Just a thought, maybe this is why he's here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInOz. Show PatsFanInOz's posts

Just a thought, maybe this is why he's here

Could it be that Tebow is here just to balance the bad press from AH? So, this is all a PR move to lessen the evil thoughts directed at our team. How can anyone hate the team with St. Tim?

I'm not totally serious about this, but in my current sleep deprived state, this seems like one of those college days, stoned in the bathtub, the universe exists in somebody's fingernail kinda grand revelations. Probably after a good nights sleep, I'll realize I'm thinking complete and utter bollocks and regret posting this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Just a thought, maybe this is why he's here

Tebow signed before Hern went all GA,  BB, Kraft and McD just like him as a person. That's all, they're hardcore Tebow fans...excluding BB, and they would fool themselves into believing Tebow is worth a spot.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to PatsFanInOz's comment:

Could it be that Tebow is here just to balance the bad press from AH? So, this is all a PR move to lessen the evil thoughts directed at our team. How can anyone hate the team with St. Tim?

I'm not totally serious about this, but in my current sleep deprived state, this seems like one of those college days, stoned in the bathtub, the universe exists in somebody's fingernail kinda grand revelations. Probably after a good nights sleep, I'll realize I'm thinking complete and utter bollocks and regret posting this.

next time your stoned or whatever, how about you go and listen to some music and chill, instead of wasting everyones time here with a nonsensical thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

next time your stoned or whatever, how about you go and listen to some music and chill, instead of wasting everyones time here with a nonsensical thread.

Ouch

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Like every other minimum free agent, Tim Tebow has to make the 53 man team. 

I'd say that so far Tebow has made it, but he still has to get through four preseason games.  He's hitting the deep ball.  He's still making a share of stupid plays, but he's also hitting excellent plays.  He's managing the football as a good backup quarterback should. 

Tebow fills a niche.  He's a changeup quarterback, a guy who occasionally blasts through the line himself on third and two, who runs the option, and yet opponents may still be forced to double-team receivers such as Aaron Dobson, Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola or else they'll get wide open downfield, then Tebow will hit them and end the game.  Tebow isn't little Michael Vick, he's a short yardage hitter.  Most NFL defenses are neither equipped nor fully trained to handle this rare kind of quarterback, and some defenses are more vulnerable than others. 

It's most probable that Tom Brady gets all the snaps, but if 36 year old Brady gets a boo-boo at some time during the season, BB has to choose between Mallett and Tebow. Why not both?

It's possible that Mallett is the prime quarterback but not by much.  Tebow Time could simply be the series before the victory formation, when everyone in the stadium knows that the Patriots are going to run the football.  Why not put in an extra runner?  It's possible that Tebow Time could be sprung on some particularly vulnerable team in the second half -- think of Indianapolis's defensive line five years ago. 

It's possible that Tebow is edging out Mallett right now for the #2 position. 

Please remember that half of the teams in the NFL are going to make incomprably stupid plays in preseason.  Last year, one team ran into the punter twice on the same drive, giving the ball back twice until the offense said ok, we'll take it down the field.  The new NFL watchword for preseason is "diminish the opponent's expectations as much as possible".  The theory is that losing meaningless preseason games is good for your own team's soul, and that opponents won't single you out as the one team to beat.  So, expect short passes from the starting quarterback directly to the cornerback for the quickest possible pick-six.  Expect drops by normally sure-handed receivers.  Expect fumbles by starting running backs  at the slightest provocation.  I suspect that the Indianapolis Colts initiated this curious regimen, but the New England Patriots were early adapters.  Now most NFL teams have picked up the practice.  Exception:  NFL basement-dwellers such as the Jacksonville Jaguars have no pride left to lose, so these teams tend to play their level best in preseason. 

I hate preseason win-lost records.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Has some on-field value as a third QB and is probably the only third-string QB in the league who can boost jersey sales. What's not to like?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

It's possible that Tebow is edging out Mallett right now for the #2 position. 

I have serious doubts about that. I still think he gets cut.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he is here because he's won a lot of games whenever he's played, plus that writer said Belichick hated him as a player - I think Belichick wanted to make the guy look stupid...which he did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

He was brought in to play backup and because he is a winner, but make no mistake, He was ALSO bought in to have a positive effect on A.H. It doenst matter that he was signed before A.H. got in trouble, because the Pats already knew he was a hothead and thats why they sent him to cali and made up the story about him and brady. It is 2 fold.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Ahhhhhh..yeppers to that!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Tebow was here before Aaron decided to commit murder, at least this one. I think Tebow was brought in because Tom has lost it and can't cut it any longer. (sarcasm on).

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

Sections
Shortcuts