Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games..

The Colts' next 4 games are going to be very interesting..

@ Houston
    Vs. Titans
    Vs. Denver
    @ Jacksonville

The Texans almost took them out a couple weeks ago IN Indy, so I think they've got a real shot at beating them in Houston but they'll be coming off a short week.. so that might hurt their chances.

Titans look a million times better than the last time the Colts played them a few weeks ago - they just look like a completely different team.  I could see them giving the Colts a run for their money as well.

Denver - I'm not sure, they're fading fast and having in-house issues now.  But if there is one other coach who can gameplan against them (Other than Belichick) I think it would be McDaniels.  Now as to whether the team could actually execute well enough to win is another story, but the talent/coaching is there to do it.

At Jacksonville - Jags are looking better and better.  MJD is a human bowling ball and the Jags gave the Colts all they could handle week 1 at Indy.  Since it's a division game, I expect it to be hard-fought and close as well. 

Anyone other than me think 2 of those games could potentially be losses for the Colts?

I'd give the Titans and Jags the best chance, but that's my opinion.  Texans could've had a good shot, but after the game tonight and with a short week I don't know if they have it in them.

Underdogg, you can keep your overly-biased opinion to yourself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games..

In Response to Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games..:
    [QUOTE]The Colts' next 4 games are going to be very interesting.. @ Houston Vs. Titans Vs. Denver @ Jacksonville The Texans almost took them out a couple weeks ago IN Indy, so I think they've got a real shot at beating them in Houston but they'll be coming off a short week.. so that might hurt their chances. Titans look a million times better than the last time the Colts played them a few weeks ago - they just look like a completely different team.  I could see them giving the Colts a run for their money as well. Denver - I'm not sure, they're fading fast and having in-house issues now.  But if there is one other coach who can gameplan against them (Other than Belichick) I think it would be McDaniels.  Now as to whether the team could actually execute well enough to win is another story, but the talent/coaching is there to do it. At Jacksonville - Jags are looking better and better.  MJD is a human bowling ball and the Jags gave the Colts all they could handle week 1 at Indy.  Since it's a division game, I expect it to be hard-fought and close as well.  Anyone other than me think 2 of those games could potentially be losses for the Colts? I'd give the Titans and Jags the best chance, but that's my opinion.  Texans could've had a good shot, but after the game tonight and with a short week I don't know if they have it in them. Underdogg, you can keep your overly-biased opinion to yourself.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

I like the Titans, the Broncos, and the Jags against them.

The Titans can control the clock and can run the ball.  The Broncos will be desperate and fighting for their playoff lives with a coordinator who is familiar with Indy, and the Jags will also be fighting for playoff position and can also control the clock in addition to better weapons in the passing game (cornerback Rashean Mathis' sure would help).

I don't like the Texans - After watching Kris Brown yank another game-tying field goal wide-left and watching the team let Tennessee stay in the game by blowing pass rush lanes, while also realizing that their entire passing game revolves around Andre Johnson running posts, I just don't think they have what it takes.  Their chances against the Colts only go up if Andre Davis can return one or two kickoffs for touchdowns.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Look out for Tennessee.  They've got nothing to lose, and they've finally found a way to work Vince Young in there effectively.  Third and nine and he takes off running for a First.  The Colts will have problems with that.  They definitely need to appoint a shadow...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]The Colts' next 4 games are going to be very interesting.. @ Houston Vs. Titans Vs. Denver @ Jacksonville The Texans almost took them out a couple weeks ago IN Indy, so I think they've got a real shot at beating them in Houston but they'll be coming off a short week.. so that might hurt their chances. Titans look a million times better than the last time the Colts played them a few weeks ago - they just look like a completely different team.  I could see them giving the Colts a run for their money as well. Denver - I'm not sure, they're fading fast and having in-house issues now.  But if there is one other coach who can gameplan against them (Other than Belichick) I think it would be McDaniels.  Now as to whether the team could actually execute well enough to win is another story, but the talent/coaching is there to do it. At Jacksonville - Jags are looking better and better.  MJD is a human bowling ball and the Jags gave the Colts all they could handle week 1 at Indy.  Since it's a division game, I expect it to be hard-fought and close as well.  Anyone other than me think 2 of those games could potentially be losses for the Colts? I'd give the Titans and Jags the best chance, but that's my opinion.  Texans could've had a good shot, but after the game tonight and with a short week I don't know if they have it in them. Underdogg, you can keep your overly-biased opinion to yourself.

I figured the Jags at Jacksonville have the best shot but Tennessee is on a little roll now too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I mean no disrespect but.......WHO CARES! 

I can care less who the Colts play next.  It has nothing to do with NE. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone other than me think 2 of those games could potentially be losses for the Colts? I'd give the Titans and Jags the best chance, but that's my opinion.  Texans could've had a good shot, but after the game tonight and with a short week I don't know if they have it in them. Underdogg, you can keep your overly-biased opinion to yourself.

Isn't fandom interesting.  I possess overly biased opinion regarding the colts.  Pot meet Kettle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

opinion time.  Everyone of the division games is concerning.  They are division games and none are pushovers like Buffalo. 

What happened to Tennessee at the beginning of the season is anyone's guess, but it seems to me that they played a couple/few hard fought games and came up just short and started losing their mojo which culminated in the New England Embarrasment. 

If these guys are men (and they are) that NE game should have shaken the fog from them.  Now they are on a mission as spoilers and I don't think anyone wants to face them. 

Houston is still good, but this game may have taken some wind out of their sails for next week's game against Indy. 

Saw a stat yesterday that Jax had wins only over mediocre teams and by small margins.  I hope that bodes well for Indy, but MJD always punishes them. 

I think the colts will be ok vs. Denver, the Jets, and Buffalo. 

2 losses and possibly 3 would not surprise me, especially with the way Peyton is playing right now.  He needs to calm down a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'd like to see the Colts go undeafeated in the regular season and then play the Pats in the AFC championship game.
    If you think the Pats/Saints game is big this week imagine the hype surrounding an ACF championship like that. Just my 2 cents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games.. : Isn't fandom interesting.  I possess overly biased opinion regarding the colts.  Pot meet Kettle.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Go look at 90% of your previous posts about the Colts, hence the reason I told you to keep your biased opinion to yourself.  You slurp Peyton in almost every post and it gets disgusting after a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

My ideal scenario - Pats and Texans win this week and eliminate any hype of undefeated seasons for those two teams.  Neither deserve to go 16-0 or even sniff it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I mean no disrespect but.......WHO CARES!  I can care less who the Colts play next.  It has nothing to do with NE. 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]
    You don't have to read the thread.  Many NE fans follow the Colts season because they meet in the playoffs almost every year.

Only one #1 seed has won the Super Bowl this decade(2003 Pats) so I don't think there is a huge advantage to a Colts homefield advantage.  There is no reason why they shouldn't beat all of those teams but every year teams lose games they should win.  The Colts would probably better off getting a loss early so they're not chasing an undefeated season.  If Jim Caldwell is smart(and I think he is) he will probably use his meaningless games to put some balance into thier offense before the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Shen -

There really are no bad teams in the postseason.  Anyone can beat anyone, and has.  

Pitt won the SB as a 6 seed.  Who would have thought AZ was going to get in for the NFC last year.  

Indy has been regular season wonders only to frequently fail or fall short in the playoffs.  

New England, by far, has demonstrated the best playoff success and even if they went in as the 4 seed (won't be a WC b/c no one else will win the East) would anyone count them out?

Go into the playoffs with a little mojo, relative health, and a little luck, and I think you have the recipie for post season success. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games.. : You don't have to read the thread.  Many NE fans follow the Colts season because they meet in the playoffs almost every year. Only one #1 seed has won the Super Bowl this decade(2003 Pats) so I don't think there is a huge advantage to a Colts homefield advantage.  There is no reason why they shouldn't beat all of those teams but every year teams lose games they should win.  The Colts would probably better off getting a loss early so they're not chasing an undefeated season.  If Jim Caldwell is smart(and I think he is) he will probably use his meaningless games to put some balance into thier offense before the playoffs.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I know I didnt have to read the thread, but I still responded.

It seems to me that there is an obsession with the Colts on this forum.

Pats fans seem to always think they are better than the Colts, but the Pats never prove they are better. 

Say what you want about how close games have been, but its the W that counts not how "close" or they "should have" beat the Colts.

Bottom line is that the Colts are a better team right now and alot of people waste too much time caring about what the Colts do.

It's like when these Colt fans come here and brag about how good Indy is and how NE sux  To me these people are wasting thier time and energy on something that does not matter right now.

Only thing that matters is as of right now is the NO Saints...not the Colts, not the Jets, not the Phins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games.. : I know I didnt have to read the thread, but I still responded. It seems to me that there is an obsession with the Colts on this forum. Pats fans seem to always think they are better than the Colts, but the Pats never prove they are better.  Say what you want about how close games have been, but its the W that counts not how "close" or they "should have" beat the Colts. Bottom line is that the Colts are a better team right now and alot of people waste too much time caring about what the Colts do. It's like when these Colt fans come here and brag about how good Indy is and how NE sux  To me these people are wasting thier time and energy on something that does not matter right now. Only thing that matters is as of right now is the NO Saints...not the Colts, not the Jets, not the Phins.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

I went to Indystar.com and found the same obsession with the Pats on the Colts forum.  Seems to be about a 80% - 20% mix.  I guess it's just the competitive nature that both teams bring out the best in each other.  I think it makes things interesting as long as the trolls behave.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Underdogg....   once again the Colts won a game by a "wing and a prayer".  Do you have any fingernails left?  You have to give them credit, they are putting themselves in a position to win games, but, at the same time, the other team loves to shoot its own foot a lot!  Let me finish by asking you this:

Do Colts fans WANT the Colts to finish the season undefeated so they can brag on Pats fans their team did it too?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Shen - There really are no bad teams in the postseason.  Anyone can beat anyone, and has.   Pitt won the SB as a 6 seed.  Who would have thought AZ was going to get in for the NFC last year.   Indy has been regular season wonders only to frequently fail or fall short in the playoffs.   New England, by far, has demonstrated the best playoff success and even if they went in as the 4 seed (won't be a WC b/c no one else will win the East) would anyone count them out? Go into the playoffs with a little mojo, relative health, and a little luck, and I think you have the recipie for post season success. 
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

While I do like the fact that the injured Patriots were dactivated while injured Colts went on IR and can't return to reinforce them, I still don't like the Patriots' chances in Indianapolis with the heat turned up (literally - even defensive back Brandon Merriweather said he couldn't breath at the end of the game).

I don't see the Colts losing 4 games for the rest of the season, but 3 wouldn't surprise me, especially if they only have 2 losses heading into Week 17, because the Colts usually rest their starters once they lock up a bye week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Colts certainly have a tough road ahead of them compared to the easy early schedule.  I could see a loss or two in those four. I would be most worried about Texans... they have to be pissed about the loss this weekend, and the Titans are dangerous with Young looking pretty good, unsure about their defense though.
    If it was in Denver I would be more optomistic for a Colts loss there, and the Jags are good but I don't see much of a chance there though it is a road game.
    I don't see the Patriots taking over the top slot so I could care less what Indy does unless they drop 2 of those 4 and we win our next 4 then we have a race.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Look out for Tennessee.  They've got nothing to lose, and they've finally found a way to work Vince Young in there effectively.  Third and nine and he takes off running for a First.  The Colts will have problems with that.  They definitely need to appoint a shadow...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Vince Young looked very good last night. Makes you wonder why coach dumbazz had him sitting on the bench when they were winless, most of the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'd like them *the Colts* to lose the last game of the season. This way they won't rest their starters until then. I believe that in 2007 the Pats playing the starters all the way hurt in the stamina department. I think we'll beat the Saints so they may not have this problem. But my opinion won't get ya a cup of coffee in most places.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg....   once again the Colts won a game by a "wing and a prayer".  Do you have any fingernails left?  You have to give them credit, they are putting themselves in a position to win games, but, at the same time, the other team loves to shoot its own foot a lot!  Let me finish by asking you this: Do Colts fans WANT the Colts to finish the season undefeated so they can brag on Pats fans their team did it too?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

wouldn't any fan want their team to go undefeated?  Please don't caveat it with "not if they don't win it all".  we all know that. 

do we want it specifically to rub in pats fans faces.  No.  I think rubbing it in the faces of the entire league (as pats fans have done) is really the value of it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trink5. Show Trink5's posts

underdogg: 

we're allowed to be biased on a Pats board --- still not sure why you spend so much time here --- do the Colts boards s*ck that much?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]Since it's a division game, I expect it to be hard-fought and close as well.  Anyone other than me think 2 of those games could potentially be losses for the Colts?

Don't get your hopes up, I see the Colts running the table and hopefully they lose San Diego, NE or Pitt in the playoffs.  If NE does not beat New Orleans, they have a real shot to win out, too.  I don't see them losing to anyone but the Vikings in the NFC.  Its funny, after all the garbage that New England got for running the table in 2007, it isn't until now that the media realizes that its a result of the rest of the league being so bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a thought on the Colts' next 4 games.. : Go look at 90% of your previous posts about the Colts, hence the reason I told you to keep your biased opinion to yourself.  You slurp Peyton in almost every post and it gets disgusting after a while.

Its no worse than this board's man love for Brady.  You just think it is ok to love Brady in the same way.  Pot / Kettle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]underdogg:  we're allowed to be biased on a Pats board --- still not sure why you spend so much time here --- do the Colts boards s*ck that much?  
    Posted by Trink5[/QUOTE]

How come I am not allowed to be biased on a Pats board?  I don't really trash the pats - except maybe for Belichick. 

And besides, the subject of this thread has nothing to do with the pats and everything to do with the colts. 

By your line of thinking, what's a colts thread doing on a pats board?  See how stupid that is?

Sections
Shortcuts