Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

...is their own attitude about who he is pointing to.
    READ THIS FIRST: Don't judge who Tebow is pointing to based on anything Tebow says or does.

...so why judge Tebow?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Sums it up for me.  I use Kurt Warner as my guide here, he acknowleged his faith, but didn't beat me to death with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I have no problems with Tebow or his religious beliefs. But Elway was 100% correct in has assessment yesterday and right in saying he has not stopped looking for a franchise quarterback. Tebow had one great drive against the Jets, the rest of the night was filled with 3-and-outs. He needs to improve on that greatly if he is going to be successful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE] “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.   6  But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Sums it up for me.  I use Kurt Warner as my guide here, he acknowleged his faith, but didn't beat me to death with it.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

"...And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles. Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing...."

You do realize the Word reads differently for believers than it does for hypocrites, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : "...And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles. Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing...." You do realize the Word reads differently for believers than it does for hypocrites, right?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

what a hypocritical thing to say 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Scriptue.

It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : "...And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles. Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing...." You do realize the Word reads differently for believers than it does for hypocrites, right?

Not nice.  you don't even know me.  lifting up holy hands doesn't imply in public. I pointed out that I had no problem with Kurt Warner, so obviously I dont think Tebow shouldn't do anything, I just think he is over the top.  
    Nice of you to decide whether or not I'm a believer, I will just tell God on the day I am judged that you said I wasn't, so he can just skip the whole book of life thing.  I'm sure he needs help with that.  Good of you to volunteer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Do people really have that big of a problem with someone being religious? To each his own, who says every religious guy has to be like Kurt Warner

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am not one who is a big believer in PDR (public displays of religion), and I do believe Tebow is over the top with his constant proclamations, sometimes unsolicited. But when I really think about it there are worse things in this world than a guy who believes in God.  If he really practices what he preaches then good for him.  It's the hypocrites that really get me.  He doesn't seem to be a hypocrite.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

The only time it really bothers me is when someone is forcing their religion on someone else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Not nice.  you don't even know me.  lifting up holy hands doesn't imply in public. I pointed out that I had no problem with Kurt Warner, so obviously I dont think Tebow shouldn't do anything, I just think he is over the top.   Nice of you to decide whether or not I'm a believer, I will just tell God on the day I am judged that you said I wasn't, so he can just skip the whole book of life thing.  I'm sure he needs help with that.  Good of you to volunteer.

Curious that you would read judgement into my post and that I have said you are not a believer. As for judgement day? Who do you think will be "judged" on that day? Believers or non-believers?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Sorry, your last line seemed to imply it.  I withdraw comment.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]The only time it really bothers me is when someone is forcing their religion on someone else.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Agree fully CZ. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE] “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.   6  But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Sums it up for me.  I use Kurt Warner as my guide here, he acknowleged his faith, but didn't beat me to death with it.

Thats an excellent piece to quote. So true and what i always tell folks. Do your prayer in private. Noone needs to see it. Your heart is known by the most high

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

May I ask why you are making threads about Tim Tebow and Christianity on a Patriots forum?  I like Frosted Flakes, i'll make a thread about that.  I could sort of, kind of, understand the Tebow obession here when Denver is coming up....but that's not the case this week.  Let the kid play without militant athiests and the Tebow cheerleaders chiming in every other second.  I haven't been judging Tebow on his faith, I've been judging him as a QUARTERBACK completing 44% of his passes for 5.7 an attempt.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]May I ask why you are making threads about Tim Tebow and Christianity on a Patriots forum?  I like Frosted Flakes, i'll make a thread about that.  I could sort of, kind of, understand the Tebow obession here when Denver is coming up....but that's not the case this week.  Let the kid play without militant athiests and the Tebow cheerleaders chiming in every other second.  I haven't been judging Tebow on his faith, I've been judging him as a QUARTERBACK completing 44% of his passes for 5.7 an attempt.  
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Sorry, was responding to local radio media rhetoric too much I suppose.
    Nevermind...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'll give you my two cents.

I think it's because one; he gets more publicity than he deserves as a NFL quarterback but for me it's different. I started out totally not liking him and then I broke down why...........I listened to sports radio hosts and they told me to.
    The more I looked and thought it's because he's a better person than I am. He does things for others, he helps build churches in the Phillipines, he works with underprivaledged children, he goes to hospitals and sits with the dying, he truly cares about people and 99% of the rest of us don't.

I'm not a fan but I'm also not a hater, I look at what he does on the field and what the Bronco's record is and that's it....maybe the rest of us should too and this topic may finally fizzle out?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Sorry, was responding to local radio media rhetoric too much I suppose. Nevermind...
    I didn't mean to sound so harsh, Because I understand why Tebow supporters want to see their guy succeed.  The media is tough on him sometimes, however I also see endless Tebow praise that is not even remotely based in reality.  I try as much as I can to base player evalutations on the players, not on their religion, hair color, etc.  I just wish people would tone it down a bit, let him play and see how he develops.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I couldn't care less about Tebow, I actually think he's a great guy. A bit full of himself but he's using his fame to help a lot of people out. What I get annoyed by are the self righteous people who go to the nth degree about Tebow. Honestly Tebow is not a great QB. A good leader yes a good QB, no not even close. But, some people take this as a personal attack and then make it about his religion. I can't stand people who make it a personal problem because I don't think Tebow is great QB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nolastname. Show nolastname's posts

I'm not a fan of anyone who pimps his religion in front of TV cameras. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Maybe you can point out what part of the Word teaches you to be bigoted towards people who don't believe as you do. And isn't there something about the sin of pride?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not a fan of anyone who pimps his religion in front of TV cameras. 
    Posted by nolastname[/QUOTE]

I'm confused (what are you saying?) by statements like this...

nolast...all I'm saying is to not judge "religion" based on what someone "pimps" okay? Because when all the games are played and all the Super Bowls are over, you still have to be reconciled to why you feel "pimped"...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Maybe you can point out what part of the Word teaches you to be bigoted towards people who don't believe as you do. And isn't there something about the sin of pride?
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. Now I'm "bigoted"....hmmmm...all I said is others see the Word differently than believers do. No one is more. No one is less. If you plan to discuss this thing you call "sin" I'd say you presuppose the existence of a right and wrong. No?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'm not a religious person and don't go to church. But I have no problem with an athlete that gives thanks for his talent to a higher being or believes in a strict moral code of decent behavior.

25:41- "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Who loses sleep over stuff like this?

I mean, who? I heard absolutely zero complaining when Reggie White did it....and that occurred constantly. Bottom line is he's gonna start every interview with the same "Lord and Savior" thing and then begin answering questions. 

I know...its maybe 5 whole seconds in your life that you'll never get back.

But once again I have to wonder; who loses sleep over stuff like this?