Just me...or is this board dying?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Just me...or is this board dying?

It would help if the Patriots-Giants (preseason) game thread was not permanently pinned as the second thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

When/if the bugs get worked out, people will gradually come back.

Unfortunately that may not be true....While this boards administraters sit on their hands. many of us have found other options and revisited old options that have improved. They may be going down the road of the official team site, gone. Once the land slide of decline reaches criticle mass, recovery sometimes becomes imposible....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

Unfortunately that may not be true....While this boards administraters sit on their hands. many of us have found other options and revisited old options that have improved. They may be going down the road of the official team site, gone. Once the land slide of decline reaches criticle mass, recovery sometimes becomes imposible....

Don't ask me why but I've been frequenting the forums at Colts.com. To me, that's the way a forum should be set up. Maybe Patriots.com will follow suit someday.

Here's the site, http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/forum/5-nfl-general/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I suspect they are not sitting on thier hands..they just invested $$ in this site upgrading the technology. I suspect big $$ cause it seems custom (due to the bugs) not a packaged forum solution. Custom means real programmers and orignal code more money but more flexibility in the long run.

Just in case you are right what are the best other options you are talking about?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I think the biggest reason for crickets chirping right now is the swtich to boston.com managing the board before apparently being prepared to do so.  Lots of bugs as noted above. Frustrating when you can't get to page consistently.

The upgrade is nonexistent. This is a downgrade on functionality. Such a long delay with getting even spell check on. ?!

As far as Pats football. Plenty to post about!  Gawd it's good to be a Pats fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think that a lot has to do with the new format,  once they or if they get the bugs out it should pick up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

boards are harder to find on the front page so many people are waiting for them to be fully fixed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Its definitely dying.  Its been going downhill for about a year or so.  This change to the new format makes it even worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

Sad, just as the board was coming back to life following the banishing of Rusty and Babe, they come back and the board dies.

That's it. It's brilliant deductions like this which keep this board really interesting. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

If we have more football talk it will come back.  This board went through a period where every thread turned into arguements and insults.  A lot of people got fed up with it and left. It's been better lately but the recent changeover has caused problems. Hopefully they work out the bugs here, its looking like it will be a great season for the Patriots.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Its definitely dying.  Its been going downhill for about a year or so.  This change to the new format makes it even worse.

When every thread became an epic BB can't coach and Brady can't play thread it caused arguing, as it should have. Oh well. I've got no argument left. Throw out a fact or two. That's about it for me at this point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

...........P.S. The fact that BABE  has become the "voice of reason" around here has to be a harbinger of gloom for the world (At least this world) 

..I wonder if the heads of this site feel as comfortable as the leaders of Alderaan the day before the Death Star was proved operational................

That's just crazy. What is the world coming to?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I don't sense much enthusiasm from this board for a team that deserves an over-the-top enthusiastic fan base. Maybe it's time to switch to a more animated message board. Suggestions?

i get you and see your point. i posted several the past week, like the ridley to the rescue one today on his stats. surprised so few coments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

Conspiracy theorists might be tempted to say that Boston.com WANTS this board to die . . .

No denying that the board is fast becomming a shell of it's former self .

This is free content and free material for the Globe writers to draw on, we know they do. They would have to be stupid to try and kill it.

However..I think technical difficulties are the culprit.

I could not get on today for 2 hours, notice many many posts have simply been filtered out of old threads. Other strange stuff is going on too.

ao maybe that is the reaosn why it seems like less enthusiasm ....if folks cant log on...though we'll never know

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The board is experiencing technical issues as the powers that be try to 'upgrade'.  Not uncommon on a popular chat board.  Quite frankly, regardless of what posters think both Babe and Rusty generate activity on the board.  I don't always agree with either of them but simply because their posting styles have an 'edge' doesn't mean that they don't bring worthwhile dialog to the table.

Once the wrinkles get ironed out I think posting activity will increase. 

On a personal note, I haven't posted much lately simply because I'm recovering from some injuries I incurred in an automobile accident.  I expect to be back to battery here in the coming weeks and hope to be more active on the board.

Hang in everyone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

The board is experiencing technical issues as the powers that be try to 'upgrade'.  Not uncommon on a popular chat board.

RESPONSE: Do you really believe that they're trying to "upgrade"?? This appears to be nothing more than an effort on their part to cut costs.

Quite frankly, regardless of what posters think both Babe and Rusty generate activity on the board.  I don't always agree with either of them but simply because their posting styles have an 'edge' doesn't mean that they don't bring worthwhile dialog to the table.

RESPONSE: Though Babe is head over heels for Tom Brady, he makes some good points on occasion, and seems to know the game. On the other hand, Rusty...geez.

Once the wrinkles get ironed out I think posting activity will increase.

RESPONSE: It's more than wrinkles...it's more like cracks. I really don't see what they're doing as an attempt to upgrade. 

On a personal note, I haven't posted much lately simply because I'm recovering from some injuries I incurred in an automobile accident.  I expect to be back to battery here in the coming weeks and hope to be more active on the board.

RESPONSE: Sorry to hear that. Wishing you a speedy recovery, my friend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'd hoped more people were more positive than I. Seems many share the same fears I do.

I, too, am starting to wonder if this "upgrade" was actually a cost-saving decision. It seems to me, if they wanted to support this, they would have created and worked out bugs in their "new" system before deciding to stop paying for other software. Instead, they pulled the plug, and seem to be trying to throw something together. I don't know. That's part of the problem, nobody really knows as the information made available to us has been minimal. There's a thread for suggestions, not sure when the last time a BDC employee chimed in.

Not sure what was going through my head. I mean, I guess I could see how I'd confuse the blue and white for red and white. Andrew Luck sounds almost exactly like John Skelton too. At any rate, Skelton should provide some humor at least.

I take hope from this that so many people wanted to discuss teh future of this board. hopefully enough will be around once it gets sorted out. New posters were a rarity before, axing some of the older posters + to the slow arrival of new posters = a speedy death.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

RESPONSE: Do you really believe that they're trying to "upgrade"?? This appears to be nothing more than an effort on their part to cut costs.

This is exactly what happened to the official team site. We waited for over a yeay for the upgrades to show up, and they never did. It did kill the site....If the official team site could go down like this, what more insentive does BDC have to maintain this. There has been not one sign yet of their intentions to inprove over what we now have....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

This is exactly what happened to the official team site. We waited for over a yeay for the upgrades to show up, and they never did. It did kill the site....If the official team site could go down like this, what more insentive does BDC have to maintain this. There has been not one sign yet of their intentions to inprove over what we now have....

I mean if they had ANY intentions of improveing this site you would see some effort....Just HOW HARD IS IT to unpin the Giants Pats game thread......Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see they have all but abandoned this site....Now that is cost savings...When the numbers of hits have droped to a certain point the will save even more by shutting down this site,,,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

I suspect they are not sitting on thier hands..they just invested $$ in this site upgrading the technology. I suspect big $$ cause it seems custom (due to the bugs) not a packaged forum solution. Custom means real programmers and orignal code more money but more flexibility in the long run.

Just in case you are right what are the best other options you are talking about?

Here's one for you :   http://www.patsfans.com/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

how about some real communication and timeline for full completion???

Sections
Shortcuts