Just Look at the Versatility

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Just Look at the Versatility

I'm excited about Amendola.  I just really hope he stays healthy to shut the doubters up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

That video definitely makes it clear that Danny can do some things Wes can't.  He might not be as good as Wes at some things but he has a lot more take it to the house potential imo. That bomb in OT is definitely not something Wes can do anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

He has the potential to be a special player in this league.  I'm hoping Brady can help bring that out in him.  This offense will be an exciting one to watch, its going to evolve into something different, which i feel is necessary.

Hopefully its an offense that plays its best football in big games and can make the big play at the end to close out the game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Then think about much better Brady is, how much better the O Line and weaponry is here. Oh my:

Pay special note to the route he runs in OT vs the supposed elite SF D. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cdN8dML8

of course u always have a wise a** comment or putdown dont you?

if sf defense isn't elite than the pats is playing div II college

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Look at this one handed doozy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D93ln0Dp9M

This was beautiful

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Yeah, this wasn't meant to show up what Wes can't do, but it's a nice little tease considering he can line up outside and inside which only makes it more of a problem for Ds to have to account for Gronk and Hernandez on the inside.

Get 1 more route running guy for an outside option (Sanders, draft pick or both) and let er rip.

Brady back under center a bit, let Amendola use his range to push defenders back on his routes.

I don't think people understand that Welker's range is so limited the shotgun probably had to be used more to suit his skill set. Again, not meant to bash Welker at all.

Just saying.

Amendola is like a touch of Welker and a guy who can scare you on the outside, or at least force you account for it.

Welker couldn't do both due to his size.

COMPLETLY HYPOTHETICAL--WARNING--WARNING---
    Regular season question for Ride...

Hang with me here for a second...i want to get your opinion on a scenario that is completely possible...what would you say if the following happens

1.because of the good Health of gronk and Ballard AH spends a lot of time on the outside.all three are healthy and putting up crazy numbers. AH breaks out with 88 catches, 1225 yds, 9 tds-gronk has a gronk year--amazing.

2.DA stays almost entirely in the slot--has tremendous year. catches 119 balls for 1412yds, 4tds.

3.brady spends slightly more time in shot-gun this year than last.weapons everywhere! throws 5300yds 44tds 8int.

4.running game takes small step forward-no 1000 yard gainer but verenn and ridley both have very solid season and vereen was super coming out on the screen. 1500 combined rushing yds

5. defense improved all around the board. top 12 in all cats.

recap:

pats lead the league in offense--on the arm of Tb-defense took some great steps improving. they finish 12-4.

would you be upset/angry/frustrated at any of the above. Would you be doing cart wheels of joy? how would you feel?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Yeah, this wasn't meant to show up what Wes can't do, but it's a nice little tease considering he can line up outside and inside which only makes it more of a problem for Ds to have to account for Gronk and Hernandez on the inside.

Get 1 more route running guy for an outside option (Sanders, draft pick or both) and let er rip.

Brady back under center a bit, let Amendola use his range to push defenders back on his routes.

I don't think people understand that Welker's range is so limited the shotgun probably had to be used more to suit his skill set. Again, not meant to bash Welker at all.

Just saying.

Amendola is like a touch of Welker and a guy who can scare you on the outside, or at least force you account for it.

Hang with me here for a second...i want to get your opinion on a scenario that is completely possible...what would you say if the following happens

1.because of the good Health of gronk and Ballard AH spends a lot of time on the outside.all three are healthy and putting up crazy numbers. AH breaks out with 88 catches, 1225 yds, 9 tds-gronk has a gronk year--amazing.

2.DA stays almost entirely in the slot--has tremendous year. catches 119 balls for 1412yds, 4tds.

3.brady spends slightly more time in shot-gun this year than last.weapons everywhere! throws 5300yds 44tds 8int.

4.running game takes small step forward-no 1000 yard gainer but verenn and ridley both have very solid season and vereen was super coming out on the screen. 1500 combined rushing yds

recap:

pats lead the league in offense--on the arm of Tb-defense took some great steps improving. they finish 12-4.

would you be upset/angry/frustrated at any of the above. Would you be doing cart wheels of joy? how would you feel?

i think you're high

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Just saying.

recap:

I think your stats are bloated. How about we just focus on Brady a bit more under center, a tad more running and moving the good WRs from the X Y and Z like the old days?

Just looking to see if there is any wiggle room in how your going to gauge a sucessful season based on what you would like to see versus what you may see. Just seems to me there are a lot of ways this offense could go. some I may like-- others not so much. Will be fun watching though! u r right-versatile.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Just saying.

recap:

I think your stats are bloated. How about we just focus on Brady a bit more under center, a tad more running and moving the good WRs from the X Y and Z like the old days?

Just looking to see if there is any wiggle room in how your going to gauge a sucessful season based on what you would like to see versus what you may see. Just seems to me there are a lot of ways this offense could go. some I may like-- others not so much. Will be fun watching though! u r right-versatile.

Well, they have targeted Emmanuel Sanders for a reason, too. Basically, if they like him that much, he'll be on the team.

Donald Jones...who knows. He comes off more like a project guy, but the IQ is high, so we'll see.

I also think there is another WR in the mix they like whether it be waiting to pounce on the cap squeeze or through the draft, maybe in Rd 1.

At worst, Hernadez replaces Welker as the defacto slot guy, Amendola is moved all around, as is Sanders, and you resign Edelman for insurance and to return punts, as your 3rd QB saving that roster spot.

WR: Amendola, Sanders, 1st rd pick, Edelman, Jones, Slater

TEs: Gronk, Hern, Ballard

A successful season is Brady under Center more, a tad more commitment to traditional run sets and a SB title.

u forgot an actual defense

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the kid can ball, there is absolutely no doubt about that. as long as the man stays healthy, he will quickly become a fan favorite at gillette.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

the kid can ball, there is absolutely no doubt about that. as long as the man stays healthy, he will quickly become a fan favorite at gillette.

he might it's certainly possible

but u have to admit you may also be hearing chants of "we want wes" by week 10

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

he might it's certainly possible

but u have to admit you may also be hearing chants of "we want wes" by week 10

well its possible that amendola doesnt work out and people are disappointed. but i do think most people realize that, while it sucks that they let welker go, it was going to happen sometime.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Fun video for sure. It will be exciting to see what he can do in NE and see what the Pats have in store for him.

Btw, he can get down field at times but that video shows how easily he is tackled and his yards after catch are not impressive. Certainly not better then Welkers.

I know I will get slammed here for mentioning Welker but Rusty has gone on record over and over, post after post, thread after thread telling untruths just to push his agenda here, tow the company line and push Amendola and berate Welker.

But the things he says over and over are not true.

Rusty has said Welker was basically only a slot WR.  That Amendola lines up on the outside a lot more, that Amendola lines up in more positions then Welker has.  That Amendola runs more screen passes and can be better at running those.

Well let me spew the facts here... 

Since 2009 Danny Amendola has ran a higher percentage of his routes from the slot (85.3%) then Welker has (73.8%)

While Rusty also likes to make a big deal how Amendola is a better deep receiver then Welker is.  Since 2009 out of 2104 routes ran Welker has been targeted as a deep receiver  38 times with 17 receptions for 655 yards.  An average of 38.5 yards per deep reception.  Out of 1085 routes ran Amendola was targeted 18 times with 5 receptions for 163 yards.  An average of 32.6 yards per reception.

In another thread Rust said how much better the Pats will do with adding Amendola into screen passes, something Rusty said Welker didn't do much.  In 2012 Welker was targeted 22 time on screen passes while Amondola just 7.

As you can see Rusty just throw's out numbers and stats as well as false statements.  The things he says is just not true.  He has an agenda here regardless if what he says is true or not.  How can people believe a word he says?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I am reserving judgement and will wait to see what happened next season to evaluate the merits of the personnel decisions made in this off-season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I don't see anything on the clip that Welker didn't do except not get hurt as much as this kid--I hope he can stay healthy-if he does he'll put up good numbers.

Sections
Shortcuts