just a thought on recievers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

just a thought on recievers

Pats have 3 rookie recievers that currently are 6 games into their careers and yes they have dropped quite a few balls. Considering they are only 6 games in and IMHO are playing pretty goor for their first 6 games. They get real good seperation on many plays...

How good will they be when they have more expierence or even in 3 or 4 more games?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: just a thought on recievers

Re: Saints vs Patriots Game Thread

posted at 10/13/2013 7:39 PM EDT

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

TB    G.O.A.T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanna remove this?????Surprised

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G.O.A.T = Greatest Of All Time           Get it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I'm sure you meant that simce it was posted before the TD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Dobson is not improving.  Same bad player that was out there during the 4th Qtr of the 4th preseason game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Yeah I'm sure you meant that simce it was posted before the TD

No, it was posted after the TD.   Why would I want to "remove it"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Let's see what Austin Collie does for us once he learns the offense and develops a rapport with TB12 ... and When Gronk is back the Offense should be a lot better ... and more consistent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

I think Dobson is really beginning to catch on.  He was the leading receiving for the game, in catches and yards.  Did he have some drops and some penalties?  Yeah, but that happens.  Look, he has already surpassed almost every highly drafted rookie WR since Branch.  Lets give these kids some credit.  They came up when we needed them. 

Thomkins is catching on, so is Dobson.  Just need Boyce to get into a rhythm and add his speed to the mix.  Add experience with Edelman, Collie and (hopefully healthy) Amendola, this team has some potential.  Also, throw to Hooman more, he seems to make some decent plays and no one really pays him much attention.  Throw to Ridley, not Bolden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Collie looked like he immediately plugged in and knew where to be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Dobson is a pretty good blocker . . . something they have not have in Lloyd or Moss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Dobson is not improving.  Same bad player that was out there during the 4th Qtr of the 4th preseason game.

Tcal , my friend, you are like a pro wide receiver yourself. Short memory and always shaking off the previous bad comment and always coming back for more with the same confidence level.

You go man, you go. Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to ArmyPatsFan's comment:

I think Dobson is really beginning to catch on.  He was the leading receiving for the game, in catches and yards.  Did he have some drops and some penalties?  Yeah, but that happens.  Look, he has already surpassed almost every highly drafted rookie WR since Branch.  Lets give these kids some credit.  They came up when we needed them. 

Thomkins is catching on, so is Dobson.  Just need Boyce to get into a rhythm and add his speed to the mix.  Add experience with Edelman, Collie and (hopefully healthy) Amendola, this team has some potential.  Also, throw to Hooman more, he seems to make some decent plays and no one really pays him much attention.  Throw to Ridley, not Bolden.

Sorry but Dobsons Drop/Catch ratio is a whopping 25%.  That's unacceptable and he's still doing it in week 6.  I was very impressed to see Thompkins actually catch one with his hands.  4 drops on the  2nd to last drive?  One drive?

The Ravens had 9 dropped passes, total, all of last year. Dobson and KT, have 14 already.

Add the other 7-8 with the others and you have more than double the Ravens in only 6 games.  

Hopefully Collie and Gronk take some of the heat off of that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

The Ravens had 9 dropped passes, total, all of last year. Dobson and KT, have 14 already.

Add the other 7-8 with the others and you have more than double the Ravens in only 6 games.

And how many ROOKIE WRs did the Ravens have?  Apples & Oranges comparrison

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The drops are a concern, but I tend to think that will get better as the season goes on...I've talked to others that say these guys are playing in the NFL, they should know how to catch a football by now. I just think these guys are trying to get used to the speed of the game and the coverages they are facing - college can't prepare these guys for having corners all over them like they are seeing right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Seperation on many plays?  There are many times they can't even get open so I have no idea what the OP is saying here.  Aaron Dropson needs to learn to catch the ball and Thompkins too. They still have problens remembering where to line up and how to read a defense.  We have no other choices right now.  Tom Brady is doing all that he can with these guys.  Keep feeding them and they have to make some plays, right?

On another note, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez both had as good of a game as Jimmy Graham did today.  How do you like those apples.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For crying out loud - they're rookies!!  There's going to be drops, there's going to be bad routes, there's going to be missed assignments.  I like Thompkins - a lot; I like Dobson - not as much as Thompkins but I like him.  I need to see more of Boyce.

Give the guys a chance.  I shake my head at some fo the posts I read on this board.  It's not freeze dried coffee - you don't just add water and get an all-pro.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I thought Dobson was looking better, his route running has really gotten sharper. He almost was the goat so it was good to see him contribute at the end. We knew Collie had strong skills it's just the concussion thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

And how many ROOKIE WRs did the Ravens have?  Apples & Oranges comparrison

I don't believe any NFL team has had all those rookie starters.  More like apples to empty barrel.

That's my point.  Hard to blame them under the circumstance and hard to discern talent from bust. 

They are extremely inconsistent and making the same errors 6 weeks in.

I guess with the highest drop and least completion rates of any starters, the only place to go is up.  Or stay in that empty barrel.

Also Edelman and Amadola's drop rates are up there too.

Maybe being forced to play mistake free, with lack of stability, is causing the mistakes?

Time will tell.

Sections
Shortcuts