Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

I'm reminded of the the words of the great philosopher, Hulka a/k/a the Big Toe:

"Lighten up, Francis." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

"Sport doesn't build character, it reveals it."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Just sayin...better than more Tebow talk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]Just sayin...better than more Tebow talk.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]
       Oh, god is good!! lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Calvin: I believe personal greed justifies everything. Also, private lives are legitimate public entertainment. And the lowest common denominator is always right. Do I have career options or what?
    Hobbes: I think I need to start hanging around with other animals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]Calvin : I believe personal greed justifies everything. Also, private lives are legitimate public entertainment. And the lowest common denominator is always right. Do I have career options or what? Hobbes : I think I need to start hanging around with other animals .
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

yes, sir, we for SURE agree with you.  get the he!! out, posthaste, please.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Just sayin...better than more Tebow talk.

LOL, That particular cheerleader position should be abolished. It makes me want to be naughty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Where do you get these numbers?  Didn't you tell us a week ago that 95% of HC's were white.  There is more than one black QB starting in the NFL.  Young had a chance, acted like a baby and generally stunk.  That's how it works. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I don't think I ever said that 95% of all NFL coaches are white because I know at least 6 black NFL coaches. Last I checked, 6 of 32 isn't 90%. Second off, I guess I forgot Josh Freeman and Cam Newton. Vick, Newton, Freeman are the only starting black QBs in the NFL. Now, with Young, I'm not trying to defend him, but he's a better version of Tebow. He's a winner (31-17) too, where's the outcry? 

Look, I'm sorry, but to say that Tebow is discriminated when it comes to playing QB because he's white is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, EVER! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

we all know that if tebow went to lsu zbellino would be crucified to his dickshaft

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I have nothing against Tim Tebow OR God.  But I feel like I'm being sold a product, rather than witnessing a person who is giving thanks to his creator.  It is too often, too pointed, and too obvious.  He has the freedom to do so, but I have the freedom to not like it.  I am far more upset about the NFL getting the networks to stop showing the prayer circles that form after every game, where players from both teams come together and kneel in prayer.  THAT is an expression of thankfulness to God that I'm fine with, and for some reason they banned it without saying anything.  It's like shots of empty seats, they only show it if its unavoidable.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I just hate all the airtime spent on the guy, just like I hate all the air time spent on Manning. More time spent on them means less time spent on other teams that are in the playoff hunt that maybe shouldn't be. I would rather hear and read about those teams and players.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : ... Now, with Young, I'm not trying to defend him, but he's a better version of Tebow. He's a winner (31-17) too, where's the outcry?...

Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Vince Young is a punk. He got his coach fired and a ticket out of town in Tennessee.  He's a proven head case (he threatened suicide as I recall) and a quitter.  It won't end well with VY, that much is clear. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

You mean hypocrite like you right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Vince Young is a punk. He got his coach fired and a ticket out of town in Tennessee.  He's a proven head case (he threatened suicide as I recall) and a quitter.  It won't end well with VY, that much is clear. 

Easy, how did Vince Young get his coach fired? Fisher wanted nothing to do with him, Fisher got himself fired. Young got kicked out of Tennessee by his own stupidity, but don't blame him for Fisher. 

P.S...when ever one keeps saying that Fox doesn't have faith in Tebow, Fisher didn't have faith in Young either. It's been made public that Fisher never wanted anything to do with Young and basically treated him like how Fox is treating Tebow. Vince Young was a proven winner at Texas, then Fisher psychologically damaged him into thinking he's not capable of being a starting QB in the NFL. That's where the depression and suicide scare came from. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Here is how it seems to boil down to me:
    As a non-believer, Tebow strikes me as arrogant.  I'd feel the same way about a showy Jew, a showy Hindu, a showy Muslim.  Particularly if they weren't all that good but were getting undeserved attention in large part due to their overt religiosity and their legions of adoring, Jewish/Hindu/Muslim fans.
    It seems believers have difficulty seeing this, maybe because they have a different worldview.  Which is okay.  Just try to understand that other people don't see things they way you do.  And its not because they are evil or have some other shortcoming.  They are just different.
    Anyone who can't see that suffers from a bit of arrogance him/herself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Anyone have any idea how John Fox got to fail miserably in Carolina for years, then gets another HC job right away?  Did Pat Bowlen think Jerry Richardson was so stupid that he made a good HC look bad?  That one stumps me.  I understood the whole Mangini to the Browns thing, failure with the Jets would have looked like success in Cleveland.  But you took the Panthers HC to help the Broncos?????  I don't get that.  That Hue Jackson promotion last year is looking like pure genius.  Way to go out on a high note, Al bayyyyyybeeeee!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : LOL, That particular cheerleader position should be abolished. It makes me want to be naughty.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

i think that is what it is designed for...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Have we beaten the Tim Tebow horse to death yet?? After all it's not like he's(or ever will be) a Patriot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Have we beaten the Tim Tebow horse to death yet?? After all it's not like he's(or ever will be) a Patriot
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Thank God

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : I don't think I ever said that 95% of all NFL coaches are white because I know at least 6 black NFL coaches. Last I checked, 6 of 32 isn't 90%. Second off, I guess I forgot Josh Freeman and Cam Newton. Vick, Newton, Freeman are the only starting black QBs in the NFL. Now, with Young, I'm not trying to defend him, but he's a better version of Tebow. He's a winner (31-17) too, where's the outcry?  Look, I'm sorry, but to say that Tebow is discriminated when it comes to playing QB because he's white is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, EVER! 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Sorry I guess I had you mixed up with someone else. There's Tavaris Jackson also.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

so are you guys saying the media has a pro-christian bias?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]so are you guys saying the media has a pro-christian bias?
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

NO, just the opposite ....and we have beaten this Tebow thing to death.

It's like a politician who says that he wants a clean campaign but will then say to the masses " I do'nt want to hear about my opponents DUIs, nor hear about his domestic problems nor his bad credit issues" I want a clean campaign"...etc etc...Understand?

The media is anti-Christ not anti-Tebow...they use him.

Have a great game day....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]!.) Tebow is pumped up by the media, part of that is his christianity and it's appeal to that demographic. 2.) He isn't as good as the media leads you to believe, in fact he is bad.  3.) He runs/sponsors hate campaigns on national television.  4.) In the act of 'praising' so lavishly after each score he is in fact making the TEAM score about himself, with his false god as a mere prop to hide behind (typical). He is a heretic in every sense of the word. Many, many reasons to hate Tebow. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

If i'm reading that correctly, That #4 of yours is pretty damning to people like myself who do Believe in Christ. Hate is a terrible word...

Have a good Game day....Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

@ WesternOregon - One last thought.  Imagine that Tebow is an atheist.  After every touchdown and game he makes an atheist gesture (what the hell that is, I don't know).  During press conferences he mentions how glad he is to be an atheist, free of all gods.  And he gets a ton of media covereage because of it.  Would you really feel the same?  Really? 
    As a non-believer, I would nonetheless have a problem with it.  For sure.  "Dude, this is football.  Save that for a more appropriate forum."
    Our own prejudice is hard to see.

Sections
Shortcuts