Just announced!! Patriots finally sign extension!! Yeay!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Just announced!! Patriots finally sign extension!! Yeay!

With Eric Alexander................. wth!!!!

What about the billion other people we need to sign.

Vince Wilfork
    Logan Mankins
    Jarvis Green
    Kevin Faulk
    Stephen Neal
    Leigh Bodden
    Derrick Burgess
    Pierre Woods
    Ben Watson
    Stephen Gostowski
    Dan Connolly
    Gary Guyton!! (I didn't even realize that Guyton is also going to be a free agent next year)

They need to lock up some of these players asap! Especially not too expensive but important cogs like Gostowski etc which should be simple deals to get done. There's space in the salary cap to get a deal for Gostowski or Faulk or Woods done. 

Getting really really worried about the uncapped season. Patriots seem to be gambling to grab people in the uncapped year but they are risking allowing a lot to walk away or get better deals elsewhere. It's uncapped for everyone else too!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Just announced!! Patriots finally sign extension!! Yeay!

In Response to Just announced!! Patriots finally sign extension!! Yeay!:
    With Eric Alexander................. wth!!!! What about the billion other people we need to sign. Vince Wilfork Logan Mankins Jarvis Green Kevin Faulk Stephen Neal Leigh Bodden Derrick Burgess Pierre Woods Ben Watson Stephen Gostowski Dan Connolly Gary Guyton!! (I didn't even realize that Guyton is also going to be a free agent next year) They need to lock up some of these players asap! Especially not too expensive but important cogs like Gostowski etc which should be simple deals to get done. There's space in the salary cap to get a deal for Gostowski or Faulk or Woods done.  Getting really really worried about the uncapped season. Patriots seem to be gambling to grab people in the uncapped year but they are risking allowing a lot to walk away or get better deals elsewhere. It's uncapped for everyone else too!!
    Posted by murghkhor

Guyton is an exclusive rights free agent meaning he has been in the league only 2 years and is under contract with a team.  If NE offers him a 3 year deal at the veteran minimum, he can either accept it or leave the NFL.  If they don't offer that deal, I believe he can talk to other teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from markcmonroe. Show markcmonroe's posts

With Eric Alexander................. wth!!!! What about the billion other people we need to sign. Vince Wilfork Logan Mankins Jarvis Green Kevin Faulk Stephen Neal Leigh Bodden Derrick Burgess Pierre Woods Ben Watson Stephen Gostowski Dan Connolly Gary Guyton!! (I didn't even realize that Guyton is also going to be a free agent next year) They need to lock up some of these players asap! Especially not too expensive but important cogs like Gostowski etc which should be simple deals to get done. There's space in the salary cap to get a deal for Gostowski or Faulk or Woods done.  Getting really really worried about the uncapped season. Patriots seem to be gambling to grab people in the uncapped year but they are risking allowing a lot to walk away or get better deals elsewhere. It's uncapped for everyone else too!!
    Posted by murghkhor

patriots may also have two franchise tags if the season goes uncapped; no one knows who is being worked on right now and there are some players like Bodden who took a low deal to try to get better deal because of injuries etc.  I think they will let watson go as well as a couple of others; you can't sign everyone because you also need to make room for the rookies and other FAs who represent an upgrade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swifttight. Show Swifttight's posts

some players on that list will be offered contract but decline because the offer will be better elsewhere. Prepare to see new faces on this Team Next Season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

This also assumes that all of these guys either want to negotiate contracts in the middle of the season or they don't really want to stay.

A lot of players don't like to negotiate in the middle of the season so they can focus on the game.  I think a few guys will want to stay with the team and should be easier players with whom to negotiate.

Priorities:
    -Vince Wilfork
    -Stephen Gostowski
    -Logan Mankins
    -Jarvis Green

I think Kevin Faulk understands that he has a good thing going here and I can't imagine him pricing his way out of town.

My two thoughts on Leigh Bodden are that he might just be happy to have escaped the Lions and Browns to play on a contender and I think Darius Butler will have the experience to play serviceably in his place by next season if necessary.  I think another contender would have to offer good money in order for him to leave because I don't see him going back to another losing team based on what he's said.

I wonder, though, if they'll try to retain Watson.

Of course, this whole thing goes up in smoke if there's no Collective Bargaining Agreement in place.  In that case, Wilfork, Mankins, and Gostowski would be restricted free agents and the team would have two franchise tags (although if they make the playoffs, they wouldn't be able to sign free agents until someone signs one of their players away, which if the non-playoff teams played their hands correctly could seriously handicap the Patriots).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Why sign and extension when you do not need to....?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Posted by murghkhor
    out of this list i c only guyton, faulk, and gostkowski as locks. woods, watson, connolly, mankins and even wilfork are likely not to be bak. guys like woods are still serviceable but u can get other guys and younger draft guys who are cheaper with far better upside. hopefully wilfork come bak, they've been talkg but he's not a lock. signg brady to an extention will the biggest priority followed by wilfork, guyton, gostkowski, faulk and mankins in that order. u can always franchise gostkowski if need be. they wont franchise wilfork. to their credit, pats are very anticipative. they signed baker knowg they would be getting rid of  or not resigng watson. signed vollmer and others knowg that neal and mankins would be goners. cant sign everyone. pats wont shell out for OL guys and y should they. low cost has worked. can move matt light to RT, put kaczur at RG, vollmer at LT, and Rich O-berger at LG or even Mark Levoir as u draft new bakups or bring guys like yates or that pittsburgh guy bak. as it was, he was already on the bubble.

Sections
Shortcuts