just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense. (lloyd or hooman)

guess it wasnt so crazy an idea after all.

we'll see what josh has in mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

I think Vereen deserves more time, and that offensive grouping would be unstoppable! I just worry about lining Vereen up wide to muhc because the specific route is then dictated by what the D shows. Vereen will have to prove he can be on the same page as TB12 consistently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

Agreeing with a man named Boomer isn't necessarily a sign of genius.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

There are always way to defend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I have been posting all year about throwing more to vereen out of backfield and cutting down on empty bf look.  This game showed that.  Hernandez out of bf, too.  Wide open.

Tough to defend by lb in space.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Since Vereen can run as well, an interesting scheme will be having both Ridley and Vereen in the backfield at the same time in halfback positions to the left and right of Brady, together with whatever WR/TE combo positioned up front. There will be so many possible directions where and who the ball can go to, run play to left or right, play action pass to Vereen or WR/TE.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been posting all year about throwing more to vereen out of backfield and cutting down on empty bf look.  This game showed that.  Hernandez out of bf, too.  Wide open.

[/QUOTE]

depends on whether Brady is in uptempo mode.  The Texans didn't have enough time to set up, so, it's not so much that things can't be defended if the right people are on the field in a timely manner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense. (lloyd or hooman)

[/QUOTE]

I agree somewhat. I do think Vareen needs to see the ball more and they need to continue to work his matcups vs Linebackers but I disagree that he should be the outside WR. I mean he can run routes for a RB vs backers but against a CB, he doesnt really have a mismatch IMO. Running back routes are different than that of a WR and outside of wheel routes, screens and dump offs I have seen anything yet that tells me he can play a whole game outside but its not necessary IMO. I like when Mananahoowee is in there with Ridley in the power set and I like Vareen in the shotgun look and you mix that to keep em off balance. Lloyd is gonna have a big game IMO . I would like to see all 4 backs used to keep em off gaurd. Bolden played well vs them 1st game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I agree somewhat. I do think Vareen needs to see the ball more and they need to continue to work his matcups vs Linebackers but I disagree that he should be the outside WR. I mean he can run routes for a RB vs backers but against a CB, he doesnt really have a mismatch IMO. Running back routes are different than that of a WR and outside of wheel routes, screens and dump offs I have seen anything yet that tells me he can play a whole game outside but its not necessary IMO. I like when Mananahoowee is in there with Ridley in the power set and I like Vareen in the shotgun look and you mix that to keep em off balance. Lloyd is gonna have a big game IMO . I would like to see all 4 backs used to keep em off gaurd. Bolden played well vs them 1st game.

i too like all backs used. and id like to see a lot of vereen on th field.

i do think he has speed to beat cbs. we'll see what they do.

if l;loyd can get free thats a plus.

ususally brady has to be so perfect because our guys are so short and beacasue our wrs rarely separate

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Agreeing with a man named Boomer isn't necessarily a sign of genius.

i didnt agree with boomer. i threaded this sunday night.

boomer was on radio monday am.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

"I have been posting all year about throwing more to vereen out of backfield and cutting down on empty bf look.  This game showed that. "

been wiht you on that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This is how you defend against that...Get pressure with just 4 men rushing.

I don't care who the skill position players are, if a team can consistently get pressure rushing just 3 or 4, then everything is defensible. 

This game will largely be sided by Solder on Suggs and Vollmer on Kruger.

Ngata hasn't been nearly as dominant this season and I think Wendell and Mankins/Connolly should be able to handle him on the double team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

How many threads are you gonna start on this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to run ... unless you lifted Lloyd and kept a blocking TE in there, essentially using Vereen as a WR to replace Llloyd. 

It sounds more interesting than it is if you think about it for a while. 

Ridley isn't a plus blocker -- so if you are running Vereen, he is wasted. 

Vereen isn't either. 

You are taking Lloyd off for Vereen, essentially, when Lloyd is a better WR, and Vereen works (partially) split wide because Lloyd and Welk attract corners. 

If Ridley were an excellent blocker it might make sense as a Slot WR version of the proset. But he really isn't.

I wouldn't rule it out as a gimmick .... but in reality .... it will draw a match easily on personell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I predicted you would say this.....on another thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

They can't all play every snap. I like the way Vereen was used Sunday. Line him up in the backfield. Have him run sometimes, go out to receive from the backfield sometimes and shift to the outside sometimes. Keeps them guessing as to their assignments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

They can't all play every snap. I like the way Vereen was used Sunday. Line him up in the backfield. Have him run sometimes, go out to receive from the backfield sometimes and shift to the outside sometimes. Keeps them guessing as to their assignments.

Although it is incredibly maligned here ... that is precisely why NE subs Woodhead so much (and so very effectively). Vereen increases this. 

If Vereen lines up as a runner, you need a LBer to tackle him, if he is lined up as a WR you need a corner or safety to cover him. 

Ridley doesn't present this mismatch issue as a LBer can do both, and merely needs to follow him. 

If they keep a LBer on Vereen ... you keep splitting him wide and pass. Eventually, he'll even attract a safety over the top. He will smoke LBers that bad. 

If they bring in an extra safety ... you drop Vereen behind or beside the QB and run a traditional PA 2TE setup. 

Bascially, Vereen (and to a smaller degree Woodhead) allow NE to pick it's personell advantage. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I don't care who the skill position players are, if a team can consistently get pressure rushing just 3 or 4, then everything is defensible. 

Ngata hasn't been nearly as dominant this season and I think Wendell and Mankins/Connolly should be able to handle him on the double team

agree.

thats why iod like tp contruct a defense that can get pressure regualrly with only 4 men rushing.

looking at ansah in the draft or pass rushing de free agent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to run ... unless you lifted Lloyd and kept a blocking TE in there, essentially using Vereen as a WR to replace Llloyd. 

It sounds more interesting than it is if you think about it for a while. 

Ridley isn't a plus blocker --  he is wasted. 

Vereen isn't either. 

You are taking Lloyd off for Vereen, essentially, when Lloyd is a better WR, and Vereen works (partially) split wide because Lloyd and Welk attract corners. 

If Ridley were an excellent blocker it might make sense as a Slot WR version of the proset. But he really isn't.

I wouldn't rule it out as a gimmick .... but in reality .... it will draw a match easily on personell.

hey z,

"Except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to run ... unless you lifted Lloyd and kept a blocking TE in there, essentially using Vereen as a WR to replace Llloyd. "

yes thats what id liek to see sometimes

"so if you are running Vereen,"

in this sceanrio im not running vereen. he is in a passing rout.

teh gimmick is i see veren gettging more spearation than lloyd, esp on go routs. catch me?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

agreed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Although it is incredibly maligned here ... that is precisely why NE subs Woodhead so much (and so very effectively). Vereen increases this. 

If Vereen lines up as a runner, you need a LBer to tackle him, if he is lined up as a WR you need a corner or safety to cover him. 

Ridley doesn't present this mismatch issue as a LBer can do both, and merely needs to follow him. 

If they keep a LBer on Vereen ... you keep splitting him wide and pass. Eventually, he'll even attract a safety over the top. He will smoke LBers that bad. 

If they bring in an extra safety ... you drop Vereen behind or beside the QB and run a traditional PA 2TE setup. 

Bascially, Vereen (and to a smaller degree Woodhead) allow NE to pick it's personell advantage. 

yes, well delineated. use vereen MORE to paly withe these msimatches AND he will draw more attn, openningup wlek, hern, ridley, hoo, lloyd

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

hasn't been nearly as dominant this season and I think Wendell and Mankins/Connolly should be able to handle him on the double team

^.  That's the game right there    I don't think ngata is healthy enough to be a big factor.  Vollmer may need a te to help out. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:

How many threads are you gonna start on this?

one

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think after 25 posts nothing shows up anymore.