just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Maybe we'll see you on TV this week instead of Boomer. Not bad, right?

does being hateful and nasty improve the quality of your life?

perhaps being kind might.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

Test

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

Except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to run ... unless you lifted Lloyd and kept a blocking TE in there, essentially using Vereen as a WR to replace Llloyd. 

It sounds more interesting than it is if you think about it for a while. 

Ridley isn't a plus blocker --  he is wasted. 

Vereen isn't either. 

You are taking Lloyd off for Vereen, essentially, when Lloyd is a better WR, and Vereen works (partially) split wide because Lloyd and Welk attract corners. 

If Ridley were an excellent blocker it might make sense as a Slot WR version of the proset. But he really isn't.

I wouldn't rule it out as a gimmick .... but in reality .... it will draw a match easily on personell.

hey z,

"Except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to run ... unless you lifted Lloyd and kept a blocking TE in there, essentially using Vereen as a WR to replace Llloyd. "

yes thats what id liek to see sometimes

"so if you are running Vereen,"

in this sceanrio im not running vereen. he is in a passing rout.

teh gimmick is i see veren gettging more spearation than lloyd, esp on go routs. catch me?

So a two RB pro-set. Big TE (your choice) with Welker and Hern split wide. Ridley and Vereen split in the backfield ...  option to split either of them wide. 

I think Vereen can go on a go route as well as anyone on the team (not saying much though) but I think Lloyd is still better. They just roll a safety to the side Lloyd is on.

But Vereen could also run wheel routes out of the backfield, which Lloyd can't do. Take a pitch.

The only way I think it works is if you run it pro-set style, refusing (essentially) to declare which side the toss is going to. 

I don't think it's an optimal grouping, but like I said, I think they could do some stuff with it. 

Right now, I think 2TE with Vereen out there is NE's optimal "talent" group. Until they want to slow the game down, when Ridley can come on. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like what Vareen showed, I just wonder how he is going to react to the punch in the mouth the Ravens will give him (he didn't get that from the Texans). Is he going to hold onto the ball? He going to bounce right back up? Or is he going to come up holding something (Chung like)? I do think a guy like Lewis won't be able to cover him, but the Ravens will be prepared (unlike the Texans) for this guy catching some balls.

The question becomes, will Vareen be ready for the extra attention in the biggest game of the year? That's a toughy for a guy that has only played in about 100 minutes of professional football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Norman Julius Boner Azziason Has Zip ZERO Nada Super Bowl Wins, Enough Said.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense. (lloyd or hooman)

guess it wasnt so crazy an idea after all.

we'll see what josh has in mind.

I agree somewhat. I do think Vareen needs to see the ball more and they need to continue to work his matcups vs Linebackers but I disagree that he should be the outside WR. I mean he can run routes for a RB vs backers but against a CB, he doesnt really have a mismatch IMO. Running back routes are different than that of a WR and outside of wheel routes, screens and dump offs I have seen anything yet that tells me he can play a whole game outside but its not necessary IMO. I like when Mananahoowee is in there with Ridley in the power set and I like Vareen in the shotgun look and you mix that to keep em off balance. Lloyd is gonna have a big game IMO . I would like to see all 4 backs used to keep em off gaurd. Bolden played well vs them 1st game.

Agree and the guy I really wonder about is Mananhoowee, because he is out there running pass routes and he gets very little attention...the guy is open...yet Brady doesn't even look at him. And he is going to have to against a team like the Ravens, because he won't be able to zero in on Welker like he did against the Texans. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I think after 25 posts nothing shows up anymore. 

crap

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense. (lloyd or hooman)

guess it wasnt so crazy an idea after all.

we'll see what josh has in mind.

I agree somewhat. I do think Vareen needs to see the ball more and they need to continue to work his matcups vs Linebackers but I disagree that he should be the outside WR. I mean he can run routes for a RB vs backers but against a CB, he doesnt really have a mismatch IMO. Running back routes are different than that of a WR and outside of wheel routes, screens and dump offs I have seen anything yet that tells me he can play a whole game outside but its not necessary IMO. I like when Mananahoowee is in there with Ridley in the power set and I like Vareen in the shotgun look and you mix that to keep em off balance. Lloyd is gonna have a big game IMO . I would like to see all 4 backs used to keep em off gaurd. Bolden played well vs them 1st game.

Agree and the guy I really wonder about is Mananhoowee, because he is out there running pass routes and he gets very little attention...the guy is open...yet Brady doesn't even look at him. And he is going to have to against a team like the Ravens, because he won't be able to zero in on Welker like he did against the Texans. 

They're saving him for the Superbowl where he will have a significant impact on the game.  I can hear it now, the announcers are gonna be saying stuff like-Mananhooisthatguy?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to run ... unless you lifted Lloyd and kept a blocking TE in there, essentially using Vereen as a WR to replace Llloyd. 

Vereen isn't either. 

You are taking Lloyd off for Vereen, essentially, when Lloyd is a better WR, and Vereen works (partially) split wide because Lloyd and Welk attract corners. 

If Ridley were an excellent blocker it might make sense as a Slot WR version of the proset. But he really isn't.

I wouldn't rule it out as a gimmick .... but in reality .... it will draw a match easily on personell.

hey z,

"Except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to run ... unless you lifted Lloyd and kept a blocking TE in there, essentially using Vereen as a WR to replace Llloyd. "

teh gimmick is i see veren gettging more spearation than lloyd, esp on go routs. catch me?

So a two RB pro-set. Big TE (your choice) with Welker and Hern split wide. Ridley and Vereen split in the backfield ...  option to split either of them wide. 

I think Vereen can go on a go route as well as anyone on the team (not saying much though) but I think Lloyd is still better. They just roll a safety to the side Lloyd is on.

But Vereen could also run wheel routes out of the backfield, which Lloyd can't do. Take a pitch.

The only way I think it works is if you run it pro-set style, refusing (essentially) to declare which side the toss is going to. 

I don't think it's an optimal grouping, but like I said, I think they could do some stuff with it. 

Right now, I think 2TE with Vereen out there is NE's optimal "talent" group. Until they want to slow the game down, when Ridley can come on. 

got ya

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Vereen isn't either. 

hey z,

did you catch when i was talking about having vereen out wide. ridley in back hern and welker in pattern. lot of threats. vereen a threat to beat whoever covers him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Ridley isn't a plus blocker -- so if you are running Vereen, he is wasted. 

Vereen isn't either. 

In the end it's about exploiting matchups based on the personell packages on the field. If they deploy Vereen as a wideout, he'll then be defended by a cornerback negating the advantange vs if he lines up in the backfield, then goes in motion or splits out wide he'll be then be covered a linebacker, which is the matchup the Patriots are trying to exploit.

Llyod's role in the offense when he's on the field is to occupy both the corner and the safety to his side...thus negating the defesnes ability to double both Hernandez and Welker. The math is simple when they're in their base defense with 4 DB'S and 3 LB and we have two tightends with Hernandez, Lloyd and Welker on the field with Ridley, Vereen or Woodhead in the backfield. One of the safeties has to play off the line and get as deep as our deepest reciever (Lloyd). Which forces them to cover the back with a linebacker...When they're in nickle we pound them with the run and play action.

End of the day, what makes our offense tough to defend is that they have multiple packages based on the personell on the field. Having three backs that all can catch the ball and run inside or out add another element along with Hernandez, who often lines up in the backfield that defenses have to honor...