Just a thought while thinking before sleep.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Just a thought while thinking before sleep.

Tampa is a must win. No matter who plays and how you slice it it's a must. Beating ATL in ATL is tough with Gronk/DA (imagine w/o them) and Cincy and NO is same deal. If DA can't get healthy by any of these games it will be tough to come out of these three w/o two losses. I think we will eventually be able to beat all these teams once the rookies jell and the D keeps developing but right now and in the near future, trouble ahead. We need to go into ATL with a 3-0 record so we can afford mistakes and f ups and hopefully leave that streak 4-2 (maybe even 5-1, who knows?) but Tampa is huge jus to give this jelling team a little bit of room for error

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Just a thought while thinking before sleep.

All depends who is playing.  DA is the key here.   If DA is out for the Bucs game then it will be tough to win it, even if Gronk would come back for that one.  But there is no way the Pats win vs the Falcons and Saints, regardless of DA and Gronk being back.  I would be very, very surprised with a win in either one of those games.  The Bengals?  With Gronk and Amendola back, yes if no DA then no.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

All depends who is playing.  DA is the key here.   If DA is out for the Bucs game then it will be tough to win it, even if Gronk would come back for that one.  But there is no way the Pats win vs the Falcons and Saints, regardless of DA and Gronk being back.  I would be very, very surprised with a win in either one of those games.  The Bengals?  With Gronk and Amendola back, yes if no DA then no.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

You sure you're a Patriot fan? You don't think we can beat NO or ATL? Really? You say the Pats go 11-5, right? I beat you have us losing to Denver, Balt and some other playoff team. 

In essence, you think we're not contenders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Tampa is a must win. No matter who plays and how you slice it it's a must. Beating ATL in ATL is tough with Gronk/DA (imagine w/o them) and Cincy and NO is same deal. If DA can't get healthy by any of these games it will be tough to come out of these three w/o two losses. I think we will eventually be able to beat all these teams once the rookies jell and the D keeps developing but right now and in the near future, trouble ahead. We need to go into ATL with a 3-0 record so we can afford mistakes and f ups and hopefully leave that streak 4-2 (maybe even 5-1, who knows?) but Tampa is huge jus to give this jelling team a little bit of room for error

The Pats won't lose to Tampa Bay, I have them 6-1 till the BYE with the lone loss being NO, You have to outscore NO and the rookies, Dobson at least, won't be quality until after the BYE IMHO. He might come on  earlier, but the BYE is a safe bet for me. Gronk should be back for ATL, so that's a W to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

The Pats won't lose to Tampa Bay, I have them 6-1 till the BYE with the lone loss being NO, You have to outscore NO and the rookies, Dobson at least, won't be quality until after the BYE IMHO. He might come on  earlier, but the BYE is a safe bet for me. Gronk should be back for ATL, so that's a W to me.

To me even with Gronk back v ATL that's a tough game. SJax, Julio, Roddy & Tony will be a lot for this d to handle. This is the D's first real test in primetime in a hostile environment. Imagine the rooks in this game if they struggle against bills/jets. Even with Gronk this game is very very tough. I wouldn't say it's a W. I'd say lets wait and see

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You sure you're a Patriot fan? You don't think we can beat NO or ATL? Really? You say the Pats go 11-5, right? I beat you have us losing to Denver, Balt and some other playoff team. 

My gosh, do I have to say the Patriots will go undefeated to be a Patriots fan?  Do  you happen to listen to any Patriots podcasts?  Some on Patriots podcasts have them going 10-6 and they are fans, heck, they might even work for the Patriots.

I'm sorry you can't be objective.  Yes, realistically as of now I still say they go 11-5.  I have them losing to the Falcons, Saints, Bronco's, Texans and one other game along the way.  If they can go 12-4 then excellent, but I don't see anything better then 11-5 and I sure hope not 10-6.

11-5 wouldn't be considered a contender?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

To me, it's all about how quickly the Pats:
    1) Get Gronk back;

2) Get DA back;

3) Get TK and Dobson on the same page as Brady;

I don't believe that the Bucs are a major test for the Pats simply because I don't see that team as contending.  I may be wrong here but I simply don't see it.

Atlanta, NO, Tex and Denver will be.  If 1) through 3) above then there's no reason why those games are not winnable for NE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In order to be a Pats fan, you have to be delusional, apparently.  I don't think the Pats aren't going to go 16-0 this year.  Should I throw away my Pats gear?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

My gosh, do I have to say the Patriots will go undefeated to be a Patriots fan?  Do  you happen to listen to any Patriots podcasts?  Some on Patriots podcasts have them going 10-6 and they are fans, heck, they might even work for the Patriots.

I'm sorry you can't be objective.  Yes, realistically as of now I still say they go 11-5.  I have them losing to the Falcons, Saints, Bronco's, Texans and one other game along the way.  If they can go 12-4 then excellent, but I don't see anything better then 11-5 and I sure hope not 10-6.

11-5 wouldn't be considered a contender?

[/QUOTE]

11-5 isn't the problem, not thinking they can stand up to the contending teams is. If you don't think the Pats can beat Denver or Houston, why watch the rest of the season? Those are the teams the Pats have to face in the playoffs. Might as well save yourself some time and get ready for Hockey/B-ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

In order to be a Pats fan, you have to be delusional, apparently.  I don't think the Pats aren't going to go 16-0 this year.  Should I throw away my Pats gear?

[/QUOTE]

You two are useless, if the Pats can't beat contenders, you might as well get ready for The Sox playoff and The Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You two are useless, if the Pats can't beat contenders, you might as well get ready for The Sox playoff and The Bruins.

[/QUOTE]

beating them in the regular season doesn't matter Re Giant Raven

After Tampa those next 3 games will tell us how far we have to go.

Seaon prognostic  had us losing at least Atl

It is way to early to know much 

Afetr 4games we can begin to assess the league

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If I don't think the Pats will win a game, I shouldn't watch it?  How does that make sense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So for all of your realism and sensibility you are now claiming that the Patriots are going to go 16 and 0!?  Wow, and I thought I was being optimistic! 

Really though, you do need to be careful with that double negative.  It will get you every time!  Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good one.

Obviously an error!

Proofreading hasn't never been my strong suit!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Good one.

Obviously an error!

I make plenty of errors myself.  My kids make sure that I know about it too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Good one.

Obviously an error!

I make plenty of errors myself.  My kids make sure that I know about it too!

[/QUOTE]

LOL, isn't that the truth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Whoever thinks the pats are going 16-0 and thinks ATL is an easy W is not an actual fan. I real fan realizes that the pats will lose ball games but it's only for the better. They will learn from their mistakes and grow off of them. Think of 2007, I thought they should've lost a game so they could finally rest starters and prep for playoffs

TB12

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TFB is a photoshop guru (possibly one of the best) and a fan of Brady, Welker and Moss. He tends to be very negative about the Pats as a team in general and isn't satisfied unless the Pats win all games by scoring 30 or more points.

He tends to ignore improvement of the defense, improvement in rookies, The reality of rookies being nervous in their first game.

He sees the obvious emphasis and goal of containing running/read option QBs as no pass rush. He sees the Jets stacking the box against the run as an inability to run and a failure of the oline.

He sees a last minute drive to score a game winning field goal as a failure of the offense and not as a display of grit and fortitude that the offense hasn't shown in years.

He likes beautiful, high scoring, finesse football games, not gritty, dirty, scrappy, low scoring affairs that tend to build a teams character.

He sees optimism as delusional and negativity as objectivity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's all about watching and cheering on you favorite team.  Any given Sunday.  Get to the playoffs and hope your team has done well enough and improved enough during the regular season to where they can win it all in the playoffs.  Curious, what do you see this teams record being at the end of the regular season?  Who do they lose to during regular season?  You said 6-1 at the bye week.  How about the rest of the season?

So with your way of thinking the Raiders, the Jags, the Vikings, the Browns, the Bills, the Jets, the Dolphins, the Panthers, the Cards, the Chargers, the Titans, the Rams, the Colts, the Bucs, the Steelers, the Ravens all shouldn't have any fans this season because there is no way they are going to win it all? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It amazes me that people here label others as fans or not fans.

That's not up to you to decide.  If someone follows a team and feels they are a fan, that's that.  This whole "you're not a fan because..." is so freakin' stupid.  Grow up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

No way the Pats are 6 and 1 at the bye.  I will take bets on this all day!

They don't have a bye until week ten

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Pats lost to Arizona last year early. Maybe last weeks game was the early stinker they need as the wake up call.  Looking for major bounceback v. Bucs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why a "must" win so early in the season?  The team is 2 - 0 at this point.  I see your point in being 3 - 0 going into that tough stretch of games, but, could the mentality of the team get tougher as they take note the opposition is tougher?

True, the Pats game to game mantra is "next game up" and the opponent is always a tough match.  But, internally, their mental attitude may be much different facing a strong team like the Falcons versus the Bucs or the Jets.  Overall, I can see your point if the general feeling is the team really may not get better and it needs to feast on the "weaker sisters" on the schedule which allows them the "luxury" to lose to the stronger teams in the regular season to get to the playoffs. 

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

TFB is a photoshop guru (possibly one of the best) and a fan of Brady, Welker and Moss. He tends to be very negative about the Pats as a team in general and isn't satisfied unless the Pats win all games by scoring 30 or more points.

He tends to ignore improvement of the defense, improvement in rookies, The reality of rookies being nervous in their first game.

He sees the obvious emphasis and goal of containing running/read option QBs as no pass rush. He sees the Jets stacking the box against the run as an inability to run and a failure of the oline.

He sees a last minute drive to score a game winning field goal as a failure of the offense and not as a display of grit and fortitude that the offense hasn't shown in years.

He likes beautiful, high scoring, finesse football games, not gritty, dirty, scrappy, low scoring affairs that tend to build a teams character.

He sees optimism as delusional and negativity as objectivity.

Hahaha, thanks for the kind words... certainly not close to being the best but thank for the kind words, regardless.

To an extend you have some good points and arguments with what you have written.  But no, I'm far more of a fan then just being a fan of Brady, Welker and Moss.

I see last minute, game winning drives against a team who should have been blown out as a reason to question if this Patriots team did enough during the off season to improve to the point of winning another Super Bowl.  I'm sorry,  but I as well as many others, feel they did not.

The Bills and Jets shouldn't have even been in the ball game in the 4th qtr with the Patriots this season.  They really aren't that good.  The Pats had a lot of good to build off last season but did they?  If you take the 2012 Pats team minus Gronk and Hernandez and play this years Bills and Jets, I bet the Pats win by far more then 5 combined points.  This tells me the Patriots did not get better.  Especially against teams that got worse.   

Apparently with the way Brady was frustrated in the Jets game he thinks so too.  I don't see improvements in rookies.  As of right now I do not see improvement at the Safety position.   I do not see improvement at the RB position.  I certainly do not see improvement at the WR position or the TE position.  Quality depth was not added at CB or DL.  The defense is still vanilla, they have not added any creativity to this defense since Romeo was here.  Please tell me where this team improved and why you are so optimistic about this team winning it all this season based on what you seen so far.  Sure, you can say it's only week 3 coming up but they still look like they are in preseason.  They should be much further ahead then they are right now..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

It's not a "must-win" by any means. Of course I'd like to see the Pats win against the Bucs, and I expect that they will.

With that said, they're 2-0 as of now, with both wins coming in the division. Assuming the Jets and Bills win next week, worst case scenario, we're still a game up on those two teams, even if we were to lose to the Bucs. If you include the Dolphins in that equation, again, with a loss, assuming the Dolphins win today and next week, the worst case scenario is 2nd place in the division, being 1-game back.

Definitely not a must-win.

Let's go Pats!