not afraid to go in the middle but he would have been a shorter receiver and the Pats have enough of them already unless of course Welker gets traded and then Tidwell could have taken his spot.  Trumain would have also been a good choice as he is a ball hawk and could lead the league in int's. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was really hoping for Wolfe, but since he was taken before #48 Reyes, Josh Robinson, or Curry would have been nice. Though if they took Curry then they wouldn't have taken Bequette... hrm. Actually to be honest I was hoping they would trade back #48 for a 3rd and 4th and used #62 because I didn't see a ton of talent at #48. But, if they couldn't find a trade partner then Reyes or Robinson or actually maybe Bentley too

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Josh Robinson was the only guy I wanted at #48 but I too wanted them to trade back for a 3rd and 5th at least.  Funny thing on Tavon Wilson, I didn't know who he was but my cousin reminded me we saw him play against Michigan last year and he recovered a fumble that Whitney Mercilus caused in a sack. He also had a couple very good plays where he tackled the RB Touisant (sp) for little or no gain where if he had not it would have been a huge gain. Also caught him from behind once so I think he is a good player I was just suprised BB took him there, but if he felt someone else wanted him and they might lose out on him I am ok with them taking him there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Just a quick question:
    [QUOTE]I would have taken Bobby Boucher, he would have been an animal on defense and special teams.  I would have also liked to see Rod Tidwell, not afraid to go in the middle but he would have been a shorter receiver and the Pats have enough of them already unless of course Welker gets traded and then Tidwell could have taken his spot.  Trumain would have also been a good choice as he is a ball hawk and could lead the league in int's. 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Terry Tate, Office Linebacker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g91wjVxVn5E&feature=related

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

See, no one can agree on one name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I would have taken Trumaine Johnson because I thought he was the best DB left on the board. Or I would have taken Kendal Reyes because he was the best player left on the board for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I was really hoping for Wolfe, but since he was taken before #48 Reyes, Josh Robinson, or Curry would have been nice. Though if they took Curry then they wouldn't have taken Bequette... hrm. Actually to be honest I was hoping they would trade back #48 for a 3rd and 4th and used #62 because I didn't see a ton of talent at #48. But, if they couldn't find a trade partner then Reyes or Robinson or actually maybe Bentley too
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for Wolfe too, once he went off the board I bet the pats had to go to plan B. In all honesty I think the pats ended up having to go to plan D when they ended up selecting Wilson. It's funny, but when fans say...obviously this was the guy they wanted all along, they don't realize that sometimes it's more a matter of you are down to your third option. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a quick question : Terry Tate, Office Linebacker... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g91wjVxVn5E&feature=related
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

That's got to be a tough place to go to work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a quick question : Terry Tate, Office Linebacker... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g91wjVxVn5E&feature=related
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]
    Good one!  I forgot all about him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would have traded up in rd 1 and taken Smith, not Hightower, opening up numerous possibilities in rd 2. Pats were forced to take a S in RD 2 and Wilson was a top their board. 
    I have heard the Pats had a 3rd/4th rd on Wilson, but were afraid another team would get him.
    I like Hightower, but thought a lot of guys available in the 2nd rd could do what Hightower can do. Big drop off from Smith to Wilson IMO 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Just a quick question:
    [QUOTE] Who do you think Bill should have drafted in round 2?
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]

The kid he drafted. In BB I trust

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That guy who 2 years from know will give the hater's an excuse to rip BB for not taking his perennial All Pro azz.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Was hoping for another slight trade up to get C. Upshaw. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Just a quick question:
    [QUOTE] Who do you think Bill should have drafted in round 2?
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]

At #48, I would have traded down. If there are no takers, or the offers were not good enough, BB should have drafted either DT Jerel Worthy, or DT/DE Kendall Reyes, due to his versatility. Of the two, I'd lean towards Worthy, who played against better competition. 

At #62, I would attempt to trade down. If that were impossible, I'd address the secondary...either CB Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Hardin, or even consider  Wilson, at this point. 

Looking at it from this perspective, I can better understand why BB took Wilson at #48. When you look at the remaining candidates at FS from #48 on,  there's little available. Brandon Taylor is a SS. But, if the Pats took Hardin, Wilson or Johnson at #62, they would not have been able to select Jake Bequette, Ebner, Dennard, and Ebert, in the later rounds.     

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts