Just Look at the Versatility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Just Look at the Versatility

I certainly looks like one thing is clear on the vidieo. Whether its good or bad...he fights after the catch for more yardage, whereas, WW would go down. Like I said, I don't know if that is good or bad...just a clear difference in the two

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Watched this video when we first got him, and there were two routes/catches that impressed me (one where he is 15 yards down field and catches it tightly between two defenders and the deeper route). I think for instance if you put an Edelman in those situations, he would never make those catches...Welker either. I will say however to not get too excited about that one deeper catch because even a guy like Llyod got deep against San Fran...baltimores receivers got 15 yards of separation against San Fran's corners.

i think he's got talent...I just don't think he will stay healthy. To me when he runs he looks a little stiff, which might explain something with his durability...then again, maybe not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Here is another decent highlight reel against the skins last year

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=wY8x4jY4Wl8

what stands out to me;

he has good short area quickness and change of direction like Wes.

he catches almost everything thrown his way. 

Doesnt over expose his body to big hits. Wes was the master here at protecting his body

but Danny is pretty good as well.

he uses his hands well to make catches. Wes did okay here, but Wes tended to catch

a lot with his body ...maybe because he has small hands

decent punt returner but honestly I think Edelman is better, more electric in the open field. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Where are you getting that data from? Also, if you can't see that he is effective when on the outside, I cannot help you.

Lastly, I don't care if STL chose to use him more in the slot than they should have.  He will not be just a slot WR here. 

I also said NOTHING about screens whatsoever. That was Bedard's analysis.

Finally, keep in mind with out obsessive QB throwing 40+ times a game it is not surprising Welker fielded more screens than Amendola. STL had Steve JAckson and you know, didn't have a QB in the shotgun on all 3 downs every snap. lol

It's called research.  The numbers are out there and you need to check them out before you start making false comments like you have.  You said in other threads that Amendola lines up in more positions then Welker.  Wrong!  Welker lines up in more positions then Amendola.  You have said the Rams used Amendola outside to run deeper routes then Welker did with the Patriots.  Wrong!  Now after I show you the facts, you say you don't care if the Rams chose to use Amendola in the slot more then they should have you backtrack from you comments that you have previously stated over and over again that they didn't.  And you now say he won't be just a slot receiver with the Pats.  Well Welker wasn't either.  I showed you the numbers.

You can spin all you want Rusty, but the fact is you make false statement on this forum!, You make statements that fit your agenda, even if they aren't the truth! 

Could Amendola be a good player for the Patriots?  You bet he can!  He can be a fantastic weapon for the Patriots, I am very excited to see him in the offense.  But it cost the Patriots  a proven, productive, durable player.  And for you to come here day after day spinning it by making false statements about what Amendola has done compared to Welker just my point about you and I back it up with numbers, facts, something you don't do.

Here ya go...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/14/by-the-numbers-welker-and-amendola/   

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No, I would never have specified a number such as "6" in any way shape or form. So, no, no o ne remembers me saying "only 6 times".

You're the worst liar ever.

Welker is a slot WR, plain and simple. At best, his lining up  on the perimeter was ineffective and a wrinkle or decoy.

Period.

You don't line up a 5'8 dwarf on the perimter in this era with larger CBs and act like it's a matchup advantage.  The only way it would be is if it was man coverage and D had a LB on hi which obviously rarely, if ever was the case.

Glad I could help. lmao

You don't do your research.  You throw out blanket statements that fit your agenda.  You don't give out numbers?  I have seen several statements in threads where you stated Amendola lines up in more positions then Welker does.  That Welker lined up in the Slot position 99% of the time.  You said that on this forum.  I just proved you wrong, dude!  Again, you go around here and state your opinion as fact instead of stating facts.  You are a fraud, a hoax, a tow the company line, spin everything according to your agenda.

You say "you don't line up a 5'8" dwarf dwarf on the perimter in this era with larger CBs and act like it's a matchup advantage."  Yet they did at times with pretty good success at it when they did do it.  More success then Amendola did with the Rams when he was lined up out there.  And once again, you throw out a false statement to push your agenda.  Welker is listed as 5'9", not 5'8". Amendola is listed as 5'11"  Its not like going from a 5'9" guy to a 6'2" guy. We are talking Amendola is 2 inches taller and still under 6 feet.  Probably aren't going to have much success with him on the outside a whole lot anyways "in this era with larger CBs" as you stated.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I literally have no idea how many times or what the percentage is. I chose 99% for effect, to show it was VERY, VERY RARE to have Welker on the flank (VERY RARE) and if he was on the flank, he wasn't effective or targeted.

Meanwhile, Amendola was moved all over and gets separation downfield on the flank.

Anyone with a brain can easily get the point/premise.

But, you're jealousy is delicious.  Jets suck and will be in last place in the AFCE.

So, who is the new coach for NY in 2014, Phatty Virgin?

You choose numbers for effect??? Hahahaha!  What a fraud you are. You go around here saying things that are untrue, acting like they are true and now you admit that you say them for effect????  WoW!!! Are you serious??  That is called pushing your agenda with false information. 

Now you are saying Amendola was moved all over and gets seperation downfield on the flank?  Prove it!!  I have numbers that show Welker did move and more successfully!!  Maybe you meant Amendola does when he isn't targeted.  That's gotta be what you meant!  You are a fraud!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No. Source your numbers. There is no way Welker lined up on the perimeter last year almost 30% of the time.

And, you're still wrong, because if that is true at almost 30%, what did he do in that role on the flank?

Welker ONLY produced running his 5 routes in the slot.  Rex Ryan said the other day he really only runs like 5 routes, but does them very well.

Yep.

You don't get it. The upside with Amendola, his bigger frame, larger catch radius, longer legs for speed, etc, means he can run more routes from different spots (X, Y, Z) more effectively than Welker.

Deal it with. Your binky was limited due to his size which is why no one was bidding for him at the 8-10 million per year he wanted.

I provided my source.  So as you bash Rex Ryan all the time on here you now use one of his quotes as proven fact?  WoW!!  This is not going to be one of your better days here, you fraud.  I'm sure Rex didn't have the numbers in front of him.  But I proved my statement with the fact.  I provided the link to the facts, you go check them out and get back to me.  I will be curious to see how you are going to spin those facts.  

You spew off all Amendola's physical attributes like they guarantees of what he is going to do.  If we go by that then heck, why not go with Matthew Slater over Amendola, he has "a bigger frame, larger catch radius, longer legs for speed, etc, " which should "means he can run more routes from different spots (X, Y, Z) more effectively" than Amendola.

Your logic here is baffling!  Proof is on the field. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Burger king guy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

If he stays healthy, we wont miss a beat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

No more arguing based on conjecture and projection, let next season's result speak for itself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Good to see some people here realize DA is not WW and that his skill set is actually a better compliment to this O. That does not mean he is better or worse, just a better fit. Of course it assumes at least two things: (1) he stays relatively healthy and (2) he develops a good chemistry with TB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Good to see some people here realize DA is not WW and that his skill set is actually a better compliment to this O. That does not mean he is better or worse, just a better fit. Of course it assumes at least two things: (1) he stays relatively healthy and (2) he develops a good chemistry with TB.

He is a talent and I think the people that don't realize that will see that right away. The problem/debate is why not just keep Welker? Same money...durable, seems like a safe bet for two years. That's the question...why sign a guy for basically the same money if that player is hurt a lot? To get younger? I think most would argue that Welker can do it at a high level for another couple of years,  it's not like he's 34. This whole thing is a major risk on so many levels..so many.

For one, as soon as this guy gets hurt the Kraft family and Belichick will never hear the end of it - it will turn into a huge and unwanted distraction. Another thing...if he does stay healthy, but doesn't put up the numbers that Welker is doing it will be another distraction...especially if the offense is faltering. And oh looooordy if he doesn't get on the same page as Brady...yikes! That will blow up like crazy! I think this is the least likely to happen - I think the kid is more than good enough to get on the same page and contribute in a major fashion...problem is I think he's going to get hurt. Some guys just can't take the pounding, Edelman is one of those guys, this guy looks like another.

Sections
Shortcuts