Just filed: Chargers trade Antonio Cromartie to Jests for 2011 3rd-rounder, could turn into 2nd-rounder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Just filed: Chargers trade Antonio Cromartie to Jests for 2011 3rd-rounder, could turn into 2nd-rounder

That just came across on Twitter via Adam Schefter.  He tweeted it about 2 minutes ago (10:30 eastern). 

Interesting.. not where I figured he'd end up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Just filed: Chargers trade Antonio Cromartie to Jests for 2011 3rd-rounder, could turn into 2nd-rounder

They are going all in on D. Must be figuring they are only a few pieces away from the big dance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Just filed: Chargers trade Antonio Cromartie to Jests for 2011 3rd-rounder, could turn into 2nd-rounder

That certainly will make them tough to pass against but I think Belichick is doing the rope a dope and will re tool into a power offense with a running game and the old style patriot offense hence Patton comes back to be a coach to the youngsters in the method... good things ahead.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes they did get better,and they didnt give up anything this year.which means they can still shop,add there QB haveing a year under his belt means this year was old news,and they went farther then us in the play-offs.the pats need to be active in the free agency.to many holes and needs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Yeah......but we have Wilhite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Who is he?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

while this makes the jets D better, im still not that intimidated...look at their schedule the past season, they played a lot of anemic offenses.

I still dont think their D is as good as the '04 steelers, '06 Ravens, or the '08 Steelers...2 of those teams didnt win it all and the cardinals torched the steelers D in the super bowl

I hope the pats dont feel the need to make an answer to this move and stay the course.
    Get a healthier oline, new rb, and a third option wr...i chose Brady over the NY Jets D.
    I still think were the better team if it came to us vs them in the playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Lets sign Dunta Robinson!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

FIRST, I did NOT want Cromartie on this team for a couple reasons: I don't think he's a team-player (gambles a ton-more than A$ on the big play), so I just think he's too rogue for Belichick's schematics.  Also, I didn't want to give up a 2nd or a 3rd for a player who's highly talented and highly inconsistant in not just his "gambling", but in his overall abilities (any moment he has the chance to bring it back for 7, but at least last year-He got burned far more in trying to do this than the year prior)...

~NOW, ALL of this being said...THIS is a scarry GOOD Move by The Jets.  With their attacking Defense, and Cromartie being across from Revis, Cromartie's gambling becomes far less an issue...and even to a degree, It Becomes an Asset.  As pressure from the Jet's Defense is coming from everywhere constantly and very often, Reevis's less-rogue, but incredible shut-down and simply superior cover-CB play ability on the oppossing Offense's #1, Cromartie's gambling when he jumps routes when going for the big-play isn't nearly as problematic since the Offense has to dump the ball off far-quicker with The Jet's attacking & big-blitzing style.  Not just this, but in that now-shortened fraction of a second the oppossing Offense has when the QB is looking for target #1 (covered by Revis), HAS even less time and adequate "feel" when going for target #2 (covered by Cromarties)...

I don't know, I just think Cromartie fits the Jets D in style and overall current personell already on that team, freakin' great...and that's nauseating to me.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Cromartie is the definition of inconsistent and immature.  He's had one good year and has off field issues.  This move doesn't scare me at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Say whatever you want, but if the Jets had Cromatie against the Colts, the Jets win that game. Manning only picked on Sheppard, and not-Reevis, Cromatie knows how to beat Manning. Add to that the fact that Sanchez showed that he can play without turning the ball over, Braylon Edwards will have a full grasp of the offense = the Pats in trouble.

If we bring back the same level of talent we had this year, next year, The Jets will win the division.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The real question: Could you get someone better than Antonio Cromartie in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round ???

The answer: probably not

This is an excellent trade for the Jets.  Cromartie might have avoided tackling Shon Greene, but he's still a capable cover-man who could mature into another shutdown corner.  Why aren't the Patriots making moves like this one???  Seems more like they're content to fade into mediocrity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Makes the Jets that bit stronger. Meanwhile the Pats get weaker. Lets see a splash in FA to start filling some of the holes that were exposed last year.

Sections
Shortcuts