Just like 2001.........Patriots are positioned to win it all!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

Just like 2001.........Patriots are positioned to win it all!

The Patriots are underdogs and everyone outside of New England is counting them out as serious contenders to reach the Superbowl.........................Except, for one thing; We know the Pats are just where we want them to be;(just like 2001 all over again).

They have an attitude once again with the will, desire, and committment to prove everyone wrong!

They may be beat up and not have the talent or depth of other teams but pissed off and ready to prove themselves!

Lets finish this decade like we started it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Just like 2001.........Patriots are positioned to win it all!

Like it was said. " This weekend the Pats tank, the Jets choke and its 4th and 2 sequel in Indy". We're in a great position to make a run deep.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

I agree Sam-Adams...........depends on how they approach the game and whether they play to win with first string............................We'll see, but llike their chances and not living in the past........this year has some resemblance in terms of low expectations to win it all but highly motivated to prove themselves to doubters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

I think your all right on the money. The only difference between now and 01 is veteran leadership, the question is how much is that worth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Long range forecast:  Albert Breer has the Patriots at #2, just barely below the Saints in offensive and defensive efficiency.  Jeff Sagarin's "Predictor" point differential index has the Patriots clearly at #1 in point differential.  My own point differential index is weighted toward recent games and it has the Pats even farther ahead of anybody else.

This team is on a slow upward curve.  That's what happens when you have eight of your draft choices on the field and learning, especially when four of those draft choices are high to mid second rounders.  Rookies get better.  In addition, the Pats signed a big pile of free agents who all had to learn the complex Patriots' defense or offense. 

Short range forecast:  The Patriots played a game or two without (Gasp is that guy fat these days!   Like Bruschi once said about Two Ton Ted, you could show movies on his backside.  If he was ever an underpants bomber he could take out a city block.) Vince Wilfork or Ty Warren.  The team still did ok, giving up 3 points to Buffalo before the game hit the blowout stage, and giving up 0 points to Jacksonville before the game hit the blowout stage.  I expect to see both guys quite healthy for the playoffs. 

On offense, the O-line hasn't allowed a sack in four games straight.  Furthermore, Fred Taylor got a tune-up in the fourth quarter last week.  He's back and getting in the flow of things. 

Finally, Bill Belichick is known to play teams better the second time around.  This isn't good news for Baltimore, the Jets, Denver, Indy, or New Orleans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Id expect the Patriots will not play the starters all the way through...more of a tune up game and a chance to get a little rest and healthy for playoff run. Anyway, interesting to see how they play this game, I would rest my top players after first half. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Maybe...Just maybe...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I hope so.  it would be great to be on top again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Unlike 2001, the Patriots don't have big-time playmakers (yet). They aren't considered "underdogs" anymore. I'd like to see them play all of their starters today vs. Houston - because I think it would tell us a lot about whether our defense can hold up against teams like the Colts and Saints in the playoffs.

Lastly, the Patriots red zone offense and defense are still suspect - for whatever reason (play calling, lack of execution, no playmakers).

Likely one and done....

Sections
Shortcuts