Just a what if

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just a what if

Hey guys,
    We have all been spending a lot of time recently talking about back QB's, alot of people think we nee dto go out and get a vet and most of us know that if Brady goes down that it and we can call it a night but here is my question.

What if Brady went down, and Matt G came off the bench and brought us all the way to the super bowl ala Tom Brady circa 2001, what would you want us to do? Does Brady get his job back? Do we go with the young QB liek we did when Bledsoe lost his job to Brady? What do you think would happen? I am very interested to hear your answers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Just a what if

BB would make the choice that best suited the team. I would have a hard time believing that he would think someone else better the Tom. HOWEVER... i had that same feeling about Drew in 2001.. Either way the Patriots will be the beneficiary...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Just a what if

[Quote]BB would make the choice that best suited the team. I would have a hard time believing that he would think someone else better the Tom. HOWEVER... i had that same feeling about Drew in 2001.. Either way the Patriots will be the beneficiary...[/Quote]

Brady is still very much in his prime and doesn't lose his job like Bledsoe did. Bledsoe was in his decline when he got "the hit heard round New England".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just a what if

So Tx if Matt G brought us to and won a super bowl while Brady was on IR you would not hesitate at all in giving Brady his job back?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Just a what if

[Quote]So Tx if Matt G brought us to and won a super bowl while Brady was on IR you would not hesitate at all in giving Brady his job back?[/Quote]

Absolutely! And I would be ecstatic to have two SB qb's on the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Just a what if

I don't care if G wins the Super Bowl, Brady is here to stay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Just a what if

I don't see any way Brady would lose his job due to an injury...at least not after he's recovered. Part of the problem with bledsoe was the way he was playing when he got hurt. They went 5-11 in 2000, and started the next season 0-2. So of course, when Brady came in and started winning he kept the job. Now Brady is coming off an 18-1 season. No matter how good Matt G may do in relief I doubt he would take a healthy Brady's job. But it would be nice to know the "heir apparent" was capable of getting it done big time!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just a what if

Ok but if Matt G took us all the way to the super bowl and won in Brady's place do you think we would be able to keep him around till Tom retires or do you think we would trade the super bowl winning Matt G to another team for a 1st rounder?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Just a what if

Ok, let's put it this way. Suppose our backup who won the super bowl was, um, Eli Manning? Would anyone seriously consider trading away Brady cuz we had Eli Manning?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Just a what if

Matt Cassell has as much chance to win a superbowl as Steve Grogan in 2008.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Just a what if

Just a what if.............If my aunt suddenly grew balls.......would she then become my uncle????????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just a what if

Its a good question though I mean Brady is 31 right? so if he went down this year and Matt G came in and went all the way by the time Brady came back he would be 32 or 33 i dont know when his birthday falls. So as great as Brady is (and just for the record i would not let Brady go fro anything or anyone) if he is like 33 and we have this 25 year old super bowl winning QB how hard would you want BB to fight to keep the kid in NE? I mean it is clear none of you would trade Brady in this situation but would you want us to get a 1st rounder for Matt G or would you want us pay him whatever it takes to keep in NE till Brady retires and then we would have a super bowl winning QB to replace our super bowl winning QB?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Just a what if

[Quote]If Brady went down we would be lucky to make the play-offs....The reality of things today is Tom Brady is the one irreplaceble player on this team...If he goes down its over !!![/Quote]

Ahh but Sonny isn't that what we all said whem Drew went down and Brady got pushed into the lions den. I know my first reaction was "crap" there goes the season!! Tom was an an unproven,and untested commodity,As the season wore on he just made all the naysayers myself inclued eat our words.This is not to say if Tom went down Matt (not cassel) would be able to duplicate that incredible season. But who knows,stranger things have happend.Could we capture lighting in a bottle twice? Maybe, But more than likely that's just wishfull thinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just a what if

Yea but sonny i was not asking you for a real answer i was asking a what if and the question is what if Brady went down and Matt G came in and won a super bowl ala Tom Brady circa 2001 what would you want us to do trade Brady or try and keep them both or trade Matt G for a first rounder? Leave reality at the door this is not a real question obviusly i know if Brady went down we would be screwed but thats not what i am asking you.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Just a what if

I would expect Tom to regain his starting position, but Guiterrez to definitely get an extension (with a huge raise) well before he hit FA. While I'm sure they would want to hang on to Matt (much like the 49ers held onto Young), there's just no way I could see them trading Brady!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Just a what if

There is really no sense is arguing about this because it is so far fetched. In 2001 NE fans were really used to mediocrity. Bledsoe had been the best thing in town since the '85 Super Bowl team and because, until that point, he was the best Pats Qb anyone had ever seen he was sort of given a free pass on a lot of his faults. When Brady came in, this team was not like it is now - it's astonishing they won that year. If Gutierrez was a good QB and something happened to Brady I would still be hopeful to make the playoffs in all honesty. Still, Brady is the best QB in the league, there is no QB past or present Belichick would replace Brady with.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Just a what if

I don't have a crystal ball but I think Brady goes down for the season against KC. Matt Cassel will have a great season and lead the Pats to a 11-5 season. We then trade Cassel to those very same Chiefs for the 34th pick in the draft. Kind of fuzzy on who we will take with that pick. Oh well, I will get back to you all on saturday night with that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Funny how back in August we were all so sure Cassel was out the door and Guiterrez was going to be the backup! I suppose it's a good thing none of us are making personnel moves for the team! I'd like to make a suggestion. Let's not engage in this kind of "what-if" scenario again this offseason. While I'm not so superstitious as to claim we may have jinxed Tom, why the heck take a chance?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

hahahahahahahaha i forgot all about this question! lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Evaluating back QBs is what the pre-season and training camp are for and I can't see anyone supplanting a healthy Brady at this point. BB will make sure he and his counterparts are in peak condition.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't like any scenario that involves me having to learn how to spell Gutierez.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how back in August we were all so sure Cassel was out the door and Guiterrez was going to be the backup! I suppose it's a good thing none of us are making personnel moves for the team! I'd like to make a suggestion. Let's not engage in this kind of "what-if" scenario again this offseason. While I'm not so superstitious as to claim we may have jinxed Tom, why the heck take a chance?
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]
    LOL, very good point. NO MORE WHAT IFS!