Just finished reading Ron Borges article- This time it's personnel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Just finished reading Ron Borges article- This time it's personnel

In Response to Re: Just finished reading Ron Borges article- This time it's personnel:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just finished reading Ron Borges article- This time it's personnel :   I disagree .......Judging a team by  the starters aquired  in the draft is an excellent way  of testfying how well your scouting system is working and how efficient your scouts are in the evaluation process...The draft is not an exact science but the higher echelon teams usually fare better because they are more efficient...
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]
    True, let me clarify why I meant to say.  Typically a team gets 7 draft picks per year without and extra additions.  The lower the pick the better the chance they will make the team as a starter or make the team at all.  Of course we all know the Pats usually end up with thier first pick late in the 1st round based on record.

I think it would be fair to say that getting 2-4 starters out of a draft would be expected.  Maybe 5 or 6 make the team.  I was responding to the article in that he seemed to expect that every player drafted would be a starter.

I would think after winning 18 straight games in 2007 not many guys if any would make the team.  I don't think the Pats have drafted great the last few years it just seems to me expectations by some people are a little unreasonable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Just finished reading Ron Borges article- This time it's personnel:
    In Response to Re: Just finished reading Ron Borges article- This time it's personnel : True, let me clarify why I meant to say.  Typically a team gets 7 draft picks per year without and extra additions.  The lower the pick the better the chance they will make the team as a starter or make the team at all.  Of course we all know the Pats usually end up with thier first pick late in the 1st round based on record. I think it would be fair to say that getting 2-4 starters out of a draft would be expected.  Maybe 5 or 6 make the team.  I was responding to the article in that he seemed to expect that every player drafted would be a starter. I would think after winning 18 straight games in 2007 not many guys if any would make the team.  I don't think the Pats have drafted great the last few years it just seems to me expectations by some people are a little unreasonable.
    Posted by shenanigan

I have to agree with you. From 2004 until last year I dare anybody to come up with a rookie that was available to the Pats that would have replaced a starter. There weren't any. Not a running back nor receiver nor olineman or tight end or dlineman or line backer or db was going to replace any of the starters. And if anyone says there was, they're cherry picking and hindsight is 20-20.

Borges is just a blind squirrel, even they find a nut once in a while. Or a broken watch, which is right twice a day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Ron Borges has had it in for BB for a long time, ever since BB pissed on his shoes in the bathroom. What you armchair QB's fail to take into account is all the people that have been plucked from the organization other than players. We have lost alot of scouts and coaches. If you have no one you can count on to evaluate talent to draft, isn't it wise to trade down and accumilate picks so when you have replaced your scouts and have people in place to evaluate talent you can use those first round and extra picks? I.E., This past draft seems so far to have been better than the drafts previous. Maybe this is due to the fact that the Pats picked up Floyd Reese to help in drafting talent? We have had coordinators last one year and get hired elsewhere. They take them away faster than BB can train them. I have been a Pats fan since 1976, and I have no problem with how things are being done. Maybe some of you new young fans should be sent back in time to the Sullivan years, that'll learn ya.
    Posted by Tenthstream[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention that not only did BB pee on Borges shoes, he also benched, and then traded, Borges' best source of info in the locker room .....Drew Bledsoe.........he lost his best source on the Pats and then had to fabricate stories to fill columns