Just a thought - why does Bel kick the extra-point?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McLovin.. Show McLovin.'s posts

Just a thought - why does Bel kick the extra-point?

because the same logic says to go for "2"...yes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: Just a thought - why does Bel kick the extra-point?

Go for two to go up by 11 with over 12 minutes to go (2 scores) instead of 10 (2scores) with the risk of being 9 (less than 2 scores). No, your logic does not work, not even close to what he did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Just a thought - why does Bel kick the extra-point?:
    [QUOTE]because the same logic says to go for "2"...yes?
    Posted by McLovin.[/QUOTE]

I did a quick look for statistics on success rate of two-point conversions.  Nothing definitive turned up, but it seems that it is about 50% at best.  The success rate for fourth and short is better, no? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In Response to Re: Just a thought - why does Bel kick the extra-point?:
    [QUOTE]Go for two to go up by 11 with over 12 minutes to go (2 scores) instead of 10 (2scores) with the risk of being 9 (less than 2 scores). No, your logic does not work, not even close to what he did.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

I've always felt that they should move the PAT line to the 5 yard line. This way if you do go for 2 you earn it. I hope Belichick goes for it on 4th down against the Jets this weekend. I think it was a great call. I hope we run up the score big.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McLovin.. Show McLovin.'s posts

In Response to Re: Just a thought - why does Bel kick the extra-point?:
    [QUOTE]Go for two to go up by 11 with over 12 minutes to go (2 scores) instead of 10 (2scores) with the risk of being 9 (less than 2 scores). No, your logic does not work, not even close to what he did.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

But what about the MATH!  the PROBABILITIES??

why?  just tell me why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

I think understand what the author is getting at :
    WHY DONT THE PATS JUST GO FOR 2 AFTER EVERY TOUCHDOWN
      If the percentage of 4th and 2 is greater than 50 percent ~ then at the very least you can count on 14 pts anyway after evry couple scores(just like after a normal extra point x 2 )iTherefore in time would actually be ahead of the game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"If the percentage of 4th and 2 is greater than 50 percent "

4th and 2 at the 2 yard line is not 4th and 2 at the rest of the field.  Defending 12 yards to the end of the end zone is infinitely easier than 30, 40, 50 or 72 yards.  They can't just say "we'll give up any long pass" on 4th and at the Patriots 28.  Brady would immediately see that and audible Moss to run straight down for an easy touchdown.

Sections
Shortcuts