just for the sake of nothing: why Peyton will never be GOAT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

just for the sake of nothing: why Peyton will never be GOAT

You know why. He plays his worst in big games against good teams. And just for that little bit extra - he doesnt play well when the weather is not good.

ANd as a good DB recently said - he throws DUCKS.

Quack....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Re: just for the sake of nothing: why Peyton will never be GOAT

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a quitter and puts himself first, always...he's the ultimate "ME" guy in sports...Lebron James  and Kobe are better TEAM guys than this fool....it's ALWAYS all about him...would he EVER renegotiate to help the team and lower his cap hit?..NEVER...I hate the guy....glad he'll never be here...

[/QUOTE]

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His dad's influence is all over that, from the sexual assault at Tennessee, the book berating the woman, refusing to let Eli go to the team that drafted him, whoring them out for commercials, etc. The men in that family are just losers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

...... because the 2009 SB pick six. SB 48 perfomance. 8 one and done's. most playoff losses in NFL history, 11-12 in the Playoffs..

shall I continue

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

...... because the 2009 SB pick six. SB 48 perfomance. 8 one and done's. most playoff losses in NFL history, 11-12 in the Playoffs..

shall I continue

[/QUOTE]

It's laughable that some (read: Denver fans) were ready to proclaim him GOAT if he won the SB. A SB title would have lifted him, but not nearly enough. And after the SB failure/choke job he will never be considered the GOAT ever again, even if he should go on to win another title.

As of now, it's between Brady and Montana. I think Rodgers has the talent, but he's already a bit high in his one and done's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There will never be a concensus choice for a GoaT QB due to all the variables one can apply in making such a choice.  Different eras, physicality of the game, rules changes, playing styles, nature of the team surrounding such QB.  We can go on and on about such a subjective topic.

I believe we can all agree on one thing..  when you look at all the greats that have played the position, depending on your personal bias, whoever one chooses, no one would argue the choice is a "bad" one since any QB in the GoaT discussion is deserving to be in that discussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

He'll never be GOAT but he is GOMER.

funny how when Brady broke the passing/TD record all the pats haters said it was meaningless because in order to be the GOAT he had to win the most SBs. Gomer on the other hand gets proclaimed GOAT when he breaks Brady's record despite his 1 SB win.

America loves a Gomer

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll never be GOAT but he is GOMER.

funny how when Brady broke the passing/TD record all the pats haters said it was meaningless because in order to be the GOAT he had to win the most SBs. Gomer on the other hand gets proclaimed GOAT when he breaks Brady's record despite his 1 SB win.

America loves a Gomer

[/QUOTE]

In plain English..  Gomer is not a NE Patriot.  In spite of everything Brady has accomplished, he receives no where near the press Manning receives.

For example:  Who was receiving the greatest amount of press and who's return was most anticipated when returning from a lost season due to injury?  It certainly wasn't Brady.  Brady suffered a relatively gruesome injury to his left knee during a game while Manning had neck issues which I do not recall are related to in-game injuries.  The media made it out as if Manning had the worst of it to overcome.  Just the way it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know why. He plays his worst in big games against good teams. And just for that little bit extra - he doesnt play well when the weather is not good.

ANd as a good DB recently said - he throws DUCKS.

Quack....

[/QUOTE]

Peyton will never be the GOAT, but he'll always be the CHOKE.

LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Goodness gracious me. This is supposed to be the "greatest QB of all time"? Judging from this photo, is there any wonder why he isn't?:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

PEYTON MANNING - GOAT!!!!!!

right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

right?

The goat of the SB, yes. Greatest QB of all-time? No.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

right?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All time my friend.  You know how I feel.  Give Luck time, he'll take over Brady first, then Marino, then Montana, then Manning. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

right?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All time my friend.  You know how I feel.  Give Luck time, he'll take over Brady first, then Marino, then Montana, then Manning. 

[/QUOTE]

Luck has the something special that montana and Brady have, but he will have to do it a few times first, the rest just had great season stats. And with this latest SB losses, PM has lost a lot of those in the media for being GOAT. Even Faulk has stumbled a bit on him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I could care less about the media.  All the recent sb proved was that Brady benefitted from great defenses when he won and never could do it after.  Defense wins championships even against the greatest QB's. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

I could care less about the media.  All the recent sb proved was that Brady benefitted from great defenses when he won and never could do it after.  Defense wins championships even against the greatest QB's. 

[/QUOTE]

You are so blind

TB is the only Qb ever to have a winning 4th qtr drive in 5 SBs, he didnt win two because two all pros dropped a pass, one Samuel . One WW, amongst other flukey plays. TB was way closer to winning than PM in his two SB losses and let's face it PM sux in his one SB win

PM was the heavy favorite to win this SB and he had a horrible game.  He did not even have the composure of Luck

And btw , faulk is the biggest Manning fan there is and he has sort have lost his voice on this.

so keep dreaming

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we see...Gomez. What was that final score? 43-8?? LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quote: and I paraphrase:  "We're only going to score 17? ha.  OK.  Is plax going to play defense?"

He was saying that with the confidence of knowing his #1 offense that had scored 38 pts vs NYG's 17th ranked D in pts.  20th in Passing TD's against.  NYG's defense was a shell of what Manning faced this year in the SB. 

And the 2011 SB - NYG's D ranked 25th in pts and 25th in TD's against.  Again a shell of what Manning faced. 

Tom likely would have never taken a chance - just taken sacks and curled up in a fetal position while yelling at his team on the sidelines and waiting for their high fives. 

Oh - and call me Ted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quote: and I paraphrase:  "We're only going to score 17? ha.  OK.  Is plax going to play defense?"

He was saying that with the confidence of knowing his #1 offense that had scored 38 pts vs NYG's 17th ranked D in pts.  20th in Passing TD's against.  NYG's defense was a shell of what Manning faced this year in the SB. 

And the 2011 SB - NYG's D ranked 25th in pts and 25th in TD's against.  Again a shell of what Manning faced. 

Tom likely would have never taken a chance - just taken sacks and curled up in a fetal position while yelling at his team on the sidelines and waiting for their high fives. 

Oh - and call me Ted.

[/QUOTE]

PM has still never played well in a SB , he has a losing playoff record, he has a dismal record in bad weather games, he has a losing record vs tb. 

The giant style of pass rush overwhelmed the pats Oline, but TB still had a winning 4th art drive and lost because of the two drops by All pros have been said before

This isn't a perfect analogy, but I saw Orr play and I saw Gretzky play.  Even tho Gretzky had greater career stats, he wasn't even close to Orr. And I was never a bruins fan, the point is dont go on stats alone, 

if luck doesn't have the stats of manning but has a better playoff and SB record , he will be better than manning

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Some like to point out that AFC East allegedly is a mediocre division. Now follow this. Brady is 148-43 as a starter, a win-% of 77,5. If by magic you removed all his games against AFC East (and I estimate a 5-1 record over 12 years, though it's probably not as good) his record would be 88-31, or a win-% of 73,9.

Mannings career total is 167-73 for a win-% of 69,6. That's including his games against the powerhouse division called the AFC South.

Or another perspective on it. Brady could go 0-16 in 2014 and it would still take a perfect 16-0 for Gomer to get up to par. Imagine that.

To summarize the argument for GOAT on this board. Brady wins more, in regular season, in postseason and in Super Bowls. While things get harder in the post-season and the SB even for the greatest players, he hasn't decidedly f*cked it all up in a SB yet. He has six (6) game-winning drives in the playoffs. He wins.

Gomer has the individual regular season stats, but it doesn't translate to winning as many games, especially in the postseason and in Super Bowls, where he is a loser. In Super Bowls he has twice f*cked it up good for his team. He has one (1) game-winning drive in playoffs.

Stats per www.pro-football-reference.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some like to point out that AFC East allegedly is a mediocre division. Now follow this. Brady is 148-43 as a starter, a win-% of 77,5. If by magic you removed all his games against AFC East (and I estimate a 5-1 record over 12 years, though it's probably not as good) his record would be 88-31, or a win-% of 73,9.

Mannings career total is 167-73 for a win-% of 69,6. That's including his games against the powerhouse division called the AFC South.

Or another perspective on it. Brady could go 0-16 in 2014 and it would still take a perfect 16-0 for Gomer to get up to par. Imagine that.

To summarize the argument for GOAT on this board. Brady wins more, in regular season, in postseason and in Super Bowls. While things get harder in the post-season and the SB even for the greatest players, he hasn't decidedly f*cked it all up in a SB yet. He has six (6) game-winning drives in the playoffs. He wins.

Gomer has the individual regular season stats, but it doesn't translate to winning as many games, especially in the postseason and in Super Bowls, where he is a loser. In Super Bowls he has twice f*cked it up good for his team. He has one (1) game-winning drive in playoffs.

Stats per www.pro-football-reference.com

[/QUOTE]

PM should get some relief in that he came into the league on a hordid team

but then it still wouldnt catch him up to TB

good job on TB's record aginst non AFC East teams

in the end TB may very well be the only q to have +100 wins over losses

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Quote the troll...LOL!!  Huge differece between a 17-14 loss that took a miraculous play to pull off, than a 43-8 pasting...wouldn't you agree, Gomez?

RESPONSE: Of course Brady anticipated that his team would score more than 17, after hanging 38 on the Giant's "D" a few weeks before. But, what you conveniently fail to mention is that the Giants outplyed the Pats in that 38-35 NE win for most of that game...and the Pats had to come from behind to beat them. You also fail to mention that the Giants that year went into Lambeau Field and beat the best team in the NFC that year, Green Bay...prior to the SB. Finally, you also fail to mention the fact that a US Senator and the NY Press conspired to create a huge distraction, the so-called "spygate II", on the eve of that SB. Never in the history of sports has the media endeavored to distract and destroy the character of a football team, on the eve of a championship game. And yet the Patriots came within 3 points of shoving all that back in the media's face. I REPEAT GOMEZ...came within 3 points...while the best yout Horsefaced hero could do was to com within 5 TDs of Seattle.

Manning sulked and quit in the Seattle debacle because the "crowd noise was too loud for him to call his audibles",  after that safety was tallied.  

RESPONSE: Surely you jest! Again, the Giants ripped through the NFC, and crushed the defending champs (Green Bay) on the road...before barely beating a Patriots team, with Gronk playing on one good leg. Final score, 24-20...not 43-8. LOL!!!

RESPONSE: You just accurately described Peyton's performance. The depleted Pats would have lost to Seattle. But, they would have given them a game.   

I repeat Gomez: 43-8. The first SB blowout in years!!

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts