Just curious....Tory Holt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Just curious....Tory Holt

Hi everyone! Since I didn't get to see the pre season game on Thursday, can anyone tell me if, 1. Did TH play , and 2. How is he faring in camp so far. I haven't seen too much on this subject so far and am kind of curious! Being in STL for so long I got tosee him w/ the Rams and was very excited when NE picked him up! I'm hoping he has something left in the tank and can contribute! Thanx for all your input! GO PATS!!!!KMc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Just curious....Tory Holt

He didn't play in the game and I know his practices have been limited thus far. He has an undisclosed injury that appears to be minor. Being that it is the beginning of training camp and he is a WR I'm thinking the most likely problem is a tight or slightly strained hamstring.I'm hoping it doesn't last long as I am a Holt fan too.

Here's a clip from a Nesn Column Thursday Night that I was just reading.

Note: Torry Holt lost some momentum last week, and his recent undisclosed injury hasn’t helped that cause. His value would be in his chemistry and veteran presence as a compliment to Brady. However, it's hard to create chemistry when you're not on the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I think were set at WR without Holt.  We are going to see a lot of 2 and 3 receiver sets now that we actually have TE's that can catch the ball. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Just curious....Tory Holt:
    I think were set at WR without Holt.  We are going to see a lot of 2 and 3 receiver sets now that we actually have TE's that can catch the ball. 
    Posted by Tcal2

That's what I was thinking after the other night. They're going to want to use the TE's quite a bit from the looks of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He'll be cut. He seems last on the depth chart, below Mathew Slater. 
    Posted by murghkhor

Slater isn't even on the depth chart

http://boston.stats.com/fb/teamstats.asp?teamno=17&type=depthcharts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I would like to see them keep him.  He is smart and can help young guys with both route running, and techniques to get by coverage/jams.  Young guys need older vets to help them.  I know his hands are as good as it gets.  Hope we can keep him, even if he doesn't get used a bunch.  Never know who's going down, either.  Rather we parted with Fred Taylor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Just curious....Tory Holt : Slater isn't even on the depth chart http://boston.stats.com/fb/teamstats.asp?teamno=17&type=depthcharts
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Yeah, but neither is Kevin Faulk.  Betting HE makes the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

we wouldn't have to pay him the two mils do we?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

How many can they keep?

Moss
    Welker
    Edelman
    Tate- too young and promising too cut
    Price- same
    Holt- ?

Seems to me that 6 is not an unreasonable number.  BB will expect some SP teams contributions which Edelman, Tate and Price already do.  If Slaters SP teams play can't be replaced (which I think it can) than Holt is out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Slater can also play safety though..... well sort of.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

The Holt question is simple. If he isn't starting he isn't on the team. He offers no special teams value so unless he really picks it up he will be gone. Backup receivers on the Pats have to play special teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He's on IR now. Tough break for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Damn shame! I was hoping for his re-surgence w/ the Pats, but is over now. Sounds like he may retire, always liked him. Thanks for everyone's input! GO PATS!!!!!KMc

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Just curious....Tory Holt : Yeah, but neither is Kevin Faulk.  Betting HE makes the team.
    Posted by TroyBrown80

who the fudge left KF off the depth chart?

rather have Darnnel Jenkins than Slater or Aikens

Sections
Shortcuts