Just An Incredible Draft So Far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: Just An Incredible Draft So Far

i agree, this draft has been pretty good for the pats, i know alot of people were down on the pats for picking a CB in Devin mccourty. But in my eyes people were begging for BB to take a corner in the first round for years and he finally does it and he takes a bunch of flack for it, you can never have enough corners. BB didnt forget that he needed a pass rush, he drafted cunningham and drafted spikes, which allows guyton to switch outside and utilize his speed and get him after the QB. Not to mention if, and this is a big if, if Crable can actually make some kind of contribution. We have a ton of guys we can switch in and out at the OLB spots to try and generate a pass rush.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i seriously think crable will be ready to play this season, when he was at michigan he didn't have injury problems and was quite the athlete. Plus with guytons speed he would pose quite the threat similar to freeney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

if Crable can actually make some kind of contribution.

What's it been...two years?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Incredible draft?  Wheres the pass rush?  Wheres the RB to replace Maurouny who everyone on this board complains about.  Wheres the OL depth?  Everyone wanted an OL to get ride of Light.  WR depth? we add 1 guy from Ohio U?

This was a deep draft for DE, a pats need, yet we draft NONE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Just An Incredible Draft So Far:
    Incredible draft?  Wheres the pass rush?  Wheres the RB to replace Maurouny who everyone on this board complains about.  Wheres the OL depth?  Everyone wanted an OL to get ride of Light.  WR depth? we add 1 guy from Ohio U? This was a deep draft for DE, a pats need, yet we draft NONE.
    Posted by Patsman2

Thats why its an incredible draft lmao.....If this doesnt show that BB without his past staff has no clue then I dont know what to tell ya, after the football year and the Patriots are in 3rd place, then let these people who say this was a great draft and BB is a genius come forward with their excuses. This Draft is a joke for the Patriots

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Incredible draft?  Wheres the pass rush?  Wheres the RB to replace Maurouny who everyone on this board complains about.  Wheres the OL depth?  Everyone wanted an OL to get ride of Light.  WR depth? we add 1 guy from Ohio U? This was a deep draft for DE, a pats need, yet we draft NONE.
    Posted by Patsman2

Whatever troll.  Hey Huggybear, I think this is underdog.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Posted by Patsman2

Did you forget about WR- Tate coming off an injury?  They drafted WR- Taylor Price in the 3rd round.  I think that is enough added depth. Oh yeah and they signed Torry Holt for a year.

Who did you want to draft at RB?  They were not going to trade up and draft that breakout RB. 

Do you know they traded a 3rd round pick for a 2nd round pick next year

At DE they drafted Jermaine Cunningham who is a DE hybrid

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Cant we just forget Guyton? The guy is no pass rusher...simpy too small. And he was horrible at ILB last season. The only reason he was on the team was due to the injury of McKenzie.

We desperately need help at OLB. Any big name OLBs we might trade for in the coming days?

Still find it very stupid we draft another TE instead of getting Kirk Morrisson with the 4 rnd pick...he would have been great in the middle with Mayo while McKenzie and Spikes developed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I like the RB Scott out of LSU.  Be thrilled with that. Bruiser.  D'oh!!  Eagles got Scott at 200.
    Posted by russgriswold

I would have LOVED him too!!  We were sooo close...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Why would Crable be on the roster if Belichick thought he had nothing to offer. I am just saying, he as spent 2 years on PUP. Belichick must think he has something to give...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Just An Incredible Draft So Far : Did you forget about WR- Tate coming off an injury?  They drafted WR- Taylor Price in the 3rd round.  I think that is enough added depth. Oh yeah and they signed Torry Holt for a year. Who did you want to draft at RB?  They were not going to trade up and draft that breakout RB.  Do you know they traded a 3rd round pick for a 2nd round pick next year At DE they drafted Jermaine Cunningham who is a DE hybrid
    Posted by Rocky

We could of drafted Dwyer instead of a punter in the fifth... but hey to take the only punter in the draft and in the fifth round... that makes sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

crable is on the roster right now, but he wont be for much longer. the guy was a disappointing player in college (he came in to michigan with a lot of hype and never delivered; he was ok in his senior season). he was drafted based on measurables. we used the opposite philosophy this year, which i love. Crable wasnt good enough his rookie year to beat out vince redd or even play special teams, so they stashed him on IR. last year he went down again. nobody comes back after two years out, especially a player that was bad to begin with. forget about him already!!
    where mccenzie fits is a legit question though. maybe they think he can play on the outside? or maybe they think he's lost too much from that injury. i think guyton stays at ILB on third down, with spikes in there on 1st and 2nd.

Why would Crable be on the roster if Belichick thought he had nothing to offer. I am just saying, he as spent 2 years on PUP. Belichick must think he has something to give...
    Posted by Brady2Moss07

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter Best draft goes to? ... Like what Seattle, Baltimore, San Francisco, Carolina, Philadelphia and New England did a lot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Guyton, maybe, but Crable might be a miracle. I am rooting for him, him but not expecting.  DOn't forget McKenzie.  Does BB move Guyton to OLB and move McKenzie into the SPikes competition in camp?  McKenzie played OLB in college, but he'll probably be a MLB here.  Spikes is the steal of the draft for NE.  Just all around the ball, tackling, just one of those true ballplayer types that screams leader too.   Young, but will need to harness his skills at this level.  I am reserving judgement, but between the nice D picks and the TEs, I am giddy. Pats lost 4 games last year because of a one dimensional offense. Don't forget that, everyone.   That was a rebuilding team that could EASILY gone 14-2 if they had a legit TE or flanker opposite Moss.  The D concerns are VASTLY overrated minus an imrpoved pass rush.   Love the character and skill set of McCourty.  He gets it.
    Posted by russgriswold

Just out of curiosity, why do you think our defensive concerns are "vastly" overrated?

Secondly, why do you think Guyton can play OLB?  The successful OLBs in the past (McGinest, Vrabel) have a slightly different profile - a little taller, mebbe 20 lbs heavier, and gotta have longer arms. Guyton is even a little light to be an ILB. If he could shed blocks, he certainly may be quick enough to sack the QB...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

Think BB and staff have put together so far a great draft. Filled most of the needs and back-ups. The three Gators will step in and give all they got. Don't under estimate Spikes... crazy smart player,and faster than you think. A.Hernandez is kinda moody,since his father passed away couple of years back,but great hands,runs good routes and knows when to get open.Blocking packages-? Cunningham... fast,long arms,quick off the ball. Great teammate.... got some good-all-around players.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

crable is on the roster right now, but he wont be for much longer. the guy was a disappointing player in college (he came in to michigan with a lot of hype and never delivered; he was ok in his senior season). he was drafted based on measurables. we used the opposite philosophy this year, which i love. Crable wasnt good enough his rookie year to beat out vince redd or even play special teams, so they stashed him on IR. last year he went down again. nobody comes back after two years out, especially a player that was bad to begin with. forget about him already!! where mccenzie fits is a legit question though. maybe they think he can play on the outside? or maybe they think he's lost too much from that injury. i think guyton stays at ILB on third down, with spikes in there on 1st and 2nd. In Response to Re: Just An Incredible Draft So Far :
    Posted by artielang

What gives you that idea. He was a stud performer for two years. If I recall correctly, he had something like 30 TFL in a single year. I have not given up hope on him just yet. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Incredible maybe a stretch.  We'll know in 2 years if this class is for real (the whole 3 year thing is a bit much).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Good Draft, not great. Suh was the only one that could provide the pass rush and run D that Big Sey provided and the Pats were never going to get him. We still drafted two D Linemen and Cunningham to help the rush, so if you wanna b--ch and moan go over to Sox board and commiserate there.

I like ILB rotation with Spikes; Guyton is fast, but if you take the wrong angles or bite on the fake or look lost on play action you might not be in position to make a play. D Linemen are depth from this draft. Would you rather Belichick draft Gholston Part Deux ? IMO stellar DE/DT happens in 2011 draft. Oh right, we have four of the first 64 in that draft. Raiders will continue s--k. If you exchange picks with Belichick you will immediately s--k, so ditto Panthers (Hotlanta and New Orleans will be better in the NFC South. Mid 2nd.

The Crable vs. MacKenzie debate is at least as old as finders versus keepers. I expect more from Mackenzie than Crable, but I could be wrong.

Zoltan (" All Hail The Benevolent General Zoltan of Puntatolia) was probably the best punter and we got him.

Mc Courty only bothers me because the consenus seems to be that he is a nickel and dime CB; you draft those guys in 3rd or 4th. Again it could all be moot if we draft Peterson next year.

Good draft, wait and see.

Sections
Shortcuts